Dellen Millard trial

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

YYZSaabGuy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Dellen Millard trial

Post by YYZSaabGuy »

crazyaviator wrote:He ALREADY had a trial, he was convicted of FIRST degree murder.
You understand that was for an entirely separate offense, right? Nothing whatsoever to do with his current trial.
crazyaviator wrote:kill 1 or 100 this way, the sentence should be the same!
I have no idea what you're going on about. I'm not sure you do either.
---------- ADS -----------

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

I think that crazy is sitting at home in his mom's basement advocating for capital punishment - thinking that people who kill other people are worthy of the death penalty.

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
crazyaviator
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by crazyaviator »

If I set off a bomb and kill 100 people , should I go to jail for 100 times the amount of time than if I killed 1 person? Premeditated murder should fetch a maximum penalty regardless of the number of persons killed.
On a side note, Canadian Baal Corp ( CBC) just reported ( it was kept secret from March) that 3 Canadians ? were each given 10 million as compensation for being wrongly detained and tortured in Syria when they went over there for various innocent reasons. WTF ? Is our justice system that inept? Maybe Millard will get 10 million also and an apology from Trudeau IF his court cases take too long?

crazyaviator
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by crazyaviator »

I think that crazy is sitting at home in his mom's basement advocating for capital punishment - thinking that people who kill other people are worthy of the death penalty.
Look at our penal system, its a joke! criminals going in are more criminalized when they get out, their minds and hearts are more screwed up and they are most likely to reoffend due to lack of remedial successes. Prisons are expensive to operate and the prisoners aught to be PUT TO WORK instead of languishing in a cesspool of hatred ! Am I for capital punishment? With a piece of excrement like Millard ? Maybe !

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

In a past life, I flew a judge around for a while - my right knee jerked towards work parties as well, until he pointed out that you've got to spend a shwack of time and resources to supervise guys so that they don't escape while they're at the side of the road picking up garbage; you'll get a load of grief from legitimate employers if the state goes into business with essentially slave labour, and you usually have to send someone along to make sure that whatever it is that you asked the convicts to do was done properly, and completely...

As far as Millard is concerned: fair trial, and then let him rot. I'm sure, if he has any level of intelligence whatsoever, that the knowledge that he'll never again be a free man is enough to punish/torture him for the duration..

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

mmm..bacon wrote: As far as Millard is concerned: fair trial, and then let him rot.
I'm sure you mean... fair trial, then let him serve his lawfully imposed sentence for the other crimes, along with whatever penalty is imposed for this one, should he be convicted.

Don't you?

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
crazyaviator
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by crazyaviator »

As far as Millard is concerned: fair trial, and then let him rot. I'm sure, if he has any level of intelligence whatsoever, that the knowledge that he'll never again be a free man is enough to punish/torture him for the duration..
It doesn't work that way. Prison is a whole new life and filled with new ways to do wrong!

Work camps where they are shackled to each other and any attempt to escape is met with a bullet to the head ( aww, the good ol days :wink: )
The work would entail anything that does not interfere with industry but is supportive of it.
Prisons are a joke!! Rehabilitation rarely happens in that cesspool!

Proper rehabilitation over time would leave only a small percentage of incorrigibles and those can either stay in prison or be put 6 feet in the ground, their choice.

Our society is becoming soo clueless that most here posting would not understand the term "born again" and others would mock the term!

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

photofly wrote:
mmm..bacon wrote: As far as Millard is concerned: fair trial, and then let him rot.
I'm sure you mean... fair trial, then let him serve his lawfully imposed sentence for the other crimes, along with whatever penalty is imposed for this one, should he be convicted.

Don't you?
Yes.
crazyaviator wrote: Our society is becoming soo clueless that most here posting would not understand the term "born again" and others would mock the term!
Do explain?

crazyaviator
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by crazyaviator »

Do explain?
John 3:3

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

And what exactly does the Gospel of John have to do with your rant about rehabilitation in the prison system, or criminal proceedings, or the justice system in general?

crazyaviator
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by crazyaviator »

And what exactly does the Gospel of John have to do with your rant about rehabilitation in the prison system, or criminal proceedings, or the justice system in general?
And what exactly does drugs in prison, and big bubba, and gangs and physical abuse and fear of being knifed etc. have to do with rehabilitation?

Maybe if you read the good book you would not have to ask me your silly questions ?

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

Hardly a silly question; again, what does Nicodemus have to do with rehabilitation of prisoners?

Then again, why am I even attempting to get answers out of a raving lunatic...

pollyperkins
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pollyperkins »

You're ALL idiots!!!!!

This is an AVIATION forum - stop going on about this waste of skin Millard and get back to real airplane speak. :!:

MrWings
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by MrWings »

mmm..bacon wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:10 am In a past life, I flew a judge around for a while - my right knee jerked towards work parties as well, until he pointed out that you've got to spend a shwack of time and resources to supervise guys so that they don't escape while they're at the side of the road picking up garbage; you'll get a load of grief from legitimate employers if the state goes into business with essentially slave labour, and you usually have to send someone along to make sure that whatever it is that you asked the convicts to do was done properly, and completely...
I didn't need a judge to realize this. Just needed to observe Andy Dufresne at Shawshank.

MrWings
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by MrWings »

This on the heels of a second murder conviction: https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2017 ... urces.html

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

I don't understand any defense of him. Unless it is not true somehow, he killed his father and girlfriend. You can't blame youth, he was not 17 or even 23. This is not a movie or a novel.

How could anyone be safe from him and what could rehabilitate such a person?

spiderpilot1988
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by spiderpilot1988 »

To bad, sad to see this happen to his family

Return to “General Comments”