Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

asdfasd
Rank 3
Rank 3

deleted

Post by asdfasd »

deleted
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by asdfasd on Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
jj
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jj »

Sunwing is operating the 737-800, two right now with a third on the way, rumour has it.
Chief pilot is from Air Canada, laid off in 2002, don't know if he's going back or not.
The airline was a year late starting up but is showing alot of promise.

EyeOh
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by EyeOh »

Is the Pilot group for Sunwing seperate from Skyservice? If they are, does anyone know what the requirements are? Pay? Vacation? Schedule? Locations?

metal overcast
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by metal overcast »

The Sunwing Pilot group has nothing to do with any other company or group. Sorry I do not no the specifics of the rest of your question.
cheers :)

chief
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by chief »

I wonder if this is the guy i read about 10 months ago that was ex-C3 president or something that got into a vacations company and mentioned he was going to do his own flying with 737's instead of getting the charter companies to do his flying for him

jj
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jj »

Alright, here's the deal.
Sunwing Airlines, a separate airline unto themselves. They provide lift for their parent company Sunwing Vacations. Sunwing Vacations has a 757 on lease with Skyservice until spring. Previous carriers, Jetsgo, provided lift while the airline was vamping up over the past year and a half.
The owner, an ex C3 original start up investor, is Colin Hunter. He also has run a company by the name of Red Seal for the past twenty five years.
Working conditions are as any other start up, money sucks, scheduling is in constant change, great bunch of people involved in getting this thing off the ground. As time goes on the potential is there to be a viable entity in the charter industry. Hopefully better pay and working conditions will be part of the plan.

flyincanuck
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by flyincanuck »

No Big Yellow Taxi this year? I see its been parked for some time. Surprised to see it really, especially this time of year.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”