New Protest to Save Canadian Aviation

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: New Protest to Save Canadian Aviation

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

The 14 day quarantine is preventing people from flying.
---------- ADS -----------

777Aviate
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 777Aviate »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:32 pm The 14 day quarantine is preventing people from flying.

Why are US airlines bleeding? Why are European airlines bleeding? Emirates is flying DXB to LHR basically empty. No quarantine restriction in the US, Europe, or Middle east but still these airlines are burning millions per day.

Ending the 14 day quarantine WILL NOT stimulate demand for travel. People in every industry have lost jobs and a lot of income and with the uncertainty with the future of the global economy people are choosing to conserve the cash they have.

An economic downturn was long overdue. This one will just hit us harder and the effects will be felt for the foreseeable future.

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

777Aviate wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:08 pm
JohnnyHotRocks wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:32 pm The 14 day quarantine is preventing people from flying.

Why are US airlines bleeding? Why are European airlines bleeding? Emirates is flying DXB to LHR basically empty. No quarantine restriction in the US, Europe, or Middle east but still these airlines are burning millions per day.

Ending the 14 day quarantine WILL NOT stimulate demand for travel. People in every industry have lost jobs and a lot of income and with the uncertainty with the future of the global economy people are choosing to conserve the cash they have.

An economic downturn was long overdue. This one will just hit us harder and the effects will be felt for the foreseeable future.
Sure in Europe they don’t have quarantine, they must stay at home and are only allowed to go outside their home within 1 km... :mrgreen:
I totally disagree with you; I just look around and the only ones i know who are struggling at the moment are people working in the tourism industry. All other industries are working differently (or from home maybe) but they still have descent salaries. Many friends and family members even got a payrise (and they are just waiting for the quarantine to be removed to go on vacation)
Don’t trust the doom and gloom from the media.
People won’t conserve their cash for too long, most are not educated to live like that (this is especially true in North America); and the system will do all what it takes to avoid that.

BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

There is some business travel that is waiting for the quarantines to end as well. They can’t effectively do anything of substance while they are in place.

Not all business related travel is meetings and glad handing.

Lifting quarantines won’t end the pain, but it will ease it.

W5
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by W5 »

Canadian aviation is not alone. Eurocontrol forecast:

https://www.eurocontrol.int/publication ... 9%20figure.

AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by AuxBatOn »

BTD wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:06 am There is some business travel that is waiting for the quarantines to end as well. They can’t effectively do anything of substance while they are in place.

I think companies will find they can do their business as effectively with virtual means (meetings or otherwise), increasing their bottom line, and won’t go back to business travel, or at least will cut it severely.

Going for the deck at corner
RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

I dont agree. This is temporary. Maybe 2-3 years but temporary. If anything employees of organizations will request/ask/demand business or premium economy travel for social distancing or health reasons. There will also in my opinion be pent up demand for travel.

BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

AuxBatOn wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:39 pm
BTD wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:06 am There is some business travel that is waiting for the quarantines to end as well. They can’t effectively do anything of substance while they are in place.

I think companies will find they can do their business as effectively with virtual means (meetings or otherwise), increasing their bottom line, and won’t go back to business travel, or at least will cut it severely.
There are many people who travel for business that have to physically be there. My brother runs the engineering department for company and he or a delegate needs to be there when a unit they have designed is being installed. He cannot do that remotely. He has a number of projects sitting and waiting to be installed around the US and other parts of the world, but can’t until these restrictions are lifted.

I am not saying this is the majority for business travel but it amounts to some sizeable portion. And there are many businesses like this we don’t even think of on a daily basis. I remember talking to one guy, when I was deadheading, who did specialty demolitions and rock assessments on highways etc around the USA and Canada. I’d bet his life is more complicated right now.

Even actors who go between LA and Vancouver won’t be travelling due to productions being shut down etc. It all adds up. And none of the above will be done over Zoom.

Again, it won’t end the pain, but removing the restrictions would certainly ease it.

oldncold
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by oldncold »

the can us border needs to open by may long weekend. 2021. for the float flyin fishing and lodge biz to survive. I think it will happen on a month to month basis to see how the covid 19. measures in place are effective. but if the border don't open. the next gen of.new or recent buyers of Lodge flyin outposts. will be out of biz by Sept 2021. and a lot of ancillary jobs. that help smaller. towns n communities. Thrive go with it . all the protests don't mean jack when the govt. is rolling the dice on you r grandkids financial future ofpayinga 60%+ income tax rate in 30 yrs to spend now like a college frat party with an unlimited beer budget.

doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by doiwannabeapilot »

60 % income rate in 30 yrs ???
wow!

i'd hazard a guess we will see that in 5-10 years tops.

oldncold wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:32 am the can us border needs to open by may long weekend. 2021. for the float flyin fishing and lodge biz to survive. I think it will happen on a month to month basis to see how the covid 19. measures in place are effective. but if the border don't open. the next gen of.new or recent buyers of Lodge flyin outposts. will be out of biz by Sept 2021. and a lot of ancillary jobs. that help smaller. towns n communities. Thrive go with it . all the protests don't mean jack when the govt. is rolling the dice on you r grandkids financial future ofpayinga 60%+ income tax rate in 30 yrs to spend now like a college frat party with an unlimited beer budget.

Torontomaplelaughs
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Torontomaplelaughs »

I think guys stuck flying clapped out jets who didn't make it to the airlines will continue to spew out baseless bullshit from their stank ass hangars

AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by AuxBatOn »

Torontomaplelaughs wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:22 pm

I think guys stuck flying clapped out jets who didn't make it to the airlines will continue to spew out baseless bullshit from their stank ass hangars
And why do I deserve this?

Going for the deck at corner
JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

I think the 14 day quarantine isn’t going away anytime soon. Later this month customs is requiring every passenger and crew member to use the ArrivCan app before departing for Canada. Once in Canada, non-exempt individuals must use the app to check-in with the government daily to ensure they are in quarantine. I am sure there is some tracking mechanism.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:49 pm I think the 14 day quarantine isn’t going away anytime soon. Later this month customs is requiring every passenger and crew member to use the ArrivCan app before departing for Canada. Once in Canada, non-exempt individuals must use the app to check-in with the government daily to ensure they are in quarantine. I am sure there is some tracking mechanism.
Soon it’s going to be time to throw the smartphones in the river folks.....

Let’s Go Brandon
2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

The Float Test ? For a smart phone .
The offshore oil industry has a similar term for things that are useless or persons unpopular . Give it the float test .
Evil laughs all round once someone says what we were all thinking .

Never mind the hair for men club auditions are nearly over and the contestants have promised us they will end the virus by their very presence in the vicinity of the old green house . The green house that was burned some of our pitchfork and torch types, so they painted it White .

Why they cannot find a pretty boy with a nice haircut like ours who surprisingly is doing way better than many other leaders in the fight against the Global pandemic.
Or even a girlie type leader with nice long hair like that New Zealand Woman . She has nice hair and look at the great job she had done to keep her people safe .
The chaos of the Boris bouffant thatch is only surpassed by the chaos of policies changing like the wind blowing through Unst . The North Korean Hair cut style seems to be working as they have zero infections . Or at least that is what the NKs media are reporting . Media never lie I have been told by a nice little Bavarian .

We used to laugh when Beauty Pageant contestants would say they wanted to cure world hunger .
Maybe one of those Pageant contestants has some ideas on how to cure the global pandemic and world hunger . I must pay very close attention to the next beauty pageant . Who knows the one with the nicest hair might just have some ideas on curing or at least controlling the Global Pandemic and be our Savior .
Besides a few hours watching a Pageant is way better than watching the world's longest hair for men club marathon . It is like going to a car show just to look at all the models you cannot afford :)

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Are you feeling ok?

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

2R wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:26 am The Float Test ? For a smart phone .
The offshore oil industry has a similar term for things that are useless or persons unpopular . Give it the float test .
Evil laughs all round once someone says what we were all thinking .

Never mind the hair for men club auditions are nearly over and the contestants have promised us they will end the virus by their very presence in the vicinity of the old green house . The green house that was burned some of our pitchfork and torch types, so they painted it White .

Why they cannot find a pretty boy with a nice haircut like ours who surprisingly is doing way better than many other leaders in the fight against the Global pandemic.
Or even a girlie type leader with nice long hair like that New Zealand Woman . She has nice hair and look at the great job she had done to keep her people safe .
The chaos of the Boris bouffant thatch is only surpassed by the chaos of policies changing like the wind blowing through Unst . The North Korean Hair cut style seems to be working as they have zero infections . Or at least that is what the NKs media are reporting . Media never lie I have been told by a nice little Bavarian .

We used to laugh when Beauty Pageant contestants would say they wanted to cure world hunger .
Maybe one of those Pageant contestants has some ideas on how to cure the global pandemic and world hunger . I must pay very close attention to the next beauty pageant . Who knows the one with the nicest hair might just have some ideas on curing or at least controlling the Global Pandemic and be our Savior .
Besides a few hours watching a Pageant is way better than watching the world's longest hair for men club marathon . It is like going to a car show just to look at all the models you cannot afford :)
That was hard to read but I like a challenge, end result, I still have no idea what I read.

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
piperdriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by piperdriver »

[/quote]That was hard to read but I like a challenge, end result, I still have no idea what I read.[/quote]

I agree that was a difficult post to decipher, but in the end I have come to the conclusion that 2R has some kind of fetish that involves hair. :D

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

piperdriver wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:49 am
That was hard to read but I like a challenge, end result, I still have no idea what I read.[/quote]

I agree that was a difficult post to decipher, but in the end I have come to the conclusion that 2R has some kind of fetish that involves hair. :D
[/quote]

Thanks for the laugh!

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
fruz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by fruz »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:49 pm I think the 14 day quarantine isn’t going away anytime soon. Later this month customs is requiring every passenger and crew member to use the ArrivCan app before departing for Canada. Once in Canada, non-exempt individuals must use the app to check-in with the government daily to ensure they are in quarantine. I am sure there is some tracking mechanism.
The 14 day quarantine won’t be going away anytime soon yes. But only for those who who test positive. The pilot project YYC is doing will become the norm by May, most likely nationwide. The app would track those infected. I don’t like an app on my phone either but the way I understand it is for those who contract it. The pilot project would reduce the requirement to a blanket quarantine for everyone, despite testing negative.

Hopefully the project becomes a nationwide plan, with a higher emphasis on expediting the plan.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”