Finding a pilot job

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

CaptainKirk
Rank 3
Rank 3

Finding a pilot job

Post by CaptainKirk »

How one person found a pilot job and tips you can use.

-KD

[YouTube] https://youtu.be/LeLUNrH7xgU[/YouTube]
---------- ADS -----------

porcsord
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Finding a pilot job

Post by porcsord »

I'm going to save you all some time.

1) Have a type rating that Cargojet required (767)
2) Have a friend at Cargojet
3) Accept job with type rating in hand at Cargojet
4) Post click bait youtube video

Seems reasonable for most in the industry...

Here's Super helpful guide to being able to buy a house in vancouver:

1) Have parents with lots of money
2) Use their money to buy your house
3) There is no step three... It's that easy.

What's your big plan if Big Red calls you back tomorrow? I'm guessing jump ship back to them in an instant?

shawnthesheep
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by shawnthesheep »

You've got to me kidding me Kirk. Not one of these again, fucking embarrassing.

“Bob”
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by “Bob” »

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

We are all very happy for you; maybe not as happy as you are.

Air.Field
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Air.Field »

Guys! Why are you giving Kirk a hard time? Kirk has helped save all the unemployed pilots. All they have to do is apply to Cargojet, guaranteed job, it's that simple, no more unemployed pilots. Tell George S., Kirk sent you. Thanks Kirk.

GoHomeLeg
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GoHomeLeg »

When Cargojet orders a bunch of B737-800BCF's, let me know so I can apply.

Hot Wings
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Hot Wings »

“Friends” you haven’t spoken to in years... I’m sure they loved that phone call.

160tonoaha
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 160tonoaha »

CaptainKirk wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:44 am How one person found a pilot job and tips you can use.

-KD

Thanks Kirk. After years of experience your actual advice is that your network is your net worth? Or is it that you’re just extremely lucky as you also said in the video? Which one is it?

This winner gets a job during a pandemic and many quality guys are delivering pizza? This industry is royally fucked.

Probably one of the most pathetic things I’ve ever seen on YouTube.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Like every social media 'influencer', video is pure shameless gloat. Apparently networking is desperately calling a bunch of old colleagues who still work at an outfit you previously looked down upon, but is certainly convenient when you want to keep 'busy'.

Funny that you had the gaul to mention pay, the pay you happily accepted when times were good.

smh.

Last edited by schnitzel2k3 on Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cavalier44
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Cavalier44 »

Wow, so your advice for all the unemployed pilots out there is to A) have a current type rating on an aircraft that the company you’re applying to flies, and B) have an internal reference at said company? I can’t believe no one has thought of that before now!

This video has nothing to do with helping other people to find a pilot job, and everything to do with you showing off the fact that you landed a job yourself. Pure gloating - even by wannabe “pilot influencer” standards, this is cringeworthy. I’d delete this before your new colleagues become aware of it, unless you want to become the company laughing-stock.

Monkey_in_a_suit
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Monkey_in_a_suit »

CaptainKirk wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:44 am How one person found a pilot job and tips you can use.

-KD

It's fucking embarrassing

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Kirk you are a complete tool. You are actually damaging yourself, the industry and any unemployed pilot out there who might be naive enough to believe your shit. Delete your videos and just be happy that some employer was stupid/desperate enough to hire you. There are far better pilots and better people unemployed right now than you. If you look at the history of providing links to your videos here, the response has been universally negative. It is beyond me why you continue to embarrass yourself. If your fellow crew members are unfortunate enough to see your videos, it will make for a long, boring flight and layover. I sure as hell wouldn’t hang out with you

GATRKGA
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GATRKGA »

-

Last edited by GATRKGA on Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canadian757
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by canadian757 »

I feel sorry for you guys. I really do. For you to take the little precious time you have to write about a random dude you don’t know.

Just for fun I’ve seen all these dudes above past posts. It’s always the same spew of negativity. Would anyone trade lives with you?
Isn’t your time better spent on your own goals? Ask yourself why does the YouTuber bother you so much? Then go and work on yourself. I ain’t changing for you.

Anyways, wish you all good health but seriously ff off.

-Captain Kirk

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

canadian757 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:10 pm -Captain Kirk
Captain of what?

dash8driver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dash8driver »

2E9B261B-397F-460C-983B-F122E6CEFE5D.jpeg
2E9B261B-397F-460C-983B-F122E6CEFE5D.jpeg (29.19 KiB) Viewed 3803 times

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Kirk,
I’m senior enough at my company that I’m not currently laid off but obviously there is not much flying to do so yeah I’ve got time to call you out. I’ve have spoken to many laid off pilots who are suffering trying to pay bills and working at McDonald’s or Walmart or delivery truck etc. The only difference between them and you is that they weren’t lucky enough to get hired onto the 767 at Rouge when they got hired at AC, instead they got awarded some other type and unfortunately there is no cargo operator in Canada operating that type. And let’s face it- type award on the new hire course at AC is pure luck of the draw. So how do you think these guys feel when they see your videos about how you “toughed it out” through the pandemic?
If you insist on continuing to do your videos maybe just stop providing links to them in airline threads like this because they are insulting the intelligence of anyone who has any time put into the industry. I’m sure you can continue to pull the wool over the eyes of high school or student pilots but as long as you keep trying to self promote here, expect to get an earful. Employers may also look at these websites and it doesn’t look good.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

When everyone unanimously agrees on something on Avcanada, there should be a holiday!

My take- a guy can do whatever they want and dig their own hole, more power to them. But when someone acts immature and unprofessional purely for publicity, this posturing reflects directly on your peers to the general population. We then have a right to tell you what we think.

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

Any publicity...is good publicity.

these are hit and run posts he typically makes. All we have done is keep it active on the forum for him.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”