Converting Canadian ATPL to FAA ATP

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

gyqapilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Converting Canadian ATPL to FAA ATP

Post by gyqapilot »

This is horse shit!. The government lets mexicans fly for sunwing too. I'm going to my local mp with this.
---------- ADS -----------

Oni
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Oni »

guys; check out the FAA website. effective last year august 1 2014 ( been there, done that), the exam changed as far as qualifications to write it. you need an FAA approved facility to take ground school and Type C or D sim time. you can then take that $7000 dollar piece of paper and go and write your exam. true story. I was one week short of writing it. had to settle for FAA commercial/IFR.
look up FAA-ATP-CTP. Gleim is definitely and asset and Dr. Knipping is the go to guy.
hope this helps. Also the FAA states as Embry riddle is one of the certificate holders that can issue the ground school. that is wrong. I already checked into it. you need to be a student there.

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

gyqapilot wrote:This is horse shit!. The government lets mexicans fly for sunwing too. I'm going to my local mp with this.
Ummmmm, say again, you're coming in ignorant.

Oni
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Oni »

cdnpilot77 wrote:Even if you convert to CPL first, you can't sit the exams until you've done the sim course.

no that's incorrect. you can get private, commercial and Instrument. already did it

Oni
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Oni »

cdnpilot77 .... yes you can obtain your commercial/instrument without the hoopla. it is strictly the ATP that is causing the problem

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

We were talking about ATP not private, not commercial, not IR, ATP......that's what the thread is about. I say again, you cannot sit the ATP exam without this course....even if you convert to the CPL first, which is what someone earlier suggested.

Return to “General Comments”