2 Air Transat pilots charged with being impaired

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: 2 Air Transat pilots charged with being impaired

Post by confusedalot »

Like I said before Gilles, the stone throwers are out in force. As some have also come across, studies in this very sort of subject about human nature paint a grim picture of humans intentionally and knowingly inflicting pain on other humans for minimal reasons that get justified for a number of predispositions.

Yeah, the guys fucked up. Quite badly actually for the standards in this type of work. I think they have learned their lesson big time, and they will constantly be reminded of it for life since their names are on the internet forever. Pretty sure they will never do it again.

We're not talking armed robbery, aggravated assault, manslaughter, or any of those sort of issues. We are talking of a lapse of judgement that is not acceptable in the business. And, these two pay for life, even if no one got hurt.

But hey, this is the sort of society we live in. 36 years in the business brought me into contact with by far, good and great people. Life goes on. But, like everybody else, had the unfortunate experience to run into a few real pieces of work.
---------- ADS -----------

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
Laser Tilt
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: 2 Air Transat pilots charged with being impaired

Post by Laser Tilt »

Since airlines are federally regulated, the Federal Labour Code applies. In 2016 The Supreme Court ruled Federally regulated employees can not be dismissed without cause.

https://www.stikeman.com/en-ca/kh/canad ... abour-code
Interesting info. It really is incredible though, you cannot fire someone for being a nice guy but completely useless in the job. No wonder our Federal Government is a mess.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “General Comments”