Pilot demands 'common decency' after passengers argue U.S. politics

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Nark
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Pilot demands 'common decency' after passengers argue U.S. politics

Post by Nark »

I stopped reading a while ago, but for good measure, quoting or using Wikipedia negates any point you're trying to convey.
---------- ADS -----------

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Semper Fidelis
“De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites"-
Do not wish death for your enemy, plan it.
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

B208 wrote:
Rockie wrote:The CBC cannot, and does not take any action in favour of any political candidate.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Holy crap Rockie! How do you breath with your head so far up your own ass?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The CBC is a public broadcaster and by mandate must maintain complete impartiality. Of course to a rabid right winger any coverage that isn't as rabidly right wing must therefore be rabidly left wing. Impartiality is an alien concept to them. Old story.

B208
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by B208 »

Rockie, the CBC has a tremendous left wing bias, just like HuffPost. Fox has a tremendous right wing bias, just like The Rebel. The BBC is the closest thing to unbiased media that we have left in western society.

A big difference between us, Rockie, is that I actually recognize my own biases and the biases in the media. You lack the self awareness to do so. It is a problem very common in the indoctrinated.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

There are huge differences between us B208. There isn't enough bandwidth to list them.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Rockie wrote:The FBI was not required to tell congress about the emails when they did, and not being an idiot he knew the result it would have on the election. Furthermore the Justice Department was against it for the same reason and told Comey so. Further to that it took only a matter of days to determine the emails were nothing, but of course by then the damage was done. You can pretend it had no effect on the election but you'd be transparently disingenuous by doing so. After all, Guilliani knew days before the announcement that it would happen and the affect it would have. He was giggling like a six year old girl in anticipation. How he knew will never get investigated now but it should be.
I posted a newsweek article that gave the reasons justifying why the FBI was right to do what they did. Obviously there are other sources on the internet that can be found that will disagree.

I don't have the knowledge to be able to accurately say what the requirements are for the FBI in this particular situation. But, based on your history of misinformation and extreme exaggeration in your posts(please don't ask me to detail these as it would take a long time to list it all and can be found by just reading my responses), I say that you do not have the credibility to be believable in your opinion even if you are right.
Rockie wrote:The CBC is a public broadcaster and by mandate must maintain complete impartiality. Of course to a rabid right winger any coverage that isn't as rabidly right wing must therefore be rabidly left wing. Impartiality is an alien concept to them. Old story.
The FBI is a government department and is required to maintain impartiality. Of course to a rabid left winger, any action that might be seen as detrimental to their cause must be rabidly right wing. Impartiality is an alien concept to them. Old story.

You see Rockie....I can make ridiculous claims as well.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Here is an article explaining why the Justice Department was against the FBI interfering.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... t-election

Here is a summary of the Hatch Act.

https://hatchact.uslegal.com/

And again, it was not only unnecessary and against normal department policy to speak about ongoing investigations in the manner Comey did, but negligently premature since he didn't really say anything, and within days the emails were discovered to contain nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Congress had no legal right to that information either. Comey was not legally obliged to divulge any information, he was in fact acting against department policy and the advice of the US Justice Department by doing so.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

You have an article saying it was wrong, I have an article saying it was right. Opinion based articles.

Bottom line, Hillary shouldn't have used her private server. Time to take responsibility for your actions.

And that is the problem with much of the left, they make excuses for irresponsible behaviour. Don't work hard to get an education...its racism, convicted repetitively of crimes.....your a victim, can't be bothered to do real labour for a job....we'll give you welfare, used your private server for emails even though advised not to(by no less than Colin powell)...the FBI is biased.

I can't say for sure(and neither can anyone else) on what the effect of this scandal was on the election, but if she had done the obvious after being advised about it, there would be no issue.
Rockie wrote: Comey was not legally obliged to divulge any information, he was in fact acting against department policy and the advice of the US Justice Department by doing so.
Please quote the exact FBI policy that was broken word for word. I will accept your argument when you do this.

Moose47
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Moose47 »

G'day

For Christ's sake Mods, either put this thread out of its misery or start up the Water cooler again. My eyes are getting blurred from reading all this left wing bleeding heart verbal diarrhea!

Cheers...Chris

Attachments
grands-flaky-layers-buttermilk.jpg
grands-flaky-layers-buttermilk.jpg (238.66 KiB) Viewed 1077 times
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Multiple sources including the Justice Department have made statements regarding FBI policy. You can choose to accept it or not, but since I'm not in the FBI I don't have access to their policy manual and can't provide a direct reference. Sorry. I guess you'll just have to continue not believing it.

Interestingly the FBI was looking into opening an investigation on Trump for issuing threats but chose not to mention that, nor did they mention anything about fraud investigations either.

Where is your outrage at Pense's email issue?

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Rockie wrote:Multiple sources including the Justice Department have made statements regarding FBI policy. You can choose to accept it or not, but since I'm not in the FBI I don't have access to their policy manual and can't provide a direct reference. Sorry. I guess you'll just have to continue not believing it.

Interestingly the FBI was looking into opening an investigation on Trump for issuing threats but chose not to mention that, nor did they mention anything about fraud investigations either.
So you say that the FBI broke their own policy but when taken to task to show me the policy, you can't. OK, so you don't have the FBI policy manual. So show me where the justice department(which would have access to this manual) or someone else has quoted the policy that was broken.

Who do you think is running the justice department.....the Democrats. Maybe they are as biased as you say the FBI is, maybe not. But your statement can be proven by showing me the policy which would cut through any bias.

I am willing to believe but I want proof, not statements from an obvious partisan. Until then, you have proven nothing.

But before you spend a couple of house searching for the policy though, why not just study your aircraft normal or emergency procedures instead. I think it would be far more valuable. I am actually doing similar. Besides, Trump has now called for unity in backing him, I think you should consider doing so.
Rockie wrote:Where is your outrage at Pense's email issue?
I am not familiar with Pense's e-mail issue and I really don't care about this and whatever inevitable scandals that will happen in this administration just like has happened in every administration since 1776. I am basically just picking off the untruths that get repeatedly stated here. But I do think it would be safe to say that the only one outraged on this forum is you. Well one other guy possibly as well.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

pelmet wrote:So you say that the FBI broke their own policy but when taken to task to show me the policy, you can't.
You're in luck, turns out the FBI has a website.

https://www.fbi.gov/about/faqs/can-i-ob ... n-the-news

Satisfied? Or is the FBI wrong about their own policy?

Edit: As a Canadian Trump is not talking to me with his hypocritical call for unity, but if he was I'd tell him to go to hell. He would never get my backing. And as a citizen of the larger world who will suffer from his policies he is someone to be opposed until he disappears from the scene. Period.

B208
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by B208 »

Rockie wrote:There are huge differences between us B208. There isn't enough bandwidth to list them.
Thank. God.

B208
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by B208 »

Moose47 wrote:G'day

For Christ's sake Mods, either put this thread out of its misery or start up the Water cooler again. My eyes are getting blurred from reading all this left wing bleeding heart verbal diarrhea!

Cheers...Chris
I don't think you'll see that happen until it gets very clear that the right wing is getting the upper hand. The mods on this site are progressives. Just so we're clear, given that this site is privately funded and owned, i find no fault with the management pushing whatever political agenda they see fit.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

B208 wrote:I don't think you'll see that happen until it gets very clear that the right wing is getting the upper hand.
See, even you think your arguments are full of crap. :D

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

B208 wrote:
The mods on this site are progressives.
So is Canada, in case you haven't noticed.

It must be fun trolling Rockie for a while, but I think everyone is getting a bit bored of this by now.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

CpnCrunch wrote:
B208 wrote:
The mods on this site are progressives.
So is Canada, in case you haven't noticed.

It must be fun trolling Rockie for a while, but I think everyone is getting a bit bored of this by now.
Im not, but I'm an unusually patient man. However it is time to give the poor darlings a rest.

:wink:

Rookie50
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rookie50 »

Rockie wrote:
B208 wrote:
Rockie wrote:The CBC cannot, and does not take any action in favour of any political candidate.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Holy crap Rockie! How do you breath with your head so far up your own ass?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The CBC is a public broadcaster and by mandate must maintain complete impartiality. Of course to a rabid right winger any coverage that isn't as rabidly right wing must therefore be rabidly left wing. Impartiality is an alien concept to them. Old story.
Funniest thing I've read all week. CBC impartial? Hilarious, and obviously -- not.

I thought for some naive reason US media wasn't so bad, but on CNN when every Trump sniffle was given breaking news attention for a week, and so many HRC scandal stories suppressed -- simply not reported -- hard to believe. Every accusation given full media credibility.

Where are all his accusers now? Not one lawsuit. Not one criminal investigation of conduct. All disappeared. Yet all those accusations were honest and belivable, per the media. Hmmmm.

When one sees on multiple occasions a conservative guest commentator with a great anecdote HRC story , on point, immediately cut off by the CNN anchor, "thank you, time for commercial" one wonders about the integrity out there....

Debates? Brutal. I would think the moderators had their marching orders from the sitting administration - "or else". Forget ever having access, again. Softball questions to HRC, which she had -- in advance!

I could go on and on.

It's not an accident media credibilty has never been lower in history. 97% of financial donations from the media were to HRC. But there is no media bias anywhere.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Remember during the early years of Harper? Media favourite -- CBC's -- focus was Harpers "hidden agenda". Like he was going to bring in concentration camps. Brutal fear based reporting. We don't see that with Trudeau Junior. It's a perpetual honeymoon.

Unbiased? Ok......

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Rookie50 wrote: Funniest thing I've read all week. CBC impartial? Hilarious, and obviously -- not.
At the risk of prolonging this rediculousness, how exactly are CBC biased? I'm guessing they're foaming-at-the-mouth liberals? I just did a quick search for Trudeau stories on CBC and the top stories include:

"Justin Trudeau boxed himself in on more than just pipelines ..."
"Trudeau undoes father's legacy, former minister says - British ..."
"Why Kinder Morgan could severely damage the Trudeau-BC ..."

So, I'm not sure why a supposedly rabid left-wing organisation would be bad-mouthing their lover boy. (Or is the problem that they've discovered that he's actually a secret conservative pretending to be a liberal, after the recent pipeline approval?)
Where are all his accusers now? Not one lawsuit.
Statute of limitations. The alleged sexual assaults all took place too long ago to bring any charges against him. I don't think anyone said they would bring charges against him. Trump himself said he would sue his accusers, but that would just open a big can of worms for him, so I suspect he'll quietly drop it.
Remember during the early years of Harper? Media favourite -- CBC's -- focus was Harpers "hidden agenda". Like he was going to bring in concentration camps. Brutal fear based reporting. We don't see that with Trudeau Junior. It's a perpetual honeymoon.

Unbiased? Ok......
Um...see above.

Rookie50
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rookie50 »

Ok then. A couple of questions:

Why has there NEVER been criminal charges against Trump for ANY of of the accusations raised? They only arise during an election. OK. And I believe the Dem's had Nothing to do with that. Uhmmm, OK. Maybe.

Couple potential answers: A) Every single victim was too "scared" to press charges. Every one. But throwing out allegations without reprecussions is just fine, and there is no responsibilty by the media to vet such claims before publishing? Off topic, but Such serious allegations can be serious for other (men) in other professions. Just look at what has happened to the odd teacher falsely accused by an angry student. Life, career ruined, no reprecussion for the media reporting, either.

B) It's reprehensible behaviour but not criminal. Fine, and I don't support remotely such disrespect for women. Not in the slightest. I'm no Trump admirer, that's for sure. But then again, why is it - if not criminal -- over the top a news story while debatably very criminal behaviour from HRC -- everyone agrees anyone else would have been indicted -- isn't "newsworthy" according to CNN, who tried to shut down discussion of it however they could? Never mind the Clinton foundation -- zero press on CNN. To me that stuff is a heck of lot more newsworthy. Payoffs are newsworthy. CNN doesn't think so.

Double standard. Clearly.

As for CBC -- gosh it's so obvious --

I'm small C conservative. Much more left as the years roll along. Happy to see Green Party get a seat. Really. I don't have a problem wiith them so much as the blatant lack of media integrity. It's horrible from whatever chair you sit. They can destroy lives without any accountability. They are 100% about ratings from feeding trash to a reality TV audience and could care less about balance and accuracy.

Last edited by Rookie50 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

I suggest we rename this thread: 'Mod observes 'common decency' as AvCanadians argue US politics' :smt008

BUT,

:smt014

nobody's mind is getting changed here......

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.

Return to “General Comments”