Vacation bookings through the roof in Europe. Easyjet up 600%

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Vacation bookings through the roof in Europe. Easyjet up 600%

Post by boeingboy »

It looks like what most of us have suspected is true - people desperately want to travel. After the travel restrictions were lifted in Britain - bookings were up 600%. Hopefully this will follow in Canada soon.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/tra ... li=AAggFp5
UK airline easyJet reported a 300% increase in flight bookings while vacation package bookings increased more than 600% from last week,

British travel company TUI also reported a 500% surge in bookings overnight on Tuesday, according to the British outlet. The highest demand was for vacations in Greece, Spain, and Turkey.
---------- ADS -----------

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: Vacation bookings through the roof in Europe. Easyjet up 600%

Post by North Shore »

I hope that training departments are ready to go!

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

The world gets ready to travel ....while we Canadians will continue to sit in a snowbank waiting for the jab.

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

I’d be more curious to see how it compares to the same week last year not last week. If you are operating at 5% capacity and your bookings are up 500% that’s still only 25 % of pre covid

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

fish4life wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:45 pm I’d be more curious to see how it compares to the same week last year not last week. If you are operating at 5% capacity and your bookings are up 500% that’s still only 25 % of pre covid
Good point, but I also wonder if the 600% is based on projected operating capacity, vs 5% , if that's what it actually is currently. Honestly I didn't even read the linked article. Just a thought.

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

flying4dollars wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:30 pm
fish4life wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:45 pm I’d be more curious to see how it compares to the same week last year not last week. If you are operating at 5% capacity and your bookings are up 500% that’s still only 25 % of pre covid
Good point, but I also wonder if the 600% is based on projected operating capacity, vs 5% , if that's what it actually is currently. Honestly I didn't even read the linked article. Just a thought.
Who cares what it’s based on, just nice to see.
When Canadians are vaccinated in 2025 hopefully we see the same .....

Kejidog
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Kejidog »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:37 pm
You mean that we’ll elect a new government? :twisted:

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

Kejidog wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:56 pm

That would be nice, I just meant given our current daily vaccination rate it will be January 2025 before 75% of Canadians have received both doses.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

We're 6 months to a year behind the rest of the developed world for covid recovery, and we spent the most!

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

altiplano wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:21 am We're 6 months to a year behind the rest of the developed world for covid recovery, and we spent the most!
Yeah but look who is in charge. This country is so f*cked!

Let’s Go Brandon
Kejidog
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Kejidog »

I mean come on they only had about 8 months to work out a schedule and a plan to implement it. I guess they were to busy shredding we documents and trying for a do nothing seat in the un.

We are stuck with these jokers for the next decade. We’re screwed. Well not me but my kids are

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Guess tis “Our Saviour “ the O’ Foole to rescue us all from Satan’s(JT) call when we(the voters) had gone astray.... oh tidings of comfort and joy, comfort and joy.

:weedman: :supz: :partyman: :drinkers:

Last edited by Old fella on Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

Old fella wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:55 pm Guess tis “Our Saviour “ the O’ Foole to the rescue.

:weedman:
It appears as though you are the new post holder of the Octogenarian Troll position.

You are going to need to up your game as the previous post holder had ten times the ability you do.

Good to see you have pivoted off Harper or Scheer at least. $16 orange juice still causing you heartburn?

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

Kejidog wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:56 pm

The new government that'll break up AC and allow foreign carriers in?

Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Eric Janson »

This article is just another propaganda piece imho.

As stated above - there are no figures given so it doesn't really say anything.

One other problem - just because the UK will slowly re-open doesn't mean other countries will do the same.

From personal experience:-

International travel is extremely difficult and with the testing and quarantine requirements it is one-way only. I've been denied check-in twice in the last 12 months - that was in uniform with a letter from my Airline.

I have been offered a COVID vaccination due to the nature of my work. However even after being vaccinated there will be no change to my quarantine or testing requirements. I'm in an area with zero cases. I get a weekly PCR test as do the rest of the crew - all negative but the rules are not being relaxed.

I don't see too much changing in the short term - maybe towards the end of 2021.

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business
pilotidentity
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pilotidentity »

Let's hope we can get the public flying again in Canada soon!

No matter what political party is in power, they will have their challenges, it won't just be fixed with a change in party. The biggest challenge they all face seems to be keeping honest.

16 dollar Orange juice, yeah I remember that. Always wondered how good it tasted. And wonder if she drank the whole glass??? Ha ha.

Let's not forget the Conservative ETS scandal...400 million!

This scandal involves a number present or former Conservative officials:

The Honourable Michael Fortier, a former Senator and PWGSC Minister when the contract was awarded. In his prior role as Credit Suisse First Boston's key Montreal executive in 2004, Fortier had helped to underwrite CGI's $858 million acquisition of AMS Inc. In 2003, Fortier was the co-chair of now-Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s leadership campaign, and in 2006 he was co-chair of the Conservative campaign.
Denis Pilon, a Crown Prosecutor having joined the government in late 2008. He charged TPG and its owner with bid-rigging (under the Competition Act). Pilon had been a Progressive Conservative candidate in the 1997 federal election.
Justice David Near, who issued a controversial ruling on the ETS case. Only 18 months prior to hearing an important motio this case, he had been working in the office of the Conservative Minister of Justice. He was also Chief of Staff to a former Conservative Minister’s Office.

Corruption in Canadian politics has no party boundaries!

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

Yes, $16 of juice vs $1 billion of taxpayer funds deposited into the account of a real estate holding company masquerading as a charity.

I don't wonder which tasted sweeter.

Maybe pm hairdo's estranged wife, mother, and brother could tell us if the laundered funds they received were as sweet?

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

I booked to Europe for September. No reason not to now we will get our shots at some point. Really looking forward to it. I, for one, put my money on things improving. I am however getting pretty tired of people whining about whose fault this all might be on here.

Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Eric Janson »

ayseven wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:25 pm I booked to Europe for September. No reason not to now we will get our shots at some point. Really looking forward to it. I, for one, put my money on things improving. I am however getting pretty tired of people whining about whose fault this all might be on here.
I admire your optimism but I think you're a few months early.

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business
ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

Time will tell. I am quite glad I wasn't born in 1895: First World War, Spanish Flu, Great Depression, followed by the Second World War. Then probable rationing. It would be enough to have a bad day. Most generations have some economic trauma at some point.

Things will turn around.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”