Goodbye to Muchacho

This forum has been created as an area to share memories of friends, who have passed on, that had a love for flight.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

. ._
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.

Post by . ._ »

My condolences.

-istp
---------- ADS -----------

avcanada
Rank Admin
Rank Admin

Post by avcanada »

loopy wrote:Thanks co-joe. I remember reading that post. There's a lot of stand upp people here. I wish I had met him.

Damn, I've only been in this biz a few years and this has happened to a few people I've known well or like Muchacho, merely been acquanted with. It shakes you, but hopefully humbles you and makes you a cautious and safe driver. Let's never forget the aviators who died in the saddle, doing what they loved.

Avcanada, I have a suggestion. Perhaps we could have a Avcanada memorial forum. Muchacho, bless him, could have the first string. The honored individuald posts could be linked to the string along with people's comments and memories. Just a thought.
Hi Loopy

I like your suggestion about the creation of a memorial forum, I was also thinking about this quite strongly this morning. I think that the creation of such an area would be an excellent way to honor, share stories and have a place to just remember friends who have passed away. When I get a chance I am going to setup this new area.

Thanks Yoyoma for the picture, it is nice to put a face to the many posts of Muchacho.

Fly safe everyone

182driver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Muchacho

Post by 182driver »

The 'driver is deeply saddened with this news.

I spoke with Muchacho a few times through this forum via PM (both as the 'driver and my more normal alias that I frequent here under). I first got acquainted with him when I gave him some interview gouge material for my present company.

The last message I received from him was a heartfelt New Year's wish, which contained sentiments for a positive and successful 2004.

He was a family man, and a caring person and I am very sorry he is gone.

Very shocking. Mehdi, you will be missed.

-Henri

Mitch Cronin
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Mitch Cronin »

Sincere condolences to all his friends and family... I enjoyed reading his thoughts and input here and I too will miss him.

Adios Muchacho. :cry:

Nothing but beautiful blue skies for you from now on.

Phlyer
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Phlyer »

Thanks for that pic Yoyo.
I was going to ask if anyone had one so I could put a face to his name...
Cheers, FF

gelbisch
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by gelbisch »

i didn't know muchacho and hadn't corresponded with him, but from what all you folks say he sounds like a stand-up guy. my condolences to his friends and family.

as someone mentioned earlier, i think that we've all in the past lost a friend who went doing what he or she loved to do. it's no less a tradegy, but there is some comfort in that.

i think that the following a beautiful poem and i'm sure we all know it and "get it." i don't know if you can do this if you're not the author, but i'd like to dedicate it to muchacho...

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there,
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or even eagle flew -
And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand and touched the face of God.

-Pilot Officer John G. Magee, Jr.

Schlem
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Schlem »

Heartbreaking news! :(

Brings home the reality of the profession we all love.

Clear skies and fair winds Muchacho!

RIP

flyinthebug
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flyinthebug »

What can I add to whats already been said about Mehdi? Much like Henri, I met him on this forum, and started to correspond via PM, then email. I had the sincere pleasure of speaking with him a couple times on the phone. I agree, he was a dedicated family man, with a passion for aviation, im sure most of us can relate to. I am in total shock, and very saddened by this news. If not for this forum, I still wouldnt know. Its obvious how many people he touched on this forum, and my most sincere condolences go out to his family.
Ya know, he knew what i did for a living, and never once asked me for a job... only advice on how to get one. He was one of the good guys, and will be missed. Cheers Much, we`ll still share that rum and coke one day!!
L&R

IFR Pilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by IFR Pilot »

I'm sorry to hear this... I lost one of my best friends in this industry who was just as passionate about his job, as we all are... my sincere condolences....

Flyin' Hack
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Flyin' Hack »

Sad news, and humbling for all, life is delicate and unpredictable. Didn't know him or talk to him, but wish the deepest condolences to his family and friends, in aviation and beyond. Makes me happy to know though that there has been such a heartfelt response, those that knew him, and those that didn't so well.

Rest in peace Mehdi.

Somewhere there's a job where the customers enjoy taking the scenic route...
shankdown
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by shankdown »

I'm shocked to read about Mehdi's death. I have also had many PM exchanges with him... all positive. He even invited me by for a beer if I happened across Cleveland. There isn't much more I can say about it, other than the fact that I just don't understand why this stuff happens to good people, and the whole thing just sucks. Adios, Muchacho.

Shankdown

confuzed
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by confuzed »

Just got home from work, and thought it had been a great night until this news. My condolences to his family and those close to him. I actually got to tag along in the back of one of his flights during my initial IFR training. He was doing his preflight test for his initial IFR and thought he was a great pilot/guy. It's a sad day for sure, he will be missed.

You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.
wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

A sad day.....

at least he was happy doing what he loved when he left us. That is more than many can say.

-wp

bandaid
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by bandaid »

Having lost a close friend and partner earlier this spring I feel the loss. My condolences to all who knew him and especially his family. Too many young men had gone already this year. Be safe.

Guido
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Guido »

My condolences to all involved. There's not a whole lot one can say in a time like this, but my prayers are with all of you.

puddlejumper
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by puddlejumper »

I met Mehdi 2 years ago when I was working in Toronto. I had coffee with him in the restraunt at buttonville and enjoyed his company. He did have an intese passion for flying and it was infectious. I regret not getting to know him better in the years since. My condolences to his family.

Pat

Return to “AvCanada's Wall”