Enerjet

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

ourkid2000
Rank 5
Rank 5

Enerjet

Post by ourkid2000 »

I'm annoyed by their advertising for people to come work for them........"your career is looking up".

Do they really expect us to buy into that? I think we've all been around the block long enough to see the crap here. They might as well just be honest and say "we're gonna try........you wanna try and help us? You may have a job next year, but maybe not, we'll see......hopefully!"
---------- ADS -----------

arewethereyet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Enerjet

Post by arewethereyet »

and dont forget! your career is not looking up if you dont have an NG rating!

FL020
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL020 »

and dont forget, it'll only look up once you SECURE contracts with SOMEONE.......(valuable ressources there)

gulfan
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by gulfan »

FL020 wrote:and dont forget, it'll only look up once you SECURE contracts with SOMEONE.......(valuable ressources there)
They have already signed a contract.

KAFUFO
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by KAFUFO »

so teach them a lesson. Don't apply, I'm sure the company will miss your none NG experiance by flying around with Co-Captians with thousands of hours of experiance on type and not having to worry about forking out for extra training cause they have guy's that have already done the same sim ride 20+ times.

twinpratts
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twinpratts »

"and dont forget! your career is not looking up if you dont have an NG rating!"
LMAO!

I want to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers...
Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

I know a guy who got hired by them without an NG type rating.

Four1oh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Four1oh »

where are they doing their training?

Drinking outside the box.
Airbrake
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Airbrake »

Four1oh wrote:where are they doing their training?
Westjet

Four1oh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Four1oh »

I highly doubt it.

Drinking outside the box.
drop.dead.fred
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by drop.dead.fred »

I hope Canjet's training bond is tight. I hear they just hired a few western boys who think they can still live out west while flying for them. As far as I know, they only have a base in YHZ with domiciles in YUL and YYZ. I think Canjet is Enerjet's new training department.

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

Enerjet might not like this news:
Suncor reports rare loss, halts oil sands expansion
http://www.globeinvestor.com/servlet/st ... R/GIStory/
The company is suspending construction on its Firebag 3 oil sands project and Voyageur upgrader, placing both in a “safe mode” as the reality of low oil prices sinks in.
http://www.globeinvestor.com/servlet/st ... 0/GIStory/

Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Troubleshot »

FICU wrote:Enerjet might not like this news:
Suncor reports rare loss, halts oil sands expansion
http://www.globeinvestor.com/servlet/st ... R/GIStory/
The company is suspending construction on its Firebag 3 oil sands project and Voyageur upgrader, placing both in a “safe mode” as the reality of low oil prices sinks in.
http://www.globeinvestor.com/servlet/st ... 0/GIStory/

They are not laying off so at this stage nothing changes.

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

Read carefully...
Suncor will not lay off any of its employees, although Mr. George acknowledged the company's dramatic lowering of its capital spending plans will have a “major impact” on its contractors.
The contractors are the ones coming from the east coast.

This is exactly the same situation Canadian North is facing with CNRL... a large reduction in flying... the contractors from the east coast.

Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Troubleshot »

FICU wrote:Read carefully...
Suncor will not lay off any of its employees, although Mr. George acknowledged the company's dramatic lowering of its capital spending plans will have a “major impact” on its contractors.
The contractors are the ones coming from the east coast.

This is exactly the same situation Canadian North is facing with CNRL... a large reduction in flying... the contractors from the east coast.
I did read carefully...the workers that Suncor are running are full-time employees of Suncor. The contractors in question are companies that are apart of the construction support to actually construct new sites. The work force is not shrinking it is just not growing.

B-rad
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by B-rad »

Fair enough but how far does the ripple effect go.. contract companies not working is the same thing. less people flying and reduction in jobs. But good for Suncor to not have to shrink the workforce.. but it is shrinking somewhere...........

My ambition is to live forever - so far, so good!
FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

Hmmm... prior to Xmas I flew some workers out of Firebag to Thunder Bay and Halifax and they were employees of contractors to Suncor.
Troubleshot wrote: I did read carefully...the workers that Suncor are running are full-time employees of Suncor. The contractors in question are companies that are apart of the construction support to actually construct new sites. The work force is not shrinking it is just not growing.

B-rad
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by B-rad »

Whats your point? Are you surprised that people go home for the holidays or wait... I get it, your trying to say contractors are still flying.. Well good for them. And us. Now, did you happen to fly them back to Alberta after the new year?

My ambition is to live forever - so far, so good!
Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Troubleshot »

I don't doubt you, just saying that from what I know all of EnerJet flights have been for Suncor employees only. No doubt things are going to change in Fort Mac. if anyone is going to feel the adverse effects of the down turn it will be the oil companies....and if you ask me it's about time big oil got a fuckin kick in the nads!

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

B-rad wrote:Whats your point? Are you surprised that people go home for the holidays or wait... I get it, your trying to say contractors are still flying.. Well good for them. And us. Now, did you happen to fly them back to Alberta after the new year?
My point was to say that the bulk of the east coast workforce being flown into Firebag and other camps like Horizon are not company employees. They are employees of contractors. Most company employees for these oil outfits are in YMM, YEG, or YYC.

Who's "us"?

I was off so I have no idea how or if they got back to Firebag.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”