YYZ Infield Terminal

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

dashx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

YYZ Infield Terminal

Post by dashx »

Showing signs of coming back to life. GTAA has been doing maintenance recently. A few of the jet bridges have been reactivated. Rumor is that the Syrian refugees may be processed there. Anyone out there to confirm this?

And the Kelowna 727's have departed.
---------- ADS -----------

KK7
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: YYZ Infield Terminal

Post by KK7 »

dashx wrote:Showing signs of coming back to life. GTAA has been doing maintenance recently. A few of the jet bridges have been reactivated. Rumor is that the Syrian refugees may be processed there. Anyone out there to confirm this?

And the Kelowna 727's have departed.
I haven't heard the Syrian refugee rumour, but I think they are planning to use the terminal for expansion while the extension of T1 is being built. Most likely for holiday airlines I assume. There is some juggling about to happen I believe with Sunwing switching from T1 to T3? Also the AC hangar next to the T3 satellite terminal should be coming down and the satellite terminal extended down that way. All rumour though, I have nothing to substantiate any of this.

plhought
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by plhought »

Besides being the most inconvenient thing at YYZ oh those many years ago....

Good place for TV shows/films.

Skymark
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Skymark »

Pearson readies separate terminal for Syrian refugees

http://www.thestar.com/business/2015/12 ... ugees.html

dashx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by dashx »

Yes. That's exactly what I found too online. Thanks.

I wonder if Tim's is going to be there ?????

Stephen Szikora
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Stephen Szikora »

Infield terminal gives me visions of Ellis Island, with Mohammed becoming "Mike" and Sabeen becoming "Sally" when the immigration people can't spell their names.

dashx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by dashx »

According to the CBC today there is a visit to the infield terminal with the first arrival scheduled for Thursday Dec10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE9AQhfz2fM

I have always had a soft spot for the original cast of Saturday Night Live as well as National Lampoon. Some of my relatives came to these shores by ship whilst I came by plane. And my flight to Canada (which was my first flight ever) was delayed (I have been told) due to lack of parts. In any case while the "video" may not be appropriate I hope you enjoy the comedy of the 70's that I think has endured rather well over the years.

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

Stephen Szikora wrote:Infield terminal gives me visions of Ellis Island, with Mohammed becoming "Mike" and Sabeen becoming "Sally" when the immigration people can't spell their names.
LOL! no kidding! I used to work with an Asian guy whose last name was 'Jew' as a result of that!

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.

Return to “General Comments”