Harmony?

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

twinpratts
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Harmony?

Post by twinpratts »

Any truth to the rumor that Harmony is on it's way out?
---------- ADS -----------

I want to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers...
2low
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by 2low »

You can't mention the demise of Harmony unless you work for Westjet. :wink:

RB211
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Harmony?

Post by RB211 »

twinpratts wrote:Any truth to the rumor that Harmony is on it's way out?
No

tincanflyer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tincanflyer »

here we go AGAIN....use the search function!

427wedge
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 427wedge »

2low wrote:You can't mention the demise of Harmony unless you work for Westjet. :wink:
There would be a negligible effect on anyone in Canada if Harmony went titters. Sorry

Jeremy Kent
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jeremy Kent »

How many pilots at Harmony, roughly?

YVRflyer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by YVRflyer »

grammar boy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by grammar boy »

427wedge wrote: There would be a negligible effect on anyone in Canada if Harmony went titters. Sorry
Except the, I dunno, couple hundred or so people that work there, including some buds of mine...

"Listen brain, I don't like you and you don't like me, so let's just get through this one thing and I can go back to killing you with beer"
asdfasd
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by asdfasd »

We lost some of our best people to Harmony, and from what I hear its a very good place to work. In any event, I'm pretty positive all the negative rumors on here are just that, rumors. I'll wager harmony only gets stronger. They have good management and good people working for them.

CanadaEH
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CanadaEH »

The rumors are coming out of the fact that Harmony is getting rid of one of its leased 57's (which is ex-TS C-GTSN and will be going to Zoom Apr. 1). One aircraft = 25% of your capacity, and while getting rid of one aircraft doesn't seem like much, these next two months are going to be very interesting to see what Harmony does. The bilateral agreement between China and Canada allowed Harmony to apply for up to 7 flights per week starting summer of 07 but I haven't heard of them doing so and they obviously don't have the aircraft capable of flying there, yet. With 400 employees and a ratio of 100:1 for employees to aircraft, any drop in aircraft drives up the cost of flying which utimately eats into profits (or deepends losses). I hope things work out for Harmony but after mutiple attempts at various markets you have to wonder what's next?

short bus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by short bus »

53 pilots? that would give you around 7 crews per airplane. That doesn't seem right.

YVRflyer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by YVRflyer »

53 pilots include all management pilots. Short bus, believe me thats the right number, I work there. Average monthly block is 75-80 hours per pilot.

Harmony applied for the China city pairings for years, but approval has been denied by the Canadian Government. The government wants for Harmony to buy the airplanes first and then might give approval. Harmony wants to get approval first and knowing the city pairings awarded to decide what aircraft type to get, depending on the range of the aircraft. It is an ongoing process and still working on it .........

GTSN might show up at Zoom on 1. April, I heard otherwise and Harmony has way less than 400 employees, however the infrastructure in place is for more than 4 airplanes and as CanadaEh rightly mentioned makes no sense if Harmony maintains or reduces the present fleet size.

Well , if everyone here on this board is so well informed by rumours about Harmony closing doors, it shouldn't be a secret what happens next in terms of fleet expansion, route structure and deals getting signed at the present time.

Stick-Shaker
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Stick-Shaker »

427wedge wrote:
2low wrote:You can't mention the demise of Harmony unless you work for Westjet. :wink:
There would be a negligible effect on anyone in Canada if Harmony went titters. Sorry
Anytime pilots lose their jobs it is unfortunate. It only accelerates the downward spiral and demise of our once strong salaries, benefits and professional standing. So to say that it won't affect anyone is pure crap. It happens, but don't dismiss it like nobody cares.

Realitychex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Realitychex »

Stick-Shaker wrote:
427wedge wrote:
Anytime pilots lose their jobs it is unfortunate. It only accelerates the downward spiral and demise of our once strong salaries, benefits and professional standing. So to say that it won't affect anyone is pure crap. It happens, but don't dismiss it like nobody cares.
Dr. Ho and his Ho's

http://www.canada.com/globaltv/bc/index.html#

The Global TV News story from March 1 2007.

slowstream
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by slowstream »

Yeah more bullshit news (but what do you expect from Global), these people are down there with lawyers.

Don't you find it funny how literally thousands of people are pulled over every night for things like this and none ever make the news until its someone with money.

Bottom line, it has nothing to do with the airline, the quality of the airline or its people! Trying to link the two puts people down there with the reporters & lawyers.

And "NO" I don't work for them. Just my two cents.

tonysoprano
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by tonysoprano »

Good point.

YVR Dude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by YVR Dude »

Another point to mention as well is the Global news people mention in the story with a lot of "was heard to contact" and "suspicious material" but no concrete proof of any substance, and/or trying to contact the chief of police...just conjecture in order to sell a story...sensationalism by the media... :?

Unbelievable :roll:

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”