Science-Based Alternative to Ease Quarantine Act Restrictions

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Hot Wings
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Science-Based Alternative to Ease Quarantine Act Restrictions

Post by Hot Wings »

All I’m hearing from Pelmet is, “wah, they’re being mean. Don’t use personal insults when you debate. Also: facts. [insert dubious YouTube video].”

Also Pelmet: “Rockie is a Antifa/BLM/Libtard/Trudope supporter, ie. is stupid.”

Browbeating makes you look stupid.
---------- ADS -----------

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Hot Wings wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:17 pm All I’m hearing from Pelmet is, “wah, they’re being mean. Don’t use personal insults when you debate. Also: facts. [insert dubious YouTube video].”
No you are not hearing only that. You are just lying. I am also stating something that even most if not all of the press hasn't stated.....
pelmet wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:10 pm In other words, the anarchists/Marxists, etc who used to riot separately at G8 summits such as in Seattle and Toronto have decided to use the regular riots in black neighborhoods to their advantage.
But thanks for your thoughtful analysis of the situation anyways.

rxl
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by rxl »

pelmet wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:11 pm
rxl wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:13 pm
pelmet wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:42 am When governments abdicate their responsibility to protect their citizens and their property, whether for political reasons(as has been the case in the US or whatever other reason, people will defend themselves and their fellow citizens.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/departme ... permitting
All you need to know about this press release from the US DOJ is that Attorney General Barr is a fairly recent Trump nominee approved by a group of hypocrites.
Feel free to show where there is incorrect information in the link provided....unlikely to get a response.
“Anarchist Jurisdictions”? Really?
Have a look at any study of violent and/or property crime statistics in the United States by city and see where the real “anarchist jurisdictions” are.
Where are Trump and Barr on the long term “anarchy” that places like St. Louis, Detroit and Baltimore for example suffer through?
There’s absolutely nothing whatsoever political going on here is there.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Chicago has had nearly 600 murders so far this year. Detroit, Baltimore have higher murder rates as well. Violence is increasing in NYC too since the Mayor decided to cut the police budget. Minneapolis, Seattle and Portland. You know what is going on there. These cities all have 1 thing in common.......

Are they Republican or Democrat leaning cities? :wink:

Let’s Go Brandon
2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

Medical errors are still the third leading cause of death in North America . Covid is still an amateur at killing , health care professionals are way ahead according to the Internet search’s on cause of deaths :)

Last year Cops killed by criminals 49 , criminals killed by cops 14 . If this was a sport there coach would be giving them a serious locker room speech . The you guys are losing to losers speech that coaches give .

In a further thread drift I like vanilla ice cream , maybe if they served ice cream on airplanes they would get more people flying sooner :)

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Man up Pelmet. If a mere insult makes you cry what are you going to do when the Marxist barbarians make you a child sex slave in the basement of your local Pizza Hut?

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Rockie wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:58 pm Man up Pelmet. If a mere insult makes you cry what are you going to do when the Marxist barbarians make you a child sex slave in the basement of your local Pizza Hut?
It doesn’t make me cry at all. It just proves you lack of credibility.

We can see in this quote, you complete inability to articulate an intelligent argument.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

pelmet wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:23 am
Rockie wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:58 pm Man up Pelmet. If a mere insult makes you cry what are you going to do when the Marxist barbarians make you a child sex slave in the basement of your local Pizza Hut?

We can see in this quote, you complete inability to articulate an intelligent argument.
Irony again. For someone without a functioning brain you’re incredibly funny.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Rockie wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:32 am
pelmet wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:23 am

Irony again. For someone without a functioning brain you’re incredibly funny.
Once again folks, you can see the intelligence level behind Rockie's posts. Keep that in mind whenever you see an opinion about anything from him. Absolutely no credibility. I find most of the left are similar. Disagree with an idea, no further intelligent argument for their belief is given....just insults.

Based on that, I would suggest that the few Americans that do peruse this board vote for Trump and republicans for the senate. Anyways....back to the supreme court nominations. I think it is so wonderful that a woman is being nominated again, potentially a Hispanic from Florida. Trump is so open to all people from all backgrounds.

Don't you agree Rockie that he is the most inclusive president ever.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

What I’ve been trying to convey is that non-Trump cultists have been pushed into a corner and are on the brink of losing their country and their freedom. Trump supporters are far too stupid to understand what that means and how close to civil war they are. Debating and arguing (intelligent or otherwise) is done.

The US is doomed, and we can only make sure it doesn’t spill into Canada.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

Not to insult JPs mother but he could be George Carlin’s love child ,
His video on how to be gluten free is Comedy Gold :)

3down&loct
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 3down&loct »

Can we get back to the topic of original Thread?

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

With all the click bait media garbage I find the good news hard to find... be good news I mean the things the really matter. I mean we have been sitting around for 7 months now and all we keep hearing is masks, social distance, lockdown, quarantine.

Why don’t we hear more about what researchers have learned about covid, has it been mutating, were our restrictions effective, should we continue with the restrictions based on the evidence of what we have learned over the last 7 months. I feel like we are rolling with the same assumptions we made in March. Do we not have any new information? Second wave, lockdown is that the plan? Is that the viable solution? CERB round two? Keep American border closed? Maybe I’m just too hopeful covid was not as bad as we thought, and there is no news to report. If covid was less deadly in a way it mutates, would any expert even come out and say it’s the case and suggest we ease up on restrictions? Is this career suicide to be an epidemiologist who dares to say something different? I guess mybias is clear that I don’t think covid is the boogeyman some people think.

I can’t even talk to half my family. My father insist the covid death rate is 7 percent. So I try to explain IFR and he’s pretty much in the clouds and says *look, all I see is how many people got covid in the count here and the deaths, and that is 7 percent”.... :roll: and I have an aunt that wipes all her food down with Lysol wipes. :shock: well no one is going to fly anywhere with the insane rules we have and the extreme fear our government started and our citizens and media keep promoting ... so sit back and enjoy ei until it runs out, then find a new career.

CPT.HarshColdReality
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CPT.HarshColdReality »

montado wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:17 pm With all the click bait media garbage I find the good news hard to find... be good news I mean the things the really matter. I mean we have been sitting around for 7 months now and all we keep hearing is masks, social distance, lockdown, quarantine.

Why don’t we hear more about what researchers have learned about covid, has it been mutating, were our restrictions effective, should we continue with the restrictions based on the evidence of what we have learned over the last 7 months. I feel like we are rolling with the same assumptions we made in March. Do we not have any new information? Second wave, lockdown is that the plan? Is that the viable solution? CERB round two? Keep American border closed? Maybe I’m just too hopeful covid was not as bad as we thought, and there is no news to report. If covid was less deadly in a way it mutates, would any expert even come out and say it’s the case and suggest we ease up on restrictions? Is this career suicide to be an epidemiologist who dares to say something different? I guess mybias is clear that I don’t think covid is the boogeyman some people think.

I can’t even talk to half my family. My father insist the covid death rate is 7 percent. So I try to explain IFR and he’s pretty much in the clouds and says *look, all I see is how many people got covid in the count here and the deaths, and that is 7 percent”.... :roll: and I have an aunt that wipes all her food down with Lysol wipes. :shock: well no one is going to fly anywhere with the insane rules we have and the extreme fear our government started and our citizens and media keep promoting ... so sit back and enjoy ei until it runs out, then find a new career.
SPOT ON!

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

2R wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:43 pm In a further thread drift I like vanilla ice cream , maybe if they served ice cream on airplanes they would get more people flying sooner :)
They’re going to have to serve Napoleonic ice cream to survive...

CPT.HarshColdReality
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CPT.HarshColdReality »

mixturerich wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:36 am
2R wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:43 pm In a further thread drift I like vanilla ice cream , maybe if they served ice cream on airplanes they would get more people flying sooner :)
They’re going to have to serve Napoleonic ice cream to survive...
lololol at this rate to please everyone such ice cream does not exist..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

https://youtu.be/hStrML7vk5k

I wonder why Sweden’s chief epidemiologist says masks aren’t proven to be very effective? Discussion on the masks starts at 6:30 for those who aren’t interested in the whole discussion.

Sweden 🇸🇪 is the only light in the tunnel this pandemic. JT just finished spreading more fear, Sweden is still standing by their choices knowing covid might be around for a while, looks like they are settling in quite well for a long haul, the rest of the world is in a panic. I find Anders to be quite frank and logical in his approach to the pandemic. He doesn’t butter anything up to sound like they have perfect outcomes, but I’m surprised Sweden is alone in their approach.

How long until rockie chimes in and tells us all how dumb we are and how important masks are?

twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by twa22 »

montado wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:14 pm https://youtu.be/hStrML7vk5k

I wonder why Sweden’s chief epidemiologist says masks aren’t proven to be very effective? Discussion on the masks starts at 6:30 for those who aren’t interested in the whole discussion.

Sweden 🇸🇪 is the only light in the tunnel this pandemic. JT just finished spreading more fear, Sweden is still standing by their choices knowing covid might be around for a while, looks like they are settling in quite well for a long haul, the rest of the world is in a panic. I find Anders to be quite frank and logical in his approach to the pandemic. He doesn’t butter anything up to sound like they have perfect outcomes, but I’m surprised Sweden is alone in their approach.

How long until rockie chimes in and tells us all how dumb we are and how important masks are?
Obidience and responsibility, that was my take away from that video. By the sounds of it, the Swedes seem to listen alot more to the rules then any other nation... Hence the much more relaxed rules. The approach may work for them but it likely wouldn't anywhere else in the world, just look at some of the examples around...

As for face masks, I don't know if he's right or wrong... But does it hurt to wear one? Even if it makes the absolute slightest difference, it's better then nothing, if there are no negative consequences to wearing one

There has to be a balanced approach, which is what people don't seem to understand

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

twa22 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:21 am
montado wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:14 pm https://youtu.be/hStrML7vk5k

Obidience and responsibility, that was my take away from that video. By the sounds of it, the Swedes seem to listen alot more to the rules then any other nation... Hence the much more relaxed rules. The approach may work for them but it likely wouldn't anywhere else in the world, just look at some of the examples around...

As for face masks, I don't know if he's right or wrong... But does it hurt to wear one? Even if it makes the absolute slightest difference, it's better then nothing, if there are no negative consequences to wearing one

There has to be a balanced approach, which is what people don't seem to understand
Well I think you make an excellent point. And here would be some of my rebuttal if we were going to debate the value of mandatory masks.

This mask study https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/ ... .2020.0376
I found it hard to decipher all the math behind everything. But correct me if I'm wrong, the study says masks are effective with social distancing and lockdown. It also says masks actually pose more risk to the wearer of the mask to get infected. However it says the benefits to the majority are greater by wearing a mask if we have about 65 percent compliance. So if masks are not really effective but also make more risk to get sick, this is a con? To make something clear the reason I question the efficacy of masks as presented in this study is that the study is combining mask use with lockdowns. I don't know how clear cut the case they make for masks is. I would like to see studies directly related to masks and see if they have great enough value to outweigh the downside. However some people told me if everyone in the world wears a mask and it stops one covid death it was worth it. Maybe I have no heart but I don't work with that logic.

For people hard of hearing we have social consequences. Body language is huge and all you see now is mask face. Can't lip read, can't send a smile. This is a con, not sure how measurable it is.

Young Kids learning to pronounce words are watching teachers with masks on. This is a con.

People may think the masks are very effective and reduce social distancing. However one could argue if we all wear masks we keep lore distance because someone wearing a mask is less inviting. So not sure.

Mental health, social distancing and mask as a whole are having huge impacts, possibly hikes in suicide and drug abuse during pandemics. Don't have sources at this time or evidence to back up this claim, however I would be interested to see if this is studied.

The costs of masks and environmental impact of the abuse of medical supplies. This is a con.

Mask culture may generate more fear. This is a con (unless you like to exploit people and their vulnerabilities, then generating fear can work for you.)

And personal freedom... The last and least one I'm even after.. I really don't give a shit about it mask freedom if we save lives in a measurable way that shows it out weights the cons I discuss above. However I don't agree with giving up my freedom for nothing. For lies, for BS. Honestly masks have torn some of my family apart. I literally have family I can't talk to. Family that tells me "facts". (facts like wearing glasses prevents getting covid. Facts like covid death rate is 7 percent) I would say taking away people's freedoms does some measurable damage. Measure it against the efficacy of a cloth mask.

So I think the list of potential cons is worth acknowledgement. I think saying masks don't work great but they do zero damage is completely false.

Last edited by montado on Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”