What will happen to our industry?

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: What will happen to our industry?

Post by McKinley »

Spaceshuttle wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:31 am Yes, we dont hear the whole story on CBC.

How many people who have had and recovered from Covid are ever shown on the news? Apparently every third person has had it, you would think they would want to tell you how well they are doing now on the news. THERE ARE SO MANY POSITIVES, lets hear there stories...
Hear ya go!

Look no further ... (30-40 year old)

I had COVID twice. ( both times unconfirmed through a test) due to the fact that a test involves a 4 hour round trip by car, a several day wait for the test itself and another 5 day wait for the results) ( despite living in a town of 30,000 w/ a hospital)

Covid 1)

( December)

Long term impact: Loss of smell and taste for a few weeks/ diminished sense of smell/ taste for a few months

Headache
Temperature
Extreme fatigue
Nasty cough/ crap in lungs
Loss of smell

No change in diet ...

Physical activity resumed? Yes. - mountain biking, hiking, snowshoeing at -30, frequent walking a few weeks later.

COVID 2

I took this more seriously... with the variant thing occurring... I felt like I should up the anti on precautions so I did.

( May)

Contracted from working in a non-aviation job. Three other coworkers whom I was on shift with contracted COVID.

Symptoms :

Extreme fatigue ( falling asleep on the couch randomly)
Minor dry cough
Nausea
Dizziness
Cold sweats ( waking up drenched in sweat)
Diminished lung capacity/ stamina
Brain fog, dizziness, short fuse
Sore throat
Sniffles ( lol)

Action taken:
Isolated, essential oil rubbed on chest/ neck which greatly helped symptoms.
Foods consumed: organic/ clean, soups, curries, organic bone broths w/ fresh garlic ,
Fluids: lemon ginger tea/ honey, elderberry tea, pine needle tea,

Mental health remedies: mediation and Breathwork geared towards having a reduced lung capacity. ( also helped) - went off of all social media, small daily walks in nature near house for vitamin D/ mental health. - I stayed clear of anyone but elk, squirrels, trees, lichen etc. Maybe I caused an elk covid outbreak or Douglas fir variant? ... time will tell. Time will tell..

Physical activity resumed: After 14 + days light downhill mountain biking, mild cardio, light hiking, mountain biking will be gradual but not un achievable.

Health at the time : autoimmune condition , asthmatic high familial stress. Not overweight.

I knew several other people who had similar experiences in a similar age range. ( 3 people) one of them had COVID twice.

Again, I want to emphasize in both cases I was burned out and stressed out, working long hours, commuting, sleep issues attributable to COVID/ family issues. ( COVID caused)

Typically, I struggle with the seasonal flu and need to ensure that the flu does not morph into pneumonia. ( which it has several times in the past) This did not occur with COVID. I have been far sicker with the seasonal flu than COVID... one time of which I was nearly hospitalized after having mono/ pneumonia concurrently.

I’d describe my experience as having a nasty cold/ flu that has neurological symptoms and drags on forever .. that one needs to watch carefully and not over exert oneself while having COVID/ in the recovery phase ( my experience) With being pedantic with diet, rest, meditation, supplements...really helped.

Take from this what you wish... I hope it helps .. with people’s discernment around what’s happening in our country/ world.
---------- ADS -----------

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

3 more weeks of lockdown for Ontario! But golf is open. Nice!

Thanks doung ford! :prayer:

I can’t golf when my kids aren’t going to school. Com’on ford you didn’t think this one through for me! :lol:

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

montado wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:11 pm 3 more weeks of lockdown for Ontario! But golf is open. Nice!

I can’t golf when my kids aren’t going to school. Com’on ford you didn’t think this one through for me! :lol:
I sense you are somewhat "tongue in cheek" here, but I think your blaming the wrong guy, Ford is just the messenger. The real blame belongs on Trudeau for not securing enough vaccines early enough and for not securing our borders early enough..if ever!

Keep the dirty side down.
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

EPR wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:16 pm
montado wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:11 pm 3 more weeks of lockdown for Ontario! But golf is open. Nice!

I sense you are somewhat "tongue in cheek" here, but I think your blaming the wrong guy, Ford is just the messenger. The real blame belongs on Trudeau for not securing enough vaccines early enough and for not securing our borders early enough..if ever!
The amount of vaccines is not the problem. Manitoba has a surplus of vaccines because people don't want to take them.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 47north »

digits_ wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:36 pm

The amount of vaccines is not the problem. Manitoba has a surplus of vaccines because people don't want to take them.

Yet MB has the worst rate of infection in North America. Go figure…

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

I didn’t know we elected people to be the messenger and not the decision maker. But you are right, teachers union has full control of when kids go back to school, doctors (some or them) have control of when beaches, and golf can open. This is because a pansy was elected to be premier and he doesn’t want to make decisions. He wants to blame everyone else including Trudeau.

I don’t see this as a partisan issue however people constantly want to drag politics into this. Golf being closed has zero to do with vaccines. I don’t for one second think whether people have a double dose of vax makes any difference at the driving range. But I’m over it, golf is open. I got all I needed... good luck to the rest of you who think schools should be open, and that underwear is essential... take it up with DOFO, I’m golfing nude loving life, loving restrictions, left my kids home to watch frozen while I play 9, hope they are doing okay!

Doug Ford 100 percent deserves mucho blame this pandemic. I think he has a big heart and some good intentions. But at this point he is being dragged through this mess and unable to make decisions, and unable to lead.

palebird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by palebird »

So here is something else to put in your pipe and smoke. Whenever anything happens in the world and the causes are uncertain and widely disputed the surefire way to find the real story is to follow the money. Which brings us to insurance. Anybody ever know an insurance company to lose? Pretty rare occurrence. Insurance game has not changed at all throughout this "pandemic". Inquiring minds want to know why. Stinks like fish.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”