Bombardier exec pay skyrockets.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Rookie50
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Bombardier exec pay skyrockets.

Post by Rookie50 »

---------- ADS -----------

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Bombardier exec pay skyrockets.

Post by 7ECA »

Sounds par for most companies. You want to scream and rant about companies being propped up or bailed out, and then giving execs massive raises/bonuses? Look around, it's all been done before.

JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

Disgusting. They could have employed 1/3 of the people they laid off with that money.

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
ditar
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ditar »

That's par for the course. The executives always get bonuses and pay raises after a big round of layoffs for "saving the company."

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

7ECA wrote:Sounds par for most companies. You want to scream and rant about companies being propped up or bailed out, and then giving execs massive raises/bonuses? Look around, it's all been done before.
Sad but true. The canadian elite would rather have the reputation of being squeaky clean, whilst the oligarch system appears to be the real operating principle. just look at the board members, they are all connected in various ways. the current ceo is on the board, so has a say in his personal compensation.

he's done this before at pratt and whitney. same deal, take a lot of government money, kick a bunch of people out on the street, all the while, UTC, the holding company, reported 22 billion of profit that year, not operating revenue, pure profit, while taking taxpayer money.

it's the way of the world...........

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
Siddley Hawker
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Siddley Hawker »

Not just Bombardier. Junior announced a 200 mil gift to Ford today. Last fiscal year Ford posted 10 billion in profits while Junior oversaw a 20 billion deficit. BOHICA!

g5
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by g5 »

Gino Under
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Gino Under »

What poor judgement. Bad timing. And poor taste.
Shame on them.
I've said many positive things about this company these past couple of years but this was stupid. Pure and simple.
What a dumb move.
It may well be the way of the world but Quebeckers are pissed. Imagine the rest of the country?

Poor show,
Gino Under

"I'll tell you what's wrong with society. No one drinks from the skulls of their enemies!"
confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/ ... -1.4047290

:wink:

apparently there are demonstrations that are in the works, according to the quebec news media. heard it from a pone call from a friend.

and I was led to believe that I was too ''sensitive'' he he he.....

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

Siddley Hawker wrote:Not just Bombardier. Junior announced a 200 mil gift to Ford today. Last fiscal year Ford posted 10 billion in profits while Junior oversaw a 20 billion deficit. BOHICA!
Man, it's worse than I thought. Thought I saw it all with the Pratt situation years ago. What's next?

dashx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by dashx »

Seem feel its rats jumping off a sinking ship.

Shameful.

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

It's okay now, they promised to hold off on any raises until 2020. Just long enough for you to forget this bailout and then they can get huge increases because "it's been 4 years since any previous increase". Who do I have to screw to get one of those jobs?

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

And I think the 'bonuses' in 2020 are based on the company's market value being 5 times what it is now. Have to be some nice orders come in to get share price up to about 10 bucks!

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

There you go, not many companies willing to bow to public pressure and reign in massive wage increases for execs, even if it is just for four years. Not that I am applauding them by any means...

Compare that to the US big banks that got bailed out, they didn't give a rats ass what anyone thought.

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

Poor little things. How can you make ends meet on 6, 8, 10 million, per year, year after year? After all their net personal worth is only, what, 70-80-100-200-500 million? So they are poor in comparison to the billionaires and trillionaires.

Talk about the 99% and 1%. The whole system has become a bit of a joke.

Gino Under
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Gino Under »

No one. Not a single person, so far, has expressed any interest in, or concern for a rather larger Canadian aerospace industry should Bombardier collapse or fail as a result of this poorly timed "issue" over executive compensation and the ripple effect it would surely have in ruining other aerospace companies and their employees who do business either directly or indirectly with them.
The industry would go down like the Titanic. Or, at the very least, A.V. Roe. But, that's what the majority seem to want.

I wonder if the financial carnage Bombardiers' demise would leave, would be cheaper for "taxpayers" than staying the present course? And why should those executive contracts, contracts that were signed and agreed to before they took on the job of saving this company, be honoured? Who DOES that? Would you agree to those terms, shake hands and sign for the agreed to salary and bonuses if it meant your company might be saved? (Bearing in mind, you wouldn't have to pay a penny of those agreed to bonuses unless they performed to the agreed to performance targets in those contracts?) Naw. You'd tear those contracts up afterwards and tell those greedy cun*s to go fu*k themselves after they saved your ass and started to turn your company around. Leave them high and dry. Better still, "get a rope". Fukkum!

Never mind. Who gives a s*it about a loser company like Bombardier? Cut them off the corporate welfare tit and let them die. Show those mother fu*kers they're not getting away with it.

But what will we show those mother fu*kers who don't work for Bombardier? Not much conversation about that, is there?

Gino Under :roll:

"I'll tell you what's wrong with society. No one drinks from the skulls of their enemies!"
crazyaviator
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by crazyaviator »

What 100 million and layoffs of 20000 be too much?

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

Actually there are some supportive comments on the other Bombardier thread referencing the bailout.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Look, the fact of the matter, from my chair -- I analyse companies for a living -- is this is an incompetent company run by an incompetent management team overseen by an incompetent board.

I wouldn't give BBD a dime without those factors changing. And neither will anyone else with private capital.

Proof? One look at the train division.

IMO the entire company is full of rot, an embarrassment to Canada, and deserves to fail. The board should be sacked for allowing things to get this bad. That's it.

And the pay structure is completely obscene, and far beyond highly successful companies 10X BBD's size.

Those are the facts, and they are beyond dispute.

Gino Under
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Gino Under »

Interesting assessment.

One of this company's worst critics on BNN last week agreed with one thing about all this and that was their salary package as reported. In fact, his opinion was that they were below average by comparison.

Canadians will never get behind anything Canadian except ice hockey.

Gino Under :partyman:

Return to “General Comments”