Do potential employers look at your SARON/SAMRA results?

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

redbusdriver
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Do potential employers look at your SARON/SAMRA results?

Post by redbusdriver »

Taxivasion wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:40 am No, they don't.

Some of the biggest idiots and terrible pilots i've ever flown with are at AC (not all bad, some great ones too) but that just shows how great their hiring system is lol and before you "attack" I've never applied or had a desire to fly for AC (and have all their bullshit requirements)
funny how those who shit on ac says that. we know you actually did apply an didn't get called due to lack of degree or high school. don't be jelly. move on brah. :goodman:
---------- ADS -----------

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

redbusdriver wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:30 am
Taxivasion wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:40 am No, they don't.

Some of the biggest idiots and terrible pilots i've ever flown with are at AC (not all bad, some great ones too) but that just shows how great their hiring system is lol and before you "attack" I've never applied or had a desire to fly for AC (and have all their bullshit requirements)
funny how those who shit on ac says that. we know you actually did apply an didn't get called due to lack of degree or high school. don't be jelly. move on brah. :goodman:
If the fact that I am legally qualified to fly commercially and have more experience than many of the recruits in the pool is not enough to get me an offer, then I don't care to work there.

I get it, it's a way to reduce the pile of applications, but it's discriminating based on irrelevant education instead of qualification and experience. If the policy ever changes, I'll probably apply... until then, I am very happy where I am (or will be once recalled).

Edit: To clarify my use of the word discrimination, I am using the word in it's purer definition of differentiating based on a quality, not it's more modern prejudicial interpretation.

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

I know a few people at AC that if my family was with me, we would wait for the next plane.........hell some of them even post here

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Some of the best pilots I have ever met work at AC.

Some of the most dedicated professionals who have put more work into progressing this profession and advancing safety for all of us than this entire forum combined work there too.

I've flown with a couple that leave you wondering, it's true, but I've seen that at every company I've worked at in my career.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

rigpiggy wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:11 am I know a few people at AC that if my family was with me, we would wait for the next plane.........hell some of them even post here
The industry is disproportionately represented on this forum by those people.

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

To answer Altiplano: indeed I do NOT have an ATPL, but exams passed long ago. I used to have what they called a Senior Commercial, now just a Commercial.

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

pitottubey wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:35 pm What if you got a degree but didn't have the best grades :shock:
Q - What do you call the person that graduated 'bottom of the class' at med school ?

A - Doctor

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”