Svetlana Kapanina

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

xchox
Rank 5
Rank 5

Svetlana Kapanina

Post by xchox »

This is some of the best nutbar flying I have ever seen. I've seen more facial expression from a secretary at a typewriter. Just amazing!

http://youtu.be/aQONtYjDlMw
---------- ADS -----------

Meatservo wrote:I just slap 'em in there. I don't even make sure they are lined up properly.
JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Svetlana Kapanina

Post by JasonE »

Wonder what she does for fun??

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

JasonE wrote:Wonder what she does for fun??
Looks bored eh? 15 minutes in she smiles for half a second then back to resting bitch face... Pretty good hands and feet...I guess...

Siddley Hawker
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Siddley Hawker »

I wonder if that guy in the red and yellow airplane - Aztec? - in the background ever got the left engine started. :D

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

This thread just doesn't feel complete without The Colonel posting some Even Better youtube video of Bob Hoover or whatever. :mrgreen:

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
karmutzen
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by karmutzen »

Young+attractive+cold+skilled in a man's domain. A GoPro event waiting to happen.

I first met her in 1990. She had been some champion gymnast or trampoline, and then started flying with the Central Aero club. Only aerobatics, I don't think she had a 100 hrs going into her first World Championship. She was born in 1968 which would make her almost 50 now. You cougar hunters.

Meecka
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Meecka »

Bloody focused!

I got nauseous just watching that. Mind you it gave me a good idea of what the guys put themselves thru when they take our Extra out for a rip. And reinforces why I say no every time they offer to take me up in it!

duCapo
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by duCapo »

co-joe wrote:
JasonE wrote:Wonder what she does for fun??
Looks bored eh? 15 minutes in she smiles for half a second then back to resting bitch face... Pretty good hands and feet...I guess...
WTF?
One of the top aerobatic pilots in the world and all you can comment on is her lack of smiling. Jeez, get a life!
Kapanina was World Aerobatic Champion in the women's category in 1996, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007 and 2011[2] and has won the title more times than any other pilot in the category.[3] Additionally, she was overall World Air Games Champion in 1997 and 2001.

Rule #62 "Don't take yourself so damn seriously"
newbiewings
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by newbiewings »

Gawd, what a pilot. I would say she was having fun...

If she trained as a gymnast, or trampoline, that would give her a huge edge over most acrobatics pilots. She is used to the tumbling, and knowing where her body is in relation to the ground. She is just doing it in an airplane now. No wonder she is a champion.

Maybe she can't do the same routines on a mat that she used to do, but no need to when you can make the machine do it.

I would love to go for a ride with her, although I might make a bit of a mess : ()@@@@@

WhiskeyWhiskey
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by WhiskeyWhiskey »

Not surprising. Some of the best pilots I have ever met were Russian.

Return to “General Comments”