who liked the other forum ????

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Catdriver
Rank 1
Rank 1

who liked the other forum ????

Post by Catdriver »

who liked the other forum better?
---------- ADS -----------

GGCC
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GGCC »

This is the same Forum, appears a lot of info was lost in the "crash"

Hats off to the owner for re-building it so quickly :lol:

remember a perfect landing is when you can walk away, a good one is when you can re-use the aircraft :D

Rank 11
Rank 11

Avcanada Site

Post by ... »

I kindly ask you folks to give the admin of this site a boost in morale with some kind words of encouragement during the ‘down time’ while trying to fix the snag.

Let’s not forget the reason why he started the concept of this meeting place that has been around for years providing an access point for aviation professionals helping other pros within the industry. ON his own he has made Avcanada a house hold name within aviation, giving way to such characters as Duke Elegant, Cat Driver, the famed 182driver, Rebel, even the hated Capt Sweet n Juicy. Among many others that without this site I would have never have know that I am not the only one that is ‘nuts’ and quirky.

I do get the feeling he is almost at his wits end with not only the admin part of the site, but also having to baby sit the forums from posters being slanderous or being a pain in the neck….(like what I post at times. who’s kidding who…that I post ALL the time) ;-) .

Anyway, I fear Avcanada may be shut down due to the time consuming efforts to keep it clean. Hey, the guy’s also got a life and a family, who would wants to spend most of their waking hours with you clowns!?!?! ;-)

Ex:
Thanks Avcanada for maintaining this site and we’ll be patient with your updates because it’s worth while waiting for it. Be good and take a vacation soon. Don’t burn yourself out.

PS: can you ban “ I am Birddog”, he keeps messaging me asking if I want to see his nude pictures. Thanks!

Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ... »

test 123

Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ... »

test 456

Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ... »

test 789

Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ... »

test 10 11 12

Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ... »

I guess were up and running

Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ... »

I guess I am the first to post more than 1 reply on the new site!!!!!

I feel special.

Avcanada you can thank me later for cyber headbutting you know who.....looks like it's up and running!!!

:D

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

Note to Avcanada....

I did not post this thread, someone is using my handle on this one.

.. ( Cat Driver. )

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
avcanada
Rank Admin
Rank Admin

Cat Driver

Post by avcanada »

Guys please do not steal handels. I am going to ban anyone who uses a username in an inappropriate way in the next couple of days. For the record it will take me sometime to get use to using this new area, but from what I can see it is much more user friendly. The email feature is nice. I can also send out a mass email to everyone which is great. The plan is to get the old forum up and running again and run both of these sites until I can find away to merge the databases (easier said than done).

We are starting out hear without a ban list for words, IP's, anything this is a clean slate.

Cat Driver I realize that wasn't you the IP's didn't match up.

Joe

avcanada
Rank Admin
Rank Admin

Nice website .

Post by avcanada »

. all this time and I never visited your website. I like the layout/design you have used. Your photo essay was interesting. You make me want to do another ferry trip soon.

We have 4 or 5 PBY's at the airport where I am based, I don't think I have ever seen them move.

Catdriver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Catdriver »

I was just having a bit of fun with ya cat driver!!!!

I will not use this handle again. I was bored and feeling a bit down after the website went down.
Great job AvCanada for getting this one going.

dont worry Cat I just could'nt resist this one :wink:

Jet Dog
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jet Dog »

I kinda liked the old forum.. maybe it'll take awhile for this one to rub off on me....Thanks for all your hard work Avcanada... I'm sure everyone appreciates all you did and do.

Ooooo.. my first post... I feel.. I feel soo young again...lol :)

avcanada
Rank Admin
Rank Admin

Change

Post by avcanada »

For you guys that can not get use to this new format I do plan on getting the original forum up and running again. How long this will take is a good question.

I am trying to not have to go back to my saved version of the database back in December 2003. If I get sometime this weekend I will try to reload the orginal forum.

:D

Right Seat Captain
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Right Seat Captain »

I find I haven't been posting as often as I used to in this one. It doesn't quite feel like home yet, but I'm sure it'll grow. Actually it's already starting...

ASA120
Rank 1
Rank 1

New Look

Post by ASA120 »

I like the new look it is clean and crisp with more functions. I am sure this program cost a good amount of cash as well.

snapped
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by snapped »

Out with the old in with the new. 8) Things can only get better :!:

where's the snacks?
jimmyjazz
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jimmyjazz »

I guess if i had to choose i like the old one but really it's avcanada that i like the group,the arguments, the rivalries and the help whether good or bad is what i like. Though the old one seems faster. Any other foroum that I've looked at I've only gone back a couple of times (mostly in the last few days for some reason) were as here I look at it a couple of times a day.

Cheers to AVCANADA for working so hard to get this back up for us :)

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

A quick note to catdriver:

Hell no Im not at all upset, wanting to be me is the greatest example of flattery you could have shown. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thats not you again is it Duke???

Cat driver:

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.

Return to “General Comments”