The future

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

geodoc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: The future

Post by geodoc »

For a more global take on Trumpism, I think that Mark Blyth cuts to heart of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JPm2nPfz7M

---------- ADS -----------

Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Eric Janson »

Clever satire by Comedian Jonathan Pie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Well, this thread has certainly been a very useful insight into the views of some of the posters here.

I would recommend reading Donald Trump's published policy on Muslim immigration here:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-rele ... mmigration

(The survey he references is based on the results of an opt-in online survey...)

MrWings
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by MrWings »

CpnCrunch wrote:Well, this thread has certainly been a very useful insight into the views of some of the posters here.

I would recommend reading Donald Trump's published policy on Muslim immigration here:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-rele ... mmigration

(The survey he references is based on the results of an opt-in online survey...)
The survey was done by The Center for Security Policy
The Center for Security Policy (CSP) is a "not very highly respected"[1] Washington, D.C.-based national security think tank that has been widely accused of engaging in conspiracy theorizing by a range of individuals, media outlets and organizations. Its activities are focused on exposing and researching perceived jihadist threats to the United States.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

CpnCrunch wrote:Well, this thread has certainly been a very useful insight into the views of some of the posters here.
Indeed. That being said, if I was forced to cast a ballot the other day, I would not have voted for Trump. I agree with Hillary's statement that he is temperamentally unfit to be president.

timel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by timel »

This thread has been really interesting to me, I think there are a lot of very good comments and it triggers reflexion on my side.

We are dependent on our southern friends in order for our economy to prosper, and I believe that Trump's future decisions will have a huge impact on our economy and jobs. People are blaming the Little Potato for printing money, but he doesn't have the choice, Canada is crumbling under ridiculous domestic / house debts, the oil is not going up and part time jobs are replacing full time jobs. All he can do is try to stimulate the economy and hope it will get better.

To finish, I thought again about the new era concept or change of mentalities, maybe Trump was meant to be elected by a silent majority. Even if Trump campaign was socially irresponsible, I agree that it was not a racist decision for most of the people who voted for him, maybe this is just the normal step after Brexit, people are pissed and he is offering a drastic change. Maybe it is really the end of globalization as we know it, Americans are fed up to export jobs. Europeans are fed up that a non elected Euro government is making decision on the population behalf, Canadians are pissed at TFW programs...

It is too bad people are protesting, democracy spoke and it is time to move on.
The next four years will be very interesting.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

This will be my last post in this thread. I started it following a sleepless night after the election because I had to express my horror at what had just happened and fear for what will ensue. Nothing said or done since has allayed that fear. Time will tell.

I would like to sincerely thank the moderators for allowing this discussion to continue. I would also especially like to thank and congratulate my fellow posters for participating, but not letting such a potentially explosive topic degrade into what it could have been.

Well done, and thank you.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

This is my last post as well. But I do leave one video as an example of how the so-called discrimination in society that will extend forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52o1d7XPni0

B208
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by B208 »

Yeah,
Discrimination. that's why th free world has been lead by a black man for the last 8 years......

geodoc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by geodoc »

Yes indeed, his inauguration 'twas indeed the final fulfillment of the Day of Jubilee.
B208 wrote:Yeah, Discrimination. that's why th free world has been lead by a black man for the last 8 years......

Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Eric Janson »

Pierce Morgan says it really well...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-1 ... led-losing

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business
AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by AuxBatOn »

timel wrote:
To finish, I thought again about the new era concept or change of mentalities, maybe Trump was meant to be elected by a silent majority.
Just st a point of clarification. Trump was not elected by a majority of the poular vote. In fact, Hillary won the popular vote by more than 1.4 million votes! The electirate is what elected Trump. In 2016, therr is no reason for the electorate to exists. The country elects one person: each vote should be worth the same.

Going for the deck at corner
Nark
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Nark »

AuxBatOn wrote:
timel wrote:
To finish, I thought again about the new era concept or change of mentalities, maybe Trump was meant to be elected by a silent majority.
Just st a point of clarification. Trump was not elected by a majority of the poular vote. In fact, Hillary won the popular vote by more than 1.4 million votes! The electirate is what elected Trump. In 2016, therr is no reason for the electorate to exists. The country elects one person: each vote should be worth the same.
Which is precisely why the electoral vote is the way it is.

The United States isn't a democracy.

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Semper Fidelis
“De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites"-
Do not wish death for your enemy, plan it.
xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

Now that you have all stopped "clutching your pearls," don't we all feel better?

I'm surprised that so much hysteria has been revealed in these ranks of steely-eyed professional aviators.

Take another look at our Little Potato and what smooth, pc crap he spouted to get elected, every Liberal on the planet was so warm and fuzzy with his platitudes, feminism, fix the Indian problem, oh, and legalize marijuana. How many of those promises did he keep?

Trump pisses off every Liberal on the planet because he behaves opposite to our Potato. Listen to the gnashing of teeth, the rending of garments. There are protests in the US where they think if enough yahoos stand on street corners crying, the Constitution will annul the election.

He isn't even the President yet. In case you hadn't noticed, he is a tv star, not a politician. Who can remember what any tv star says unless he's funny? He will likely turn out to be better at being the president than Ronald Reagan's chimp....

"What's it doing now?"
"Fly low and slow and throttle back in the turns."
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

All I can say is Kleenex stocks are going to go up because there's gonna be a lot of liberal tears shed in the next 4 years. :lol:

Some US universities actually brought in emotional support kittens and puppies as well as coloring books for students too traumatized over Trumps win.

Let’s Go Brandon
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Well, if you think it's all about liberal vs conservative, you're completely missing the point. Virtually the entire Republican party abandoned Trump.

Do you seriously think Trudeau isn't going to legalize pot?

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

CpnCrunch wrote:Well, if you think it's all about liberal vs conservative, you're completely missing the point. Virtually the entire Republican party abandoned Trump.
And are all now falling back into the fold, around their glorious new leader. :roll:

Rookie50
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rookie50 »

Nark wrote:
AuxBatOn wrote:
timel wrote:

You think we're different?

Democracy isn't to be trusted to the dumb voters, someone said.

timel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by timel »

Rookie50 wrote:
Nark wrote:
AuxBatOn wrote:

You think we're different?

Democracy isn't to be trusted to the dumb voters, someone said.

AuxBatOn, true ... my mistake.
While I am looking at the stats, only 54.87% of the elegible people voted. :shock:

Dumb or not educated? :wink:
Awareness comes with education.

AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by AuxBatOn »

timel wrote: While I am looking at the stats, only 54.87% of the elegible people voted. :shock:

Dumb or not educated? :wink:
Awareness comes with education.
A lot of people I know did not vote because of the lack of a viable choice. In their mind, they had the choice between a crazy person and a traitor.

Going for the deck at corner

Return to “General Comments”