Porter Mentorship Program

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

WhiskeyWhiskey
Rank 2
Rank 2

Porter Mentorship Program

Post by WhiskeyWhiskey »

Just read this article:

https://www.wingsmagazine.com/news/port ... lots-14380

Just curious as to why they do not include schools at their home base at City Center? Granted it's been a while since I have been there, but there was ATI, Canadian Flyers, Island Air, and like 2 more.
---------- ADS -----------

NorOntair
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Porter Mentorship Program

Post by NorOntair »

Hey their old timer, ATI hasn't existed at the Island for like 15-20 years. If at all.

Porter kicked Canadian Flyers out back to Markham when they needed room to expand the FBO and/or MTCE like 6 years ago.

Island Air is still there, and I believe there is now a new school FlyGTA. But FlyGTA I think never got their training OC so now just do the Niagra run?

Doesn't matter though. Porter is gonna doze that whole island into a personal playground. lol

JohnG
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JohnG »

It's quite an elaborate process for the school to qualify for the mentorship program. The schools in the program have all been audited by Porter to ensure they meet our quality standards. In addition, we've targeted schools that go above and beyond the basic regulated requirements for getting a commercial licence, and focus on readying students for the airline.

Having said that, we know very well that there are great flight schools out there that are not presently included.

xchox
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by xchox »

NorOntair wrote:Hey their old timer, ATI hasn't existed at the Island for like 15-20 years. If at all.
They were at CYTZ. Still have one of there binders. Can't remember dates however.

Meatservo wrote:I just slap 'em in there. I don't even make sure they are lined up properly.

Return to “General Comments”