Carson acquires 2x 1900D

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

YVRLTN
Rank 1
Rank 1

Carson acquires 2x 1900D

Post by YVRLTN »

Just saw that 2x 1900D's have been registered to Carson Air - anyone know what the plans are for them?
---------- ADS -----------

oldtimer
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Carson acquires 2x 1900D

Post by oldtimer »

No longer associated with Carson (retired) so this is just a guess but there are many similarities between the 1900 and the King Air 350 so the transition should be easy enough plus I think some of the Metro's are reaching the end of their service life. Also, I think his main cargo customer has always been partial to the 1900 and the courier business must be picking up so this may give them a slight increase in capacity. Just a guess.

The average pilot, despite the somewhat swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
200hr Wonder
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by 200hr Wonder »

Are they Cargo birds? Or perhaps Medivac birds? Bariatric Specialty type?

Cheers,

200hr Wonder
bobcaygeon
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bobcaygeon »

There are a lot more 1900's on the market now than there used to be and the prices have dropped. There used to be just a few pieces of garbage out there or aircraft with corporate style seating.

It might just be cheaper to buy 1900's than 350's. The big door is a huge bonus and great for the big ones. I'll take a progressive maintenance inspection program vs the Phase any day.

Return to “General Comments”