Enerjet

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

jinky
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Enerjet

Post by jinky »

tincanflyer wrote:Every time I pass the office on Aviation Park everyones outside smoking; I guess theres nothing else to do with no flying.
Your kidding?
---------- ADS -----------

Herc_Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Herc_Driver »

bigskyjoc wrote: Hotwings are you kidding me? ------ "Um honey, looks like I gotta go in the desert for a month or two, I know, I know its not what we were planning but look after the kids the best you can, don't get stressed at work and if the dog is still stick then we are gonna have to put him down. I will try to keep in touch via webcam or something..."

Yup sounds like a great adventure to me Hotwings !

:shock:
Sounds like life in the Air Force in the "Air Mobility" world.
No life like it!!!

LOL ......... :)

Hhhmmm, is this thing on?
palebird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by palebird »

Re: Hopefully they'll be well positioned with their own niche market as the economy continues to improve. The point I was trying to make above is they continue to be led by a team who have proven records in the Canadian Airline industry.

Economy continues to improve??? What are you drinking.. lol.. a team with proven records in Canadian Airline industry??..ha ha.. you are one funny guy.. what kind of proven records?? There are not many in Canada who have something to be proud of, most are jokers and rip off artists..they will be gone before 2010 is over.. wait for it..

pika
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by pika »

Last edited by pika on Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can interpret that however you would like.
YYCcrew
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by YYCcrew »

Oh dear, I sure hope that this is not true...

Stoptheworld
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Stoptheworld »

Somebody forgot to let the staff know! I spoke to one minutes ago and they have heard nothing.

Stop the World - I Wanna Get Off
WetJet
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by WetJet »

Stoptheworld wrote:Somebody forgot to let the staff know! I spoke to one minutes ago and they have heard nothing.
Staff will always be the last to hear.

Good luck to all, true or not.

Stoptheworld
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Stoptheworld »

Staff will always be the last to hear
Sad, but unfortunately all too true.

Trainer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Trainer »

I hope the negative speculation about EnerJet is inaccurate, however, for what its worth, CanJet is interviewing in February for a significant spring hire. Montreal and Toronto I heard so far, don't know about the west yet.

Good luck to all you folks and take care.

T

jinky
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jinky »

how true is this or are they rumors only...about enerjet....i'm still trying to confirm it with a pretty good source...

hotwings56
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by hotwings56 »

jinky wrote:how true is this or are they rumors only...about enerjet....i'm still trying to confirm it with a pretty good source...

Rumors only, just talked to a friend (pilot there) They have flying all through Feb and March, noone has said anything about a shutdown.

gulfan
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by gulfan »

Looks like enerjet lost a bid with Imperial Oil for transportation. Canadian North got the contract.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... le1447000/

Say Altitude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Say Altitude »

Boo friggin hoo! Cry me a river - you don't get the contract so you go and moan and drip about it in the media?? Way to take the high road Darcy...

Well this has to be close to the end then. Imperial signs 5 years with Canadian North and CNRL resigns with them for another stretch. As I understand it, there is virtually no flying with Suncor and in fact Canadian North is doing a bunch of the Suncor flying too. On top of it, Transat has consolidated their leisure traffic with CanJet and nothing is going to Enerjet. Again all speculation and rumour - subject to verification of course.

It's just a matter of time and math now....

jinky
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jinky »

Flying in Feb and march i wonder if its like Dec I think they had only a few flights...dont see how that makes the money.

The one thing I don't understand is the hiring...why do you need 75 staff or more? Isn't this a waste of money? wouldn't you do like most businesses and only hire when you need to...i.e are growing? I never understood this about them...maybe someone can enlighten me why you need 20 different managers when you are not busy.

Stoptheworld
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Stoptheworld »

They have flying all through Feb and March,
For who?

They will have to do a lot to cover fixed costs!

ziggy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ziggy »

While Enerjet respects [project developer] Imperial Oil's decision to transport their fly-in work force in aging aircraft, we believe they have overlooked the environmental impact of doing so," said Darcy Morgan, Enerjet's vice-president of business integration.

I have to agree with EnerJet on this one. They are probably the most environmentally friendly airline there is, just sitting there on the ramp all day, burning a bit of APU fuel.

jinky
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jinky »

anyone notice...looks like BL stepped down...from his VP Marketing Position....interesting not sure when this happened but that's quite alarming.

http://www.enerjet.ca/executiveteam.html

Stoptheworld
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Stoptheworld »

Interesting...

Bill was on the Board of Directors as well and now he is just listed as a consultant with no mention of board membership.

I think it did happen just recently because as of last week, he was still listed as director on Alberta Corporate Registries

TopSky
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by TopSky »

ziggy wrote:While Enerjet respects [project developer] Imperial Oil's decision to transport their fly-in work force in aging aircraft, we believe they have overlooked the environmental impact of doing so," said Darcy Morgan, Enerjet's vice-president of business integration.

I have to agree with EnerJet on this one. They are probably the most environmentally friendly airline there is, just sitting there on the ramp all day, burning a bit of APU fuel.

Enerjet loses contract - not financially stable

Yes Enerjet has the best aircraft for the Imperial Oil contract and should have got this contract . However, you can't give a five year contract to a company that may not be around in a few months. The terms of the contract would require a detailed background check into Enerjet's business affairs. Even with their monthly operating losses, they might have got the contract if they could have posted a performance bond. Unfortunately, if the money behind Enerjet is ready to fold - no contract.

Looks like just a matter of time now before Enerjet folds, unless a new contract comes their way. As expected, Tim & his brother will be pumping out the BS to the bitter end. Good comment from the previous postings, just like Wardair, the staff are always the last to know.

Too bad for Enerjet and all their employees.

Stoptheworld
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Stoptheworld »

Enerjet has the best aircraft for the Imperial Oil contract and should have got this contract . However, you can't give a five year contract to a company that may not be around in a few months. The terms of the contract would require a detailed background check into Enerjet's business affairs.
Well, if this aint the classic catch 22, I don't know what is! They need the contract to survive, but they have been bleeding cash for months now and don't have the balance sheet to satisfy Esso. Thus, potentially hastening their demise.

I have been told they do have flying in Feb and March. Still don't know who for and they better have a lot of it. There has to be a lot of ground to make up!

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”