Rank 1

CANJET DOING GREAT!

Post by Trainer »

Maestro,

Re your question:

"Is CJ losing flying
I've heard from a few sources that this is happening."

Your sources are incorrect.

CanJet is a well oiled machine and is meeting its perfromance targets. As far as we know, CanJet IS NOT losing any flying. Rumors to the contrary are without any merit and IMO are being tossed out there by pot stirrers. Product integrity is being well maintained and OTP are within the targets established.

The December hickup growing from 5 to 14 airplanes has been previously addressed "ad naseum" in this forum so no need to go over that ground. Those logistical issues were quickly dealt with and resolved.

CanJet is currently interviewing for a number of positions for a spring hire.

T
---------- ADS -----------

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: CANJET DOING GREAT!

Post by Donald »

Trainer wrote:CanJet is currently interviewing for a number of positions for a spring hire.

T
Is German fluency a requirement?

NG rating?

Capt's still start at $85K?

CJ6
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CJ6 »

1. no
2. no
3. yes...for now...

Kitababy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Kitababy »

Do they do biz in Edmonton? Will they be hiring for CSA & FA positions Does anyone know?

ajet32
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by ajet32 »

FA's based in YYZ, YUL and YHZ. All hiring for YYZ and YUL. CSA work in YEG is I think handled by contractors.

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

Donald wrote:
Trainer wrote:CanJet is currently interviewing for a number of positions for a spring hire.

T
Is German fluency a requirement?

NG rating?

Capt's still start at $85K?
:lol:

Tibor
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tibor »

85 K for a Captain on an airliner.....

Thanks guys for bringing the pay curve way down.

Wha happened
CJ6
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CJ6 »

you're welcome...

I don't know what I was thinking...85k, and upset idiots like you, or not be able to provide for my wife and 2 kids, just to try and prove a point to canjet...hmmm

how about you think before you write...

invertedattitude
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by invertedattitude »

150K/ year to live in Toronto or Montreal,

Or 85K to live in the Maritimes... I'd choose the latter any day.

Those of you not from here just don't understand, down here 85K/year is a lot of money.

BLZD1
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BLZD1 »

Invertedattitude they are hiring for YUL and YYZ not YHZ.

True North
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by True North »

invertedattitude wrote:
Those of you not from here just don't understand, down here 85K/year is a lot of money.
Bullshit.

But a good attempt at rationalization.

CJ6
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CJ6 »

guess what is comes down to is that we're just happy to have a job. we're not stupid, we know its below industry standards...and we want more, but they know we'd do it to stay in yhz. but from my comment above the "85 k FOR NOW" with canjet expanding outside of the maritimes, hopefully they'll bump the pay...like BLZD1 stated they are hiring for yyz and yul. so the "they'll do anything to stay in the maritimes" mind frame dosen't really apply anymore. i just don't get why so many people care about what we get paid...its our job, and if you don't like the pay don't come here....I don't like listening to you wine on here...and I'd hate it even more to have you sitting beside me wining. Why not bitch about how AC pays their pilots so much, and such a bad business plan, or even one at all, they keep driving themselves into bankrupcty, and there is nothing left in the pension fund cause the company went and spent it all...talk about that for a bit...

CJ6
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CJ6 »

and so you all don't get the wrong idea and go off...I'm not a hater towards AC...I'm just making a point that you could sit down and pick apart any company...just some people like to point out specific ones at specific companies that they don't even work for...childish

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

CJ6 wrote:guess what is comes down to is that we're just happy to have a job. we're not stupid, we know its below industry standards...and we want more, but they know we'd do it to stay in yhz. but from my comment above the "85 k FOR NOW" with canjet expanding outside of the maritimes, hopefully they'll bump the pay...like BLZD1 stated they are hiring for yyz and yul. so the "they'll do anything to stay in the maritimes" mind frame dosen't really apply anymore. i just don't get why so many people care about what we get paid...its our job, and if you don't like the pay don't come here....I don't like listening to you wine on here...and I'd hate it even more to have you sitting beside me wining. Why not bitch about how AC pays their pilots so much, and such a bad business plan, or even one at all, they keep driving themselves into bankrupcty, and there is nothing left in the pension fund cause the company went and spent it all...talk about that for a bit...
I saw this attitude at every step of aviation. Guys that think it is ok to do the job for a couple of bucks less than the next guy because hopefully they will be compensated properly somewhere down the line. Wake up. It never happens. There is an endless line up of guys with this attitude who will low ball the last remuneration. It is precisely this situation where a college of professional pilots would help maintain a standard.
invertedattitude wrote:150K/ year to live in Toronto or Montreal,

It doesn't matter where you live. The responsibility of a skipper on a 737 is way more valuable than $85k a year.

mattedfred
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by mattedfred »

the college will not be responsible for setting pay rates as far as i know

how do trades and professionals set their rates on a regional basis? does a journeyman plumber get the same rate in NS as ON?

however, i would support national rates for federally regulated employees such as pilots

this is why the concept of a single seniority list at the 705 level makes so much sense. the YVR pilot would make a living while the YWG pilot would live like a king. nothing wrong with that.

ivanhoe
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by ivanhoe »

yycflyguy wrote:
CJ6 wrote:guess what is comes down to is that we're just happy to have a job. we're not stupid, we know its below industry standards...and we want more, but they know we'd do it to stay in yhz. but from my comment above the "85 k FOR NOW" with canjet expanding outside of the maritimes, hopefully they'll bump the pay...like BLZD1 stated they are hiring for yyz and yul. so the "they'll do anything to stay in the maritimes" mind frame dosen't really apply anymore. i just don't get why so many people care about what we get paid...its our job, and if you don't like the pay don't come here....I don't like listening to you wine on here...and I'd hate it even more to have you sitting beside me wining. Why not bitch about how AC pays their pilots so much, and such a bad business plan, or even one at all, they keep driving themselves into bankrupcty, and there is nothing left in the pension fund cause the company went and spent it all...talk about that for a bit...
I saw this attitude at every step of aviation. Guys that think it is ok to do the job for a couple of bucks less than the next guy because hopefully they will be compensated properly somewhere down the line. Wake up. It never happens. There is an endless line up of guys with this attitude who will low ball the last remuneration. It is precisely this situation where a college of professional pilots would help maintain a standard.

It doesn't matter where you live. The responsibility of a skipper on a 737 is way more valuable than $85k a year.

Some interesting similarities here...http://www.walrusmagazine.com/articles/ ... nion-town/

Tibor
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tibor »

CJ6,

I dont want to work at Canjet, or be anywhere near you. The point is companies do salary surveys of other similar operators (same equipment) every year or two and get an average from that to gauge whether or not to increase/decrease/maintain their pay. So of course every operator of 737's will add Canjet to the 5 or 6 companies they reference, thus bringing the curve down (WAY down). Thats why I and all other pilots care, or should care what you make. You will, or are already, screwing many pilots out of thousands of dollars.

This happens at all levels, whether it be an FTU with 172's, Corporate aircraft operators, and yes airlines all over the world.

Pick up a copy of the Pro Pilot July Issue from any year. Thats when they publish their Pilot Salary Survey that shows that exact information and many companies base their raises, or even starting salaries on those numbers.

so again, thanks for bringing the curve down

Wha happened
bigskyjoc
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bigskyjoc »

And the winner of the most intelligent post of the week is... :lol:

flyin' fish
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by flyin' fish »

85k in the Maritimes is alot of money???? Highest taxed province in the country, the NDP wants to raise the HST and property tax is just plain too much. It would be great if you got something more for it, but you don't. The only thing remotely cheap there is real estate, and that depends on where you want to live. 85K is alot of money to maritimers because they can live happily with less, but that old concept is fading fast.

ooooo, you guys are even lazier than me!
CJ6
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CJ6 »

[quote]I dont want to work at Canjet, or be anywhere near you.[quote="Tibor"]

Like I said...childish...

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”