Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Dh8Classic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Air Canada Hires Influencers Promoting Travel Amid Non-Essential travel Ban

Post by Dh8Classic »

Rockie wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:56 pm
Dh8Classic wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:11 pm And after that, tell us why you think it would be a good idea to close the current Enbridge line in Michigan and block the new one.
When did I say that?
Then there is the denial.
---------- ADS -----------

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Dh8Classic wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:31 pm
Dh8Classic wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:11 pm And after that, tell us why you think it would be a good idea to close the current Enbridge line in Michigan and block the new one.
When did I say that?
Show me then. I'll wait.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

No longer tolerant of the morally and intellectually corrupt, and you’re welcome to quote examples of me being racist and bigoted. There is a certain demographic that objects to my intolerance of moral and intellectual corruption the most. It’s obvious what and who that demographic is, and I view their hatred of me as confirmation my moral and intellectual compass is pointed in the right direction.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

You guys should just block and ignore... and stop quoting, it pains me to see the drivel.

Do it now, click the name, them click "add foe" and the posts go away.

Everyone ignores the sad troll and he goes away.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

FOD wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:23 am
Rockie wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:46 am No longer tolerant of the morally and intellectually corrupt, and you’re welcome to quote examples of me being racist and bigoted. There is a certain demographic that objects to my intolerance of moral and intellectual corruption the most. It’s obvious what and who that demographic is, and I view their hatred of me as confirmation my moral and intellectual compass is pointed in the right direction.
Whatever dude, hate hate hate. It’s all you got. Someone help this guy.
No examples of me being racist and bigoted?

Last edited by Rockie on Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

altiplano wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:49 am You guys should just block and ignore... and stop quoting, it pains me to see the drivel.
Close your eyes and the bad man goes away.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

https://www.timesofisrael.com/as-transm ... ssibility/

So who is excited to get a vaccine.

Israel is at 98 percent vaccination, well above "herd immunity"

Now they are talking about a fourth lockdown. Looks like new normal folks! Even with a vaccine you will forever wear a mask and lockdown periodically. Guess we all got duped to believe a vaccine was going to bring normalcy back :lol:

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

https://www.twincities.com/2021/02/07/s ... use-of-it/

One of my biggest problems with covid since day one... Why is it when people die after getting a vaccine it's just old age.. . When someone gets covid and dies it's a covid death?

old people die... How many covid deaths were people who were on their final months? Already had underlying conditions etc? Now they have to push these articles that normalize death of old people... Well no shit! The fact they have to publish this crap keeps reminding me how overblown the hysteria is.

BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

montado wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:38 pm https://www.timesofisrael.com/as-transm ... ssibility/

Now they are talking about a fourth lockdown. Looks like new normal folks! Even with a vaccine you will forever wear a mask and lockdown periodically. Guess we all got duped to believe a vaccine was going to bring normalcy back :lol:
That actually isn’t the case. There have been that many vaccinations per 100 people, but some large number are going towards people’s second doses.

According to our worldindata.org 56.6 % have received their first vaccinations. 42.2 % have received both doses. Careful of the details. It has been estimated that significant drops through herd immunity would not be noticed until 70%+ percent are fully vaccinated.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

montado wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:38 pm https://www.timesofisrael.com/as-transm ... ssibility/

FFS, did you even read the article you posted?
“Additionally, 4,901,143 Israelis have received the first vaccine dose, of whom 3,654,797 have also received the second. Several million Israelis are ineligible for the vaccine, most of them under the age of 16.

According to Prof. Eran Segal of the Weizmann Institute, some 87% of all Israelis aged 16 and up who aren’t ultra-Orthodox or Arab have either recovered from COVID-19 or received at least one vaccine dose.
The equivalent figure for the ultra-Orthodox community was 72%, while the lowest immunization rate, 64%, has been observed among Arab Israelis.”
Population of Israel 9,197,590, in what friggen world is 3.6 million 98%, even if you count the ones who had only one dose, it’s still nowhere close to 97%, Stop your propaganda!

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
Ruddervator
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ruddervator »

So this is just a general bitching thread now? Or are we actually going to talk about the influencers?

Dh8Classic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dh8Classic »

Rockie wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:37 pm
Dh8Classic wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:31 pm

When did I say that?
Show me then. I'll wait.
Rockie wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:34 pm I support wholeheartedly government regulations and policies that push our society towards clean, sustainable energy. Do you?
Don't believe the frauds like Rockie. He and people who think like him, will devastate your economy, and then insult you for it.

Think about that in the upcoming election.

Last edited by Dh8Classic on Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dh8Classic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dh8Classic »

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/s ... 57353.html

Impending pipeline closure will have far reaching negative consequences

BROCKVILLE, ON, Feb. 12, 2021 /CNW/ - Urgent action is needed by Prime Minister Trudeau to protect the interests, livelihoods and security of Canadians. In 12 short weeks, on May 12, 2021, Enbridge Line 5 will be forced to shut down by the state of Michigan, leaving significant energy shortfalls in Ontario and Quebec. This issue has gone under the radar for too long and the majority of Canadians do not even know that this energy crisis exists. It appears that this issue is not getting the attention it deserves from the Federal government.

In November 2019, Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer moved to revoke an easement that allows for the ongoing Enbridge Line 5 operations. The line is a critical energy artery for Ontario - its shutdown will have devastating effects on the provincial economy causing fuel shortages, increasing energy costs and creating massive job losses across the province.

Energy shortages are a real concern for industry, but should also be a concern for the average citizen. Currently line 5 supplies about 45% of the petroleum refined in Ontario and Quebec. Ontario receives 540,000 barrels a day that is processed into gasoline, diesel and propane. To give an idea of the scale of this issue – Pearson airport relies on 100% of its jet fuel for Line 5. Moreover, from an economic development point-of-view this potential closing will lead to significant major disruptions in supply chains forcing rationing and ultimately driving up fuel prices for all businesses and the average citizen. Simply put, this line is critical for our daily lives and shutting it down will mean there won't be enough fuel to look after our needs from personal driving, transportation of groceries and goods, heating fuel and the fuel needs of industry and farms. Of course, this will affect refinery jobs in places like Sarnia - which expects to lose almost 5000 quality high paying jobs but indirectly will affect an additional 23,500 jobs. Those jobs are held by real hardworking people. These jobs will be lost at a time that thousands of our neighbors, friends and family are already facing employment losses due to the pandemic.

There are no good solutions for solving for the energy shortfall through alternative sources. Transporting the same amount of crude oil and natural gas liquids as delivered by Line 5 would require 2,000 trucks or 800 rail cars going one-way each day. A recent study conducted on behalf of the State of Michigan found that alternatives to Line 5 would significantly increase the price of propane on both a wholesale and retail level and stress existing transportation infrastructure. As Canadians the shadow of Lac-Megantic is still very much in our collective consciousness. More ships in the St. Lawrence Seaway hardly feels like an environmental victory!

Our organization's mission is to attract industry and support the expansion of industry in Eastern Ontario. This issue of closing Line 5 imperils our safe and reliable energy security. Unfortunately, this has far reaching implications including 2 chilling effects that make this mission more difficult:

It creates an environment of volatility and leads multinational firms that are looking globally for new industrial sites to question our energy infrastructure and reliability. The cost of our energy in Ontario is already high compared to other jurisdictions; however, the availability and reliability of energy has never been in question till now. This shutdown will affect site selection opportunities in the future.

It requires existing industries to develop energy contingency plans which are costly and are a distraction for organizations that are focused on COVID recovery, daily operations and customer satisfaction. Ultimately this will lead to higher cost for manufacturers that will be passed to consumers or lead to job losses as production is shifted to plants with reliable energy supply.

Enbridge's Line 5 is a vital piece of our energy infrastructure and security and has been in operation since 1953. Our economic and energy security is at stake and deserves the highest priority attention from our government.

We ask Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to make this issue a priority and work with President Biden to avert this shutdown. Failure on this is not an option, thousands of jobs will be lost, it will undermine economic development and attraction activities, it will destabilize existing manufacturing firms and make it more expensive for Ontarians to drive their cars, feed their families and heat their homes.

Mr. Trudeau this issue requires your personal attention and action.

Sincerely,
David Beatty, Chair, St. Lawrence Corridor Economic Development Commission
Shelley Bacon, Vice- Chair, St. Lawrence Corridor Economic Development Commission

About the St Lawrence Corridor Economic Development Commission
The St Lawrence Corridor Economic Development Commission is a collaboration of municipalities and business leaders from across Eastern Ontario. In cooperation with economic development partners, the organization markets the region as an ideal place to do business and assists businesses in their growth strategies; with the goal of creating quality jobs and fostering economic growth in the vibrant communities along the St Lawrence River.

SOURCE St Lawrence Corridor Economic Development Commission

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Rockie wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:37 pm [quote=Dh8Classic post_id=<a href="tel:1146236">1146236</a> time=<a href="tel:1614904269">1614904269</a> user_id=37436]
[quote=Rockie post_id=<a href="tel:1146234">1146234</a> time=<a href="tel:1614902194">1614902194</a> user_id=5632]
[quote=Dh8Classic post_id=<a href="tel:1146214">1146214</a> time=<a href="tel:1614892296">1614892296</a> user_id=37436]
And after that, tell us why you think it would be a good idea to close the current Enbridge line in Michigan and block the new one.
When did I say that?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Show me then. I'll wait.
[/quote]

...............................................and wait.

Dh8Classic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dh8Classic »

Rockie wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:13 am
Rockie wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:37 pm [quote=Dh8Classic post_id=<a href="tel:1146236">1146236</a> time=<a href="tel:1614904269">1614904269</a> user_id=37436]
[quote=Rockie post_id=<a href="tel:1146234">1146234</a> time=<a href="tel:1614902194">1614902194</a> user_id=5632]
[quote=Dh8Classic post_id=<a href="tel:1146214">1146214</a> time=<a href="tel:1614892296">1614892296</a> user_id=37436]
And after that, tell us why you think it would be a good idea to close the current Enbridge line in Michigan and block the new one.
When did I say that?
[/quote]

Show me then. I'll wait.
[/quote]

...............................................and wait.
[/quote]

There you go folks. 5000 jobs lost, YYZ flights grounded, you are freezing in the dark, and Rockie chalks up how he is correct on a nitpicking item on a bulletin board.

Keep these people out of power. They will significantly affect your standard of living in a negative way. Remember that when you vote.

Now waiting for either an insult, comment of racism, or an irrelevant comment to the massively important subject.

Rockie wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:34 pm I support wholeheartedly government regulations and policies that push our society towards clean, sustainable energy. Do you?
They are pushing alright.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Who are these “folks” you keep talking to about me? Should I be concerned?

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

:smt014

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”