Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: March to Save Canadian Aviation

Post by '97 Tercel »

New page, baby!!

Anywho, a vaccine will be out early 2021- right around the time covid starts burning itself out and fading from our frantic newsfeeds.

I think next summer will be better than expected.
---------- ADS -----------

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

I for one, certainly hope so. I have at least 3 international trips planned...

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

porcsord wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:13 am
Gilles Hudicourt wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:04 am So why would Canadian airlines be expected to refund when they received ZERO financial aid from the Government ?
Because they were unable to deliver the service they sold? The same reason that if I bought a TV from a store and then the TV was undeliverable I would expect a refund. You want the government to provide refunds for to citizens because the airline can't afford to? That is the single dumbest thing I have ever heard. I'm done here, but that logic makes us all look terrible.
A huge emphatic +1!

You CANNOT privatize the profits while socializing the losses!!

And if this is required. If the airlines are like a bank with no equity once the customer gives them their money (in spite of sitting on billions of cash reserves), then we need to have one nationalized airline.

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
alkaseltzer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alkaseltzer »

iflyforpie wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:28 am !

Trudeau -> senior homes who put profits over lives, native fishing abuses, WE scandal....

He's done it for plenty of other industries/buddies.

But now you would sleep better if we socialize the profits and privatize the losses?

I think Karl Marx just awoke.

milhouse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by milhouse »

iflyforpie wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:28 am
porcsord wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:13 am
Gilles Hudicourt wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:04 am So why would Canadian airlines be expected to refund when they received ZERO financial aid from the Government ?
Because they were unable to deliver the service they sold? The same reason that if I bought a TV from a store and then the TV was undeliverable I would expect a refund. You want the government to provide refunds for to citizens because the airline can't afford to? That is the single dumbest thing I have ever heard. I'm done here, but that logic makes us all look terrible.
A huge emphatic +1!

And if this is required. If the airlines are like a bank with no equity once the customer gives them their money (in spite of sitting on billions of cash reserves), then we need to have one nationalized airline.
Do you really not get it? This isn't some failure of the airlines or the free market. The government is not allowing them to do business. While the government is not responsible for the pandemic, their policies have been extreme, and have lagged behind the rest of the world when it comes to airport testing and reducing quarantine times. Either let them fly or bail them out.

That TV example is fucking ridiculous. A more accurate example would be if the store wanted to deliver the TV but the government forbade it.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”