New Partnership/Flying Club (CYTZ - Centre of the Universe)

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Deltawidget
Rank 3
Rank 3

New Partnership/Flying Club (CYTZ - Centre of the Universe)

Post by Deltawidget »

Hello.

Are you too broke to own your own aircraft? Want to share in the misery of snags and annual inspections that turn into a 4 week ordeal for a piston single? Do you also live near the centre of the universe, where the cool kids call it "the 6"?

Here'sthe deal

4-6 people.
Diamond DA40/G1000. (150K-175K)
You have your IFR (or are working towards it)
Each partner is entitled to 2 different weeks away with the aircraft per year.
The rest of the time, the aircraft is free and bookings are done by Google Calendar.

Group Communications via whatsapp.

There is a formal partnership/club agreement that governs basic things like etiquette, payments, maintenance schedule, what happens if you ever want to sell your share and how costs are split.

Everything in writing.

No extended bookings on weeknights so the other 9-5'ers can do city tours to impress co-workers and peer into the newly packed SkyDome.

I know a few people. We need a few more. We're chill dudes. Maybe you are too? maybe we can make this work? We have experience owning and maintaining and we love love love Transport Canada.

We're not interested in anything other than the DA40. Take your parachute plane ideas outta here!!
The DA40, Its made of plastic, but its a legit machine and made in Canada. Respect.

So thats the deal. Split costs, maximize fun. Its not hard. Google Calendar, Whatsapp some basic courtesy and consideration for parters. Let do this. Lets fly.

u in?
---------- ADS -----------

Deltawidget
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: New Partnership/Flying Club (CYTZ - Centre of the Univer

Post by Deltawidget »

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

What about the DA42? It's a DA40, just double the snags?

S.

Beach 200
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Beach 200 »

Da40 sucks. Temp and weight limited in summer heat. I'd go parachute over a flying sperm.

PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by PilotDAR »

Gee guys, the poster did not ask for critiques of his idea, just are "U in?". (And if you think that's abuse of English, at least it has more vowels than a METAR!) Think of this as a clearance, you can accept it, or not. Your opinion of it was not sought.

It's okay if you don't want in, but somewhere in the big smoke there are pilots who would think this is a great idea! For myself, I've never flown a DA-40, but I see them flying around, so they must be the right plane for someone! They must have merits, as the DA-42 has, and I have enjoyed many hours flying those. Personally, I won't be accepting the invitation. I already annual the two planes I own, but my personal situation does not make the OP's idea unsound.

As I fly from airport to airport around Ontario, I notice that GA is a shadow of it's former self. I used to fly to Lindsay for lunch, and there'd be so many people (and planes) there, that there was nowhere to park. When I learned to fly at Brampton, it was so busy, that they would close the airport (and circuit) to non members, so members could fly. There was so much flying going on, that I could land, and buy 80/87, or 100/130 just about anywhere! But, alas.... fewer people are flying....

So, for aviation's sake, if someone has the initiative to try to make more flying, either support the idea, or hold your "don't fly" thoughts to yourself! We're all here to promote aviation... right?

PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by PilotDAR »

I didn't say I wanted in, The DA-40 may be a decent plastic plane, but the kind of floating it does would be of little use to me!
This guy is trying to get partners for an aircraft... not a record company that specializes in rap. If I am going to partner with someone in any aviation endeavor... it won't be with a Drake wannabe.
What do I know?... It seems to be the people with poor grammar who have lots of money these days, so if a bunch of them want to get together and buy a plane, why would I not encourage that. Eventually something will wear out, or break, and I'm in business!

bizjets101
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by bizjets101 »

I'll be back in TO next week, have one guy who would be interested.

Just wondering, thought no new airplanes were allowed at Island Airport,
unless you buy an aircraft already based there???

pitot.
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pitot. »

Gotta love AvCanada.. bunch of people with nothing better to do than bash other people's ideas.

Look, he just threw the idea out there and laid out the initial information nicely for a quick and easy pitch. Let's all criticize him because he made a couple jokes.

Now I'd consider myself a fairly intelligent guy and I actually have a bit of interest in this. This morning when I woke up I wasn't considering buying an airplane but with a partnership with well organized group it may actually work out nicely. Being in the industry for about 9 years now I've been scared out of ever owning an airplane but a fairly new machine with the costs split between 4-6 people might be the way to go.

PM me if your still looking. I'm on the fence but willing to look at it.

Jugnu
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jugnu »

Hi, did you get to start this partnership? ANy plans underway?

Braaaap
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: New Partnership/Flying Club (CYTZ - Centre of the Universe)

Post by Braaaap »

Any updates on this?

Return to “General Comments”