Hello Flair Pilots.

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

whipline
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by whipline »

Actually nature boy, the lease cost of the DC-10 was killing ACE. They were making payments on an aircraft that was not flying. The DC-10 was not flying because there training program was not approved by transport, and rightfully so.

What ACE should have done was convert the DC-10 to a KC-10 and refuel their airplanes in the air. Then their crews could have flown longer then the 17 hr days they were normally doing.
---------- ADS -----------

WING IT
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by WING IT »

PILOTS ARE WHINNY PEOPLE!

THE OWNERS OF ACE SAID TO THE ACE EMPLOYEES ON THE LAST DAY OF BUSINESS THAT THE PILOT UNION KILLED THE COMPANY.

IS THAT WHAT THE FLAIR PILOTS WANT???

tailgunner
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tailgunner »

When is the current Purolator contract up for renewal ?
Can Flair bid on this contract ?
If so, then I think the fears are quite justified....

asdfasd
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by asdfasd »

. .

Last edited by asdfasd on Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

What killed ACE:

1) DC-10 training was not approved by transport AFTER several pilots had already went through it. By pulling the plug it grounded the plane which sat in the desert AFTER all the mods had been completed. Air Canada (the prime customer) than went with Global instead of ACE for the Europe flying which ended the only real client ACE had for the DC-10.

2) No other Canadian company has been able to do the Cuba contract for one simple reason. The Cubans don't pay well and no company has wanted to do the contract at the offered price. Flair may be doing Havana to Toronto but thats it.

There's probably a lot more reasons but these are the ones that I was aware of. As well, the pilots may have unionized BUT no changes to working conditions were ever implemented. The company went under oweing $10 million dollars. If you are gonna tell us that the debt was racked up in 6 months WITHOUT the pilots ever having a change in pay or working conditions your nuts.

I found this interesting link which gives a little backgrounder on ACE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AllCanada_Express

Eh Pilit
Rank 1
Rank 1

flair

Post by Eh Pilit »

done

Last edited by Eh Pilit on Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

If you're all knowing, please than, start a new thread and inform us all about what really happened.

Eh Pilit
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Eh Pilit »

:shock: Teacher, Relax !!! You didnt offend me or anything, nor did I want to critize/offend you. I was just adding that we're all just wrenches and pilots and we (that includes myself) can talk and talk all the theories but this is all for nothing. This is all old stuff, finito, gone but it keeps coming back like a boomerang. Laststandingpilot's is stiring some $H1*% and we're falling for it. Unions this, Unions that, zzz.zzz..zzz let's talk about flying, hot babes or even aspargus, but let's just let it go, let them say whatever they think about Ace, Flair and stupid unions. Your posting is interesting and it's fine with me. I was just adding comments, that's all. Read my posting again, you missed the point: I am not all knowing, we all dont know squat - you, me and even Sir laststandingpilot. Relax! :D

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

I guess I should have put a happy face next to my post :wink: I'm relaxed, just still curious as to what you apparently know that the rest of the pilot group didn't.

Eh Pilit
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Eh Pilit »

Absolutely NOTHING ! ! ! (tha's what I'm trying to say!)

richardhead
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by richardhead »

whipline wrote:Actually nature boy, the lease cost of the DC-10 was killing ACE. They were making payments on an aircraft that was not flying. The DC-10 was not flying because there training program was not approved by transport, and rightfully so.

What ACE should have done was convert the DC-10 to a KC-10 and refuel their airplanes in the air. Then their crews could have flown longer then the 17 hr days they were normally doing.
It never ceases to amaze me how often it is that the people who have no idea what they are talking about always have the most to say.

richardhead
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by richardhead »

teacher wrote:What killed ACE:

1) DC-10 training was not approved by transport AFTER several pilots had already went through it. By pulling the plug it grounded the plane which sat in the desert AFTER all the mods had been completed. Air Canada (the prime customer) than went with Global instead of ACE for the Europe flying which ended the only real client ACE had for the DC-10.

2) No other Canadian company has been able to do the Cuba contract for one simple reason. The Cubans don't pay well and no company has wanted to do the contract at the offered price. Flair may be doing Havana to Toronto but thats it.

There's probably a lot more reasons but these are the ones that I was aware of. As well, the pilots may have unionized BUT no changes to working conditions were ever implemented. The company went under oweing $10 million dollars. If you are gonna tell us that the debt was racked up in 6 months WITHOUT the pilots ever having a change in pay or working conditions your nuts.

Actually not true.
I found this interesting link which gives a little backgrounder on ACE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AllCanada_Express

whipline
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by whipline »

Feel free to explain yourself richardred. The DC-10 was rumoured to be costing ACE 240,000 US per month and not flying. The FCTM/SOP's were in a duo-tang. The sim profiles were written down on a napkin. Another bad company that went bankrupt, and as a profession we are all better for it, goodbye!!

richardhead
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by richardhead »

whipline wrote:Feel free to explain yourself richardred. The DC-10 was rumoured to be costing ACE 240,000 US per month and not flying. The FCTM/SOP's were in a duo-tang. The sim profiles were written down on a napkin. Another bad company that went bankrupt, and as a profession we are all better for it, goodbye!!
Rumoured to be costing. What was it costing? Do you know? Written on a napkin. Must have been a nice napkin because I heard Trasport got thier rating on it. And as far as bad companies go, probably not the best company in the world but hey which one is?

WING IT
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by WING IT »

The lease was never signed.

Last edited by WING IT on Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WING IT
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by WING IT »

March 14 2005 was when the DC-10-30F was given a type certificate in Canada. All paid for and the information provided by ACE.

So they could get an aircraft approved but not a sim course, that sounds a little fishy to me.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/aviation/applicatio ... num=050033

MyWave
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MyWave »

Eh Pilit wrote::Laststandingpilot's is stiring some $H1*% and we're falling for it. Unions this, Unions that, zzz.zzz..zzz let's talk about flying, hot babes or even aspargus, but let's just let it go, let them say whatever they think about Ace, Flair and stupid unions......I am not all knowing, we all dont know squat - you, me and even Sir laststandingpilot. Relax! :D

Well put!

arewethereyet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by arewethereyet »

ace was an awesome place to work period.. that is until the union ruined it, divided the pilots,limited contracts,and the union duefess became a communist leader costing many pilot there jobs and many many dollars.

as for the dc 10.. transport canada participated in the inital training of the first group of pilots and all obtained valid PPC's. there was no way the owner of ACE was bringing the tens to canada for the caw to ruin.

dont forget there were other options rather than the caw. when the owner said.... if you go with the caw im shutting the doors...mmm i wonder what that meant?

wonder where we would all be if that had not of happened?

arewethereyet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by arewethereyet »

P.S... guess we will wait and see how round 2 plays out!

DA900
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by DA900 »

Not to highjack this thread, but does anyone know why Flair's "leaving on a jet plane" has been sitting in Edmonton for the last two weeks, or if it has even flown anywhere? I have not seen it move even to just keep the tires from getting flat. Just wondering....

Rectum, damn near killed 'em

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”