What is going on with recalls in Canada?

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

ikarus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: What is going on with recalls in Canada?

Post by ikarus »

goldeneagle wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:49 am Well, if you folks think the current government is bad news for airlines, wait till you get a sniff of what the opposition is considering.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/john-i ... ave-choice
Many can't grasp the hard truth, and that is they are all more or less the same, with the same agenda at the end of the day. Just a slighty different slogan and party colours.
---------- ADS -----------

Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cessna 180 »

goldeneagle wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:49 am Well, if you folks think the current government is bad news for airlines, wait till you get a sniff of what the opposition is considering.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/john-i ... ave-choice
I see this more as removing the foreign ownership requirement for foreigners to own airlines and telecoms in Canada, not as rampant cabotage by the likes of US ane European carriers, but I could be wrong. I doubt we'll see planes crewed by Americans operating in our skies, there's more to it than just allowing foreign competition (work visas, etc.). I can't see the conservative party wanted to reduce Canadian jobs.

American Airlines tried to buy Canadian Airlines way back when but wasn't able to. It could even be a good thing for our jobs. Who knows.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Old fella wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:38 am The fact that here in Atlantic Canada our case count was much lower during the pandemic than other Provincial jurisdictions because of actions taken, that to me is a good definition of “ worked”.
The restrictions definitely played a roll in lower case counts but it's not the only factor. Peel is the hub of Canada for the transportation of people and goods. There are reasons why certain places have more cases besides restrictions.

The ability of the Atlantic to have some normalcy during the pandemic was dependent on Peel working through the pandemic. Its a spider web network and its hilarious if people want to blame certain areas for high cases counts like they are the problem. Peel had to take one for the team.

The picture is much bigger than "what the Atlantic did worked" because the Atlantic depends on Ontario, and Quebec and the rest of the country. So the only way the Atlantic is working is if the rest of the country is working to. The Atlantic just happens to have less to contribute to the country so its easy for them to say we are just going to isolate from the rest of you. If it was the other way around and Ontario cut off ties to the Atlantic, and all your China goods and food from the west of you stopped shipping into your province, could you imagine the madness?

Anyways it is completely idiotic what the Atlantic is doing at this point, I can agree on that. It was convenient for them to stand on the high horse like they are the better province because they controlled covid. That's like being retired with a pension bragging about how easy it is to not get covid compared to a nurse who has to work in a covid unit. Ontario is the nurse in the covid unit, the epicentre transportation hub, just like NYC that is also central to connecting flights from around the world. While the Atlantic is the retired pensioners with no obligations and ability to enjoy the free ride. It's fine that they want to make their own bubble, but let's not pretend that this bubble is a rule that would work for every province. It would be at the Atlantics expense of Ontario made a bubble and would be very damaging. It's a very complex network with unique challenges everywhere across the country.

This is how I see how it works.

Julian.B
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Julian.B »

montado wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:57 am
Old fella wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:38 am The fact that here in Atlantic Canada our case count was much lower during the pandemic than other Provincial jurisdictions because of actions taken, that to me is a good definition of “ worked”.
The restrictions definitely played a roll in lower case counts but it's not the only factor. Peel is the hub of Canada for the transportation of people and goods. There are reasons why certain places have more cases besides restrictions.

The ability of the Atlantic to have some normalcy during the pandemic was dependent on Peel working through the pandemic. Its a spider web network and its hilarious if people want to blame certain areas for high cases counts like they are the problem. Peel had to take one for the team.

The picture is much bigger than "what the Atlantic did worked" because the Atlantic depends on Ontario, and Quebec and the rest of the country. So the only way the Atlantic is working is if the rest of the country is working to. The Atlantic just happens to have less to contribute to the country so its easy for them to say we are just going to isolate from the rest of you. If it was the other way around and Ontario cut off ties to the Atlantic, and all your China goods and food from the west of you stopped shipping into your province, could you imagine the madness?

Anyways it is completely idiotic what the Atlantic is doing at this point, I can agree on that. It was convenient for them to stand on the high horse like they are the better province because they controlled covid. That's like being retired with a pension bragging about how easy it is to not get covid compared to a nurse who has to work in a covid unit. Ontario is the nurse in the covid unit, the epicentre transportation hub, just like NYC that is also central to connecting flights from around the world. While the Atlantic is the retired pensioners with no obligations and ability to enjoy the free ride. It's fine that they want to make their own bubble, but let's not pretend that this bubble is a rule that would work for every province. It would be at the Atlantics expense of Ontario made a bubble and would be very damaging. It's a very complex network with unique challenges everywhere across the country.

This is how I see how it works.
Well said, man!

I'll add to this. One of the problems with the GTA is the unhinged and irresponsible behavior of the younger generation, compounded by population density. Young people didn't give a f*** about who died and who didn't. They kept on meeting, hiding, partying... like young adults / teens do.

Hell, I had a buddy's son tell me "If my grandparents die, I get to inherit their house" and I don't think he was 100% joking.

What's happening in Canada now is absurdity. We're being taken for fools. Idiots like myself, sit here typing away at a computer screen, instead of being in Ottawa with a sign in my hand making my voice and frustrations heard. I talk the talk, but somehow I don't seem to walk the walk.

ikarus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ikarus »

[/quote]

What's happening in Canada now is absurdity. We're being taken for fools. Idiots like myself, sit here typing away at a computer screen, instead of being in Ottawa with a sign in my hand making my voice and frustrations heard. I talk the talk, but somehow I don't seem to walk the walk.
[/quote]

This is so true unfortunately.

YC87DRVR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by YC87DRVR »

Recalls announced for September & October

Westjet & Swoop Group:
Westjet Airlines- 138
Swoop Airlines- 87

Encore Regional- 0

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

YC87DRVR wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:45 am Recalls announced for September & October

Westjet & Swoop Group:
Westjet Airlines- 138
Swoop Airlines- 87

Encore Regional- 0
Jazz is recalling pilots hired summer 2019 already. Encore is closer to early 2018 I believe.

termerair
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by termerair »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:45 pm
YC87DRVR wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:45 am Recalls announced for September & October

Westjet & Swoop Group:
Westjet Airlines- 138
Swoop Airlines- 87

Encore Regional- 0
Jazz is recalling pilots hired summer 2019 already. Encore is closer to early 2018 I believe.

Just in case you thought your situation was bad... Transat is recalling pilots hired in 1997! No, this in not a typo unfortunately...

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

termerair wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:33 pm

Westjet & Swoop Group:
Westjet Airlines- 138
Swoop Airlines- 87

Encore Regional- 0
Just in case you thought your situation was bad... Transat is recalling pilots hired in 1997! No, this in not a typo unfortunately...
And, I no longer feel so bad for myself.

YC87DRVR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by YC87DRVR »

Westjet & Swoop Group:
Westjet Airlines- 138
Swoop Airlines- 87

Encore Regional- 0
Wasn’t implying Encore is behind by saying 0 recalls. Really couldn’t care less about Encore recalls, only focused on Westjet.

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

Really couldn’t care less about Encore recalls, only focused on Westjet.
Wow!
Nice.... :roll:

You should care about all recalls. I could say I don't give two F's about Westjet recalls and only worry about Sunwing, but I do care about all. Cause what's good for one is good for everyone. Hell - we are all supposed to be brothers and sisters here.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”