What is going on with recalls in Canada?

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: What is going on with recalls in Canada?

Post by Inverted2 »

Old fella wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:26 am What some or indeed many fail to realize or choose to ignore is the power of the ass hole Provinces and their silly fucking Premiers during this pandemic times. One has to look no further that the current ongoing shit show here in Atlantic Canada, what a fucking disgrace.
I thought you were all in favour for the strict maritime travel restrictions. :?:
---------- ADS -----------

Let’s Go Brandon
Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Inverted2 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:31 pm
Old fella wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:26 am What some or indeed many fail to realize or choose to ignore is the power of the ass hole Provinces and their silly fucking Premiers during this pandemic times. One has to look no further that the current ongoing shit show here in Atlantic Canada, what a fucking disgrace.
I thought you were all in favour for the strict maritime travel restrictions. :?:
I certainly was but has reached the point of stupidity aka NB/NS

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

Newsflash....it was always stupid.

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

puckerpower wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:27 am
Inverted2 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:19 am
PostmasterGeneral wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:40 am

Very well said. I don't know what his deal is, maybe he gets off on pretending to be a dictator?
He’s not even pretending anymore. That’s the scary part.

I have had enough with this right wing political nonsense. I specifically asked for nothing overly political, it is not helpful to Canadian pilots. The level of anti Justin Trudeau rhetoric these day has reached Fox News heights, which is quite frankly very sad. If your going to criticize a Government at least do it properly with a balanced and insightful critique not just right wing buzz words. Terms like “gets off”, “dictator”, and “dear leader” have no place in a constructive debate. Really “dear leader”, are you trying to say that Canada is a communist dictatorship?

No one would argue that The Government of Canada’s response to supporting the aviation industry during the pandemic has been good, however, it has been very far from the worst. Both AC and WJ did not go bankrupt and that is really important. Both airlines will eventually rehire all their laid off pilots and everyone's seniority number will be intact. Things could have been a lot worse if there was a bankruptcy. Good luck finding another airline job if your 55 years old and just got laid off due to a bankruptcy. No one would hire you and you would be in a lot worse spot than the people who are currently laid off.

I was really hoping for an educated discussion on the topic of why airlines do not appear to be preparing for the flood of travel that will begin this fall. The border with the US will open and international borders will open as well, there is no chance that they it will not. The economies of the world are to interconnected now and can not survive in isolation. By all evidence Europe is very dependant on tourist, not to mention Mexico and the Caribbean. Tourism is a vital part of any economy in the 21st century. Airlines in Canada have the some of largest numbers of pilots still laid off, not mention all the other critical employees like flight attendants that experienced much deeper cuts. This means that if demand returns quickly, Airlines in Canada will struggle to offer the capacity necessary to compete with the US. The Americans which are Canada’s direct competitors have already set the benchmark and rehired all their pilots. Airlines in Canada must match them if we hope to grow the aviation industry in this country.
I simply want to say that you are a "LEFTWING BAT"...AND SHUT THE @#$!-UP! :idea:

Keep the dirty side down.
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

I just chucked my pandemic board game in the trash. The creators of that game know nothing about pandemics. It didn’t even have game play options like closing golf courses to stop the spread. How the @#$! are you supposed to win the game if you can’t implement these effective policies? Essential vs non essential business... that’s huge.. now that we actually know how to pandemic someone needs to improve the board game into how a pandemic is really managed. Face diapers, fear mongering, etc... you should draw a card for these policies and watch how amazingly the disease is eradicated. Close the ski hill, you just saved 485 million Canadian lives! Wait what? That’s right everyone would have died multiple times, that’s how we know it works.

Slogan on the cover could be “we are in this together” could be a real classic!

ikarus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ikarus »

News flash guys, rest of the world is opening up, except UK... And no one is dying in numbers like last fall/winter.

Wonder if political clowns in UK are sending the same memos to Canadian clowns on how to keep extending the non existing pandemic.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

'97 Tercel wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:33 pm Newsflash....it was always stupid.
Well it worked and that is all the vast majority here cared about. However this past couple of weeks has been a gong show with NS and remainder of Atlantic Provinces.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Old fella wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:15 am
Well it worked and that is all the vast majority here cared about. However this past couple of weeks has been a gong show with NS and remainder of Atlantic Provinces.
For the most part, the maritimes turned themselves in to the ‘Australia’ of Canada.

Looks like they want to remain that way.

newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

Inverted2 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:04 pm
sullecpt wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:47 pm
You right wing folks are all the same, you love the idea that you are being persecuted.
Pretty arrogant to suggest someone is right wing because they simply view things differently then you. Its like you actually think you're better then someone else without knowing a thing about them. Even if they were right leaning voters, who are you to look down on them?? I'm a green party voter, and I support everything these so called ""right wingers" are saying in this convo. So what? I am not woke enough for you too? People need to have different ideas and conversations, and the best ideas always win in the end.

Canada is most definitely on the verge of communism with the way things are being run IMO. I dont understand how people can't see it. Maybe going to visit a communist country, or reading some history books will help connect the dots.
That’s how the left operates. Disagree with their views and they throw tantrums and accuse you of being racist, right wing trump supporter etc.
I'm sure saying things like dear leader, result in productive discussion as well?

newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

rudder wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:34 pm The problem with Trudope (and others) is the fear of the return to normal.

Just look at the US. Under-vaccinated but (mostly) back to normal. Hospitalizations low. Daily death count low.

The politicians and health agencies have become accustomed to being the masters of our daily routines. That must end.
The US had a lot of the vulnerable people DIE so the at risk group here is larger, I think it was 4x higher than Canada per captia, plus the case counts were high enough that a huge percentage of people who wouldn't be vaccinated had natural immunityfrom getting sick.

I'm unhappy with how slow things are going but we've announced an end to the quarantine for non essential travel and all provinces will be opening up in a few weeks.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Depends on your definition of “worked”

One could say mask work because when I spit it went into the mask and since my spit may have covid in it, it “worked”

Another might say masks don’t work, because in their mind for masks to be proven effective that policy being implemented would prevent the closure of business. If masks “work” why the hell did any small businesses have to close if you could wear masks and they “work”.

So I find it interesting how people define “works”

Personally I don’t give a shit if my masks “works” at collecting a drop of spit. What was important to me was to see that when a policy is implemented you had measurable data that it was effective at stopping deaths and stopping the spread of the virus. So now take a look at all the policies, and cases and deaths and try to draw some conclusions. The data is a scramble of a “shoulder shrug” for most of the policy implemented. You could say “maybe it helped a bit”.

So how did lockdowns work? Did they save lives? Did you account for the collateral damage? Did locking down prolong the inevitable? Did locking down give the virus more time to linger and mutate? Can we ever conclusively say lockdowns were better than doing nothing at all? Maybe letting covid spread faster would have prevented variants and herd immunity would have prevailed to eradicate covid. These are all things someone smarter than me can write a thesis on, as I have no idea.

I have to many questions I would need answered before I would decide on my answer to whether lockdowns “worked”. We have lots of examples that could likely conclude many policies are much less effective that people think. Maskless Texas since March is an example of how mask policy is maybe a joke. Sweden is an example of how we may be wrong about locking down. So what “works” needs to be defined, and often this can be driven by our values, which is up to each individual to define for themselves, making most of this just opinions and not facts. So I respect your opinion that some of these policies “work” but I disagree because my values and definition are likely different than yours.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

newlygrounded wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:30 am
rudder wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:34 pm The problem with Trudope (and others) is the fear of the return to normal.

Just look at the US. Under-vaccinated but (mostly) back to normal. Hospitalizations low. Daily death count low.

The politicians and health agencies have become accustomed to being the masters of our daily routines. That must end.
The US had a lot of the vulnerable people DIE so the at risk group here is larger, I think it was 4x higher than Canada per captia, plus the case counts were high enough that a huge percentage of people who wouldn't be vaccinated had natural immunityfrom getting sick.

I'm unhappy with how slow things are going but we've announced an end to the quarantine for non essential travel and all provinces will be opening up in a few weeks.
Canada COVID deaths 26000. US COVID deaths 600000. US has 10x the population so looks more like 2x death rate per capita.

Regardless, the government set the numbers at 75%/20% for the (gradual) return to normal. Let’s see the process start.

I have zero sympathy if there is anyone that was eligible for vaccination and passed on it. The risk now belongs to them, not me. And that is where the US has gone.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

rudder wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:21 am
For the most part, the maritimes turned themselves in to the ‘Australia’ of Canada.

Nb hit their goal and opened up no quarantine to any canadian with at least one dose. Its NS trying to hold everyone back now saying NB is being too rash and they care more about their citizens than NB must. Guess which one is Liberal run?

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

C-GGGQ wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:56 am

Nb hit their goal and opened up no quarantine to any canadian with at least one dose. Its NS trying to hold everyone back now saying NB is being too rash and they care more about their citizens than NB must. Guess which one is Liberal run?
How are they going to enforce all this nonsense? Have gulag style checkpoints at every road checking papers? It has a lot of resemblance to Eastern Europe post ww2.

Let’s Go Brandon
C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Inverted2 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:11 am
C-GGGQ wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:56 am

How are they going to enforce all this nonsense? Have gulag style checkpoints at every road checking papers? It has a lot of resemblance to Eastern Europe post ww2.
So opening up is now bad? Why because you need a record of your vaccine? Just like if you were to travel to a different continent and get all your recommended shots?

ikarus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ikarus »

So for those not wanting the experimental MRNA vax, do we send them to a remote island up north, like Soviets did after ww2????

When does this end, how many cases do we need to say it over or do we keep locking people up for years????

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

They aren’t experimental. They had more participants in the trials than most other vaccines. But if you’d feel safer in a siberian gulag i’ll buy your ticket

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

Well, if you folks think the current government is bad news for airlines, wait till you get a sniff of what the opposition is considering.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/john-i ... ave-choice

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

montado wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:35 am
Depends on your definition of “worked”

One could say mask work because when I spit it went into the mask and since my spit may have covid in it, it “worked”

Another might say masks don’t work, because in their mind for masks to be proven effective that policy being implemented would prevent the closure of business. If masks “work” why the hell did any small businesses have to close if you could wear masks and they “work”.

So I find it interesting how people define “works”

Personally I don’t give a shit if my masks “works” at collecting a drop of spit. What was important to me was to see that when a policy is implemented you had measurable data that it was effective at stopping deaths and stopping the spread of the virus. So now take a look at all the policies, and cases and deaths and try to draw some conclusions. The data is a scramble of a “shoulder shrug” for most of the policy implemented. You could say “maybe it helped a bit”.

So how did lockdowns work? Did they save lives? Did you account for the collateral damage? Did locking down prolong the inevitable? Did locking down give the virus more time to linger and mutate? Can we ever conclusively say lockdowns were better than doing nothing at all? Maybe letting covid spread faster would have prevented variants and herd immunity would have prevailed to eradicate covid. These are all things someone smarter than me can write a thesis on, as I have no idea.

I have to many questions I would need answered before I would decide on my answer to whether lockdowns “worked”. We have lots of examples that could likely conclude many policies are much less effective that people think. Maskless Texas since March is an example of how mask policy is maybe a joke. Sweden is an example of how we may be wrong about locking down. So what “works” needs to be defined, and often this can be driven by our values, which is up to each individual to define for themselves, making most of this just opinions and not facts. So I respect your opinion that some of these policies “work” but I disagree because my values and definition are likely different than yours.
The fact that here in Atlantic Canada our case count was much lower during the pandemic than other Provincial jurisdictions because of actions taken, that to me is a good definition of “ worked”. However that was then and this is now, it is time to get things back to normality, I understand that Saskatchewan plans to do that mid July, ditto for Alberta. Good on them, Trudeau needs a tap in the nuts and get the Canadian US border operational for travel purposes and the silly Provincial Premiers need to stop acting like they are Prime Ministers of separate countries.

Case in point:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-sco ... -1.6074984

palebird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by palebird »

Good to see people calling these fools out. Always thought that some people on here have some sort of education and possess some critical thinking skills. This is how one survives this dog eat dog industry/world. Fascinating to realise that there is virtually no real hard data being analyzed or presented for the public. Whenever someone tries to present actual data they are immediately shut down/attacked/humiliated. Isn't the world a lovely place? Numbers do not lie. Yes they can be manipulated and they are. If the raw data was put into the public domain there would be a full scale uprising. The powers that be cannot do it for they would be strung up. Oh oh. I am in trouble now. The left wing loonies are going to attack. How did the loonies wind up in control of the world? Because we let them. Thought they were harmless. Wokeness, whoseeverlifematters, systemic racism, on and on and on. Cry if you want, the world is and will continue to be a hard place snowflakes. It is simply human nature. And so we roll into the green new deal. Look at the western USA today. Literally catastrophic. Rolling blackouts, extreme water shortage, etc..In June. Look it up. It is happening. Can't say they were not warned. Look at Texas and their energy issues. How is that green new deal working out? Windmills, solar, not going to save you sorry. Electric vehicles. Nope not going to save anybody. Alternate energy sources yes they will come in time. Buuut the world is not ending like AOC says it is. Some old hippy in YVR tried to tell me they said the same thing about horses and hay when the internal combustion engine came into being. Apples and oranges buddy. Try using your brain. If you don't know how move aside, have another puff and let someone else who can use their brain deal with it. Speaking of Vancouver anybody been downtown recently? Hasting and Main has grown unbelievably. No masks down there .And they are a little vulnerable. Granville Street is a dump. They want to toll all the bridges (there are quite a few) and do an inner city toll (kind of like London) because they are broke. They already have a special surcharge on fossil fuels and the list goes on and on. Welcome to socialist hell.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”