Ride needed YWG to YYZ

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

WeatherMaster
Rank 1
Rank 1

Ride needed YWG to YYZ

Post by WeatherMaster »

Anyone in the area heading to YYZ? I need to be there by Tuesday the 26th noonish and returning on the 27th late or even 28th for an interview but do not have the funds for the airfare.

I am also an experienced IFR pilot and I could ride shotgun for anyone wanting to build some IFR time.

Quick question for everyone: If you need a job and employers will not pay for flights and you cant afford to fly out for the interview, that finds us between a rock and hard place, so what are others doing?
---------- ADS -----------

Liftdump
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Ride needed YWG to YYZ

Post by Liftdump »

If an potential employer will not fly you to an interview,I think the question of wanting to work there has been answered.

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

:roll:

oldtimer
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by oldtimer »

Skype? or video chat.

The average pilot, despite the somewhat swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
pdw
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by pdw »

WeatherMaster wrote:Quick question for everyone: If you need a job and employers will not pay for flights and you cant afford to fly out for the interview, that finds us between a rock and hard place, so what are others doing?
I'd consider looking at every option. How valuable is time the next few days ?

Put it out on the web elsewhere ?

porcsord
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by porcsord »

A couple of things.

Firstly: If you are in fact an experienced IFR pilot, then simply tell the company as much as you'd love to go to Toronto for an interview, you can't for financial reasons. If they can't fly you there or are unwilling to use skype for an interview then politely decline and keep looking, probably not worth working for them anyways.

Secondly: Time is money... I don't know if you're looking for a flight or a car pool, if it's the former... good luck. If it's the latter, it's over 2000km, that's 20 hours, each way. So 40 full hours of just transport, combine that with the expense of food, chipping in for gas, places to sleep.... it's going to be cheaper to fly there. By a lot.

As to your question: See the first thing. If they are not willing to either fly you out OR make it a skype interview, it's not worth your time.

WeatherMaster
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by WeatherMaster »

Thanks to everyone for their comments! All good points and I will be making my decision by the weekend!

Cheers!

Return to “General Comments”