Harbour Air today

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Harbour Air today

Post by Invertago »

---------- ADS -----------

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
awitzke
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Harbour Air today

Post by awitzke »

Good on the pilot for identifying a possible bad situation and putting the plane down. I think there's often too much of the mentality of "man up" and "push through." What could have been a disastrous situation ended up being a simple precautionary landing. I do chuckle though at how everyone in the media is calling it an emergency landing.

parallel60
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by parallel60 »

Well said Awitke.

Blakey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Blakey »

I'm confused, Where did this report come from?

A Harbour Air de Havilland DHC-3 (C-GHAZ / HR316) from Vancouver (Water), BC (CAM9) to Victoria Harbour, BC (CYWH), was holding south of Victoria Harbour when the aircraft declared an emergency. The aircraft landed northbound near the breakwater. The pilot advised of shutting down engine due to a low oil pressure indication and a smell of smoke in cockpit. The pilot requested assistance as the aircraft was unable to taxi. The aircraft was taken under tow. Flight service station (FSS) observed a wing tip damage as it was towed past their facility. Impact to operation was limited to a minor delay for departing aircraft while HR316 was towed to dock. Aviation Operations was advised.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you!
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

That's a separate incident that happened on Tuesday. Just an unlucky week for Harbour Air.

Siddley Hawker
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Siddley Hawker »

Anybody know what the serial number of GHAZ is, not sn 019 is it?

Antique Pilot
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Antique Pilot »

Siddley Hawker wrote:Anybody know what the serial number of GHAZ is, not sn 019 is it?
Yes it is serial # 19.

AP

Siddley Hawker
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Siddley Hawker »

Thanks AP. #19 was the first airplane I ever flew, as crewman, in 1965. Back then it was CF-EYY. About the only original part in that machine is the data plate. :)

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

Siddley Hawker wrote:Thanks AP. #19 was the first airplane I ever flew, as crewman, in 1965. Back then it was CF-EYY. About the only original part in that machine is the data plate. :)
Bit off topic but I remember somebody challenging a guy on whether there were any original parts left on his airplane. In reply he pointed to the cover of the little ashtray in the cockpit and said he was 100 % sure that was original. :lol:

Return to “General Comments”