In Memory of Suncor Pilot, Myron Dyck & Fellow Aviators

This forum has been created as an area to share memories of friends, who have passed on, that had a love for flight.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Mach 92
Rank 1
Rank 1

In Memory of Suncor Pilot, Myron Dyck & Fellow Aviators

Post by Mach 92 »

I'll be participating in a 2-day major cycling event called the Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer benefiting the Alberta Cancer Foundation. I'm doing this in on behalf of the the Aviation Industry in honor of all those who we know, or have known, who have been profoundly touched or impacted by this disease.

My family and I have started the fund raising with a donation of $200 in memory of Myron Dyck, a Suncor pilot, Husband, and Father, who lost his courageous battle with cancer in 2002.

I'll be cycling for two whole days along the majestic Rockies with thousands of other Riders. All the proceeds will go to the Alberta Cancer Foundation to support cancer research, treatment, and services at the Tom Baker Cancer Centre, Cross Cancer Institute and Alberta’s 15 other cancer centre.

Use the link at the bottom of this email to go visit the donation webpage, and please take the time to support the cause. Please keep in mind the commitment I'm making to end this heartbreaking disease and the personal efforts I'll have to make to accomplish this.

When I say "heartbreaking," here's what I mean: according to the Canadian Cancer Statistics 2009, nearly 16,000 Albertans will be newly diagnosed with cancer this year and nearly 6,000 Alberta families will mourn the loss of a loved one to cancer. An estimated 45% of men and 40% of women will develop cancer in their lifetime and 1 in all 4 Albertans will die of cancer. That's why I'm riding. To do something BIG about cancer. I hope that you'll share this incredible adventure with me by supporting me in my fundraising efforts.

Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,
Mach 92
Captain, Team Pura Vida

P.S. Please feel free to pass this link along to anyone who you think may help!

Click here to visit the donation page.
http://www.conquercancer.ca/site/TR?px= ... fId=266634
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “AvCanada's Wall”