Encore Captain Schedule???

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

LANK
Rank 0
Rank 0

Encore Captain Schedule???

Post by LANK »

Hello.
I have a direct entry Captain interview for Encore coming up.
I'm reaching out to anyone who might have some info on what the schedule might be like. If successful I'll be based in YYZ and commuting.
If I can get home for 2 stints of 5 days off in a row per month I'd be content. If the schedule turns out to be stints of 3 days off in a row scattered around it will be tough to take.
Plus. Does Encore have the same scheduling system at Mainline. Which I hear is pretty good to deal with?
Thanks. Any words are appreciated.
---------- ADS -----------

The5chord
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Encore Captain Schedule???

Post by The5chord »

19 days a month. 2 weeks vacation. maybe 90k on your t4 if you are lucky. probably 3.5-5 years to flow. 75 hr mins this year down from 80.

no years of service when you flow to wj

they are hiring 3-4000 hr 703 pilots on to mainline now. maybe try and get on there.

just a start up airline. pay your dues all over again.

BE20 Driver
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Encore Captain Schedule???

Post by BE20 Driver »

You can't work for 10 days in a row. The best you could do would be 6 on 1 off. Most pairings are 4 days so you'd have to stack a 4 and 2 day pairing together to maximize days off in a row. I would think 2 stints of 5 consecutive days off every month would be damn near impossible. 2 at 4 days might be possible but there are no guarantees.

I commuted out west and you basically loose one day on either side of a pairing. Either you can get in the same day as your pairing starts and out the next calendar day or you have to come in the day before your pairing starts buy you can likely get home on the same day your pairing ends. You'll loose a couple of days in the commute because of this. It all depends on where you are commuting from though and how much service is in the city you are coming from.

I think 3.5 years to flow is pretty damn optimistic. with 400 people ahead of you and about 75 per year going up, you can do the math. Who knows, maybe I'm out to lunch on this.

Return to “General Comments”