Air Canada Hires Influencers Promoting Travel Amid Non-Essential travel Ban

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Air Canada Hires Influencers Promoting Travel Amid Non-Essential travel Ban

Post by Rockie »

Pathetic because I've asked you twice to put up or shut up regarding these "policies" of mine rattling around in your imagination, and still all you offer is more of this baseless, senseless crap:
pelmet wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:17 am Once again folks, you can see how racist so many of you are said to be.....by the people whose parties and ideological cohorts have pushed to have you and your loved ones put at serious risk of death due to your systemic racism.

This is more and more of your future if you let the likes of Rockie, Old Fella, and their politicians continue down this path of ever more political correctness. It never stops. First, it was to help with a career and education. Now it includes your life. And I predict more and more.
pelmet wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:37 am And that is about all you will get as a response as your elderly parents wait, wait, wait for their vaccine. Second, third, fourth in line behind young adults.......most of whom, like my parents were fortunate enough to have the people of Canada welcome their parents from places they were fleeing from.
Facts Pelmet. Since you cannot, or will not provide those stay away from the legal profession or journalism. Reality isn't your cup of tea.
---------- ADS -----------

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

They are the policies of the people of your political ideology. The parties on the left. The same people steamroll onto society calling everyone who opposes them as ‘Aryans’ like Old Fella and the endless racism accusations. All the while implementing what we know see in priority for life saving vaccines(as shown in the link).

Feel free to call that out as racism though. Based on your response, perhaps you find it more concerning than a mention on a forum about future liberal voters.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Rockie wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:49 am What are my policies you’re talking about Pelmet? To my knowledge I don’t have any except follow the science, but if you can find anything different you’re welcome to post them here. You might also re-read the post I was referring to as racist as well. “Plane load after plane load of future lieberal voters”.

If it looks like shit, smells like shit and tastes like shit...it’s shit.
Agreed. The dude in question certainly displays difficulty parsing written commentary and associated responses. Not sure if it is deliberate or inability.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Old fella wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:46 pm
Rockie wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:49 am What are my policies you’re talking about Pelmet? To my knowledge I don’t have any except follow the science, but if you can find anything different you’re welcome to post them here. You might also re-read the post I was referring to as racist as well. “Plane load after plane load of future lieberal voters”.

If it looks like shit, smells like shit and tastes like shit...it’s shit.
Agreed. The dude in question certainly displays difficulty parsing written commentary and associated responses. Not sure if it is deliberate or inability.
Remember folks, that is the response you will get from the people who support the policies that could kill your loved ones to supposedly make up for you being racist, like posting about potential liberal voters and other horrible similar things you have done that justifies their policies.

As you can see from Rockie's next post, it is the same as Old Fella. They accuse you endlessly of being part of systemic racism, and then implement the policies that put you behind others to get a life saving vaccine based on your skin colour only. Of course, they deny when called out.

Ask yourself what is next. Perhaps it was your fault that there is a high level of alcoholism in some areas and therefore, you won't get the available liver for your life-saving surgery. Not so far-fetched anymore. Remember that.

Hopefully now back to Air Canada stuff.

Last edited by pelmet on Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

What “folks” are you talking to Pelmet? Who exactly are you pathetically trying to rally around to your view of the world? In case you missed it, this is the internet.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

So how political is covid? US states, mainly California & NY have completely changed course from the lockdown measures. Both Gavin Newsom & Cuomo have now pivoted and are ending lockdowns even though their numbers are double what they were 6 months ago. Although Newsom claims that ICU beds have become available, I call bullshit. The cases are nearly double from when he put the additional lockdown orders in at the beginning of Dec.

MontrealCanucks
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MontrealCanucks »

The governments will keep blaming the people until it is time to start to taking credit

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Florida is pretty much business as usual these days. Face masks aren’t even required. Don’t hear much about the streets strewn with the bodies of the elderly down there now do you?

Let’s Go Brandon
RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

Im not a conspiracy guy but im starting to think the government doesn't want people to travel and see how people are living and dealing with the Wuhan Flu in other countries. I would be pissed if i spent a week in Florida or Cancun and come back to lockdowns and curfews. Got to justify your actions to stay in power.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Inverted2 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:20 pm Florida is pretty much business as usual these days. Face masks aren’t even required. Don’t hear much about the streets strewn with the bodies of the elderly down there now do you?
Two minutes checking the stats would have saved you the embarrassment of looking like an idiot.

POPULATION:

Canada - 37.5 million
Florida - 19.5 million

TOTAL COVID CASES:

Canada - 757,000
Florida - 1,670,000

TOTAL COVID DEATHS:

Canada - 19,400
Florida - 25,700

LAST 7 DAY AVERAGE NEW CASES/DAY:

Canada - 5324
Florida - 11,238

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

RRJetPilot wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:03 pm Im not a conspiracy guy but im starting to think the government doesn't want people to travel and see how people are living and dealing with the Wuhan Flu in other countries. I would be pissed if i spent a week in Florida or Cancun and come back to lockdowns and curfews. Got to justify your actions to stay in power.

You claim you’re not a conspiracy guy, then spend the rest of your post proving you are.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Rockie wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:31 am
Inverted2 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:20 pm Florida is pretty much business as usual these days. Face masks aren’t even required. Don’t hear much about the streets strewn with the bodies of the elderly down there now do you?
Two minutes checking the stats would have saved you the embarrassment of looking like an idiot.

POPULATION:

Canada - 37.5 million
Florida - 19.5 million

TOTAL COVID CASES:

Canada - 757,000
Florida - 1,670,000

TOTAL COVID DEATHS:

Canada - 19,400
Florida - 25,700

Canada - 5324
Florida - 11,238
Did I miss something Rockie? Did you provide evidence that life is not "pretty much business as usual"? Are masks required or bodies all over the streets?

Your stats just make me wonder how effective Ford and Trudeau policy has been. Amazing what people will give up for fake measures.

Ruddervator
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ruddervator »

Half the number of deaths per capita? Sounds effective to me.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Population density:

Florida: 156.5 people/km²
Canada: 4 people/km²

Percent of population over 65:

Florida: 26.7%
Canada: 16.1%

Percent of population without health insurance:

Florida: 20.7%
Canada: 0%

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correla ... _causation

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Ruddervator wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:21 am Half the number of deaths per capita? Sounds effective to me.
Half the covid deaths, in exchange for the impact of the measures in Canada, which you fail to mention.

So effectively doing what? Fucking everything up worse than things would be if we did absolutely nothing except roll out a vaccine.

Pretty sure the argument in support of the measures in Canada was that without them we would have had exponential deaths and completely fall apart... If Florida is a good comparison looks like life is pretty much normal doing nothing. But what do I know, enjoy the job loss and economic impact everyone... Apparently people taking their own responsibility for Thier safety is no longer a thing. Today believing in liberty and freedom is selfish right? Many Canadians would give up liberty and freedom so save a couple thousand covid lives at the expense of millions who will suffer from the policy of covid.

TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

Comparing Florida to Canada is pointless. The virus spreads easier in poorly ventilated indoor settings, in Canada (excluding the mild Vancouver region) it's too to stay outside so we gather indoors. Alberta and Manitoba had early second waves as it got cold in September/October and central Canada the second wave was delayed until late November/early December, in Florida this isn't the case as it stays comfortable outside.

Our lockdown measures are having an impact on the spread of the virus, but at a high cost and I'll agree with anyone frustrated at the current misguided efforts as they overlook and fail to provide resources in areas where the virus is spreading rampantly (Warehouses, Meat processing facilities and other essential business) and instead focus too much attention on areas with very limited spread (recreation facilities, air travel and other businesses with effective control measures). Fear and politics have replaced science and analysis.

Talk of closing provincial boarders and banning air travel is absolutely insane and demonstrates that the majority of the population doesn't understand how and why COVID spreads, that we can't eliminate it, and worse, won't effectively function as a society until vaccination efforts establish heard immunity.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Also remember that all Canada isn't locked down...

How about some of the most populous regions that are in lock down, Toronto, Halton, York, Peel, Ottawa, how do their results compare to the other numbers presented?

POPULATION:

Canada - 37.5 million
Florida - 19.5 million (2020 estimate 20.9 million)
Toronto/Halton/York/Peel/Ottawa health regions - ~6.75 million

TOTAL COVID CASES:

Canada - 757,000
Florida - 1,670,000
Toronto/Halton/York/Peel/Ottawa health regions - 258,700

TOTAL COVID DEATHS:

Canada - 19,400
Florida - 25,700
Toronto/Halton/York/Peel/Ottawa health regions - 5900

Canada - 5324
Florida - 11,238
Toronto/Halton/York/Peel/Ottawa health regions - ~3000

Population density Southern Ontario 91.3/km²

Bit of a different picture. Despite all schools closed, despite restaurants and small businesses closed, despite rights stripped from the population are we really fairing much better?

Ruddervator
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ruddervator »

TheStig wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:37 am Our lockdown measures are having an impact on the spread of the virus, but at a high cost and I'll agree with anyone frustrated at the current misguided efforts as they overlook and fail to provide resources in areas where the virus is spreading rampantly (Warehouses, Meat processing facilities and other essential business)
I agree with this 100%. Our response isn't perfect. It needs to be targeted more effectively on the sectors that are actually spreading the virus. Furthermore, paid sick days need to be mandated by the provincial governments so that people aren't compelled to work while they're sick. Lots of spread from people working 2-3 minimum wage jobs in poorly ventilated workplaces.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Florida has pretty much half Canada’s population yet over twice the cases historically and new cases in the last weekly average per day. That makes them four times worse than we are even though they aren’t trapped inside like we are. Pick at that all you like and it’s still abysmally worse, but I’ll agree on one thing - that is “business as usual” for them.

Last edited by Rockie on Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

montado wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:05 amToday believing in liberty and freedom is selfish right?

Killing people so you can exercise your liberty and freedom to go to bars and throw parties is not merely selfish, it is assholery beyond compare.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”