Any Winnipeg members

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Any Winnipeg members

Post by upintheair_ »

I'm driving to Winnipeg to fly home for a visit later this month. Before I resort to using park and fly, wondering if there is anyone here who lives reasonably close to the airport that has a safe place to park and would be willing to let me do so for about 10 days.
---------- ADS -----------

200hr Wonder
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Any Winnipeg members

Post by 200hr Wonder »

Do you fly in there regularly with your job to an FBO? If so ask your friendly FBO if you can park there. In a previous life as a Kelly Western regular I did just that, they where even so gracious as to drive me over to the terminal for my flight. Worst case call them up let them know you have been a customer and ask really nice.

Cheers,

200hr Wonder
upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by upintheair_ »

Unfortunately, no. I have no connections at the airport I fly only in Ontario.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Call the Hilton Inn, if memory serves me right I parked my car there for a week and i was only charged $30.

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

I used to spend a night at the Victoria Inn for $99 and get a week of parking free

Jack In The Box
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jack In The Box »

I Park my car in the old keewatin lot on Allen Dyne. There is grass along the road that some old cars are parked in. Perimeter used to tow cars there. It seems to be totally unused and unmonitored. It's a 10 minute walk to the terminal from there.

Do so at your own risk, however! I always kind of wonder when I will show up and my car won't be there...

Return to “General Comments”