? Pilot shirts for the widebody pilot

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

JAHinYYC
Rank 4
Rank 4

? Pilot shirts for the widebody pilot

Post by JAHinYYC »

Help please.

I have tried the search function to no avail.

Can anyone recommend a Canadian retailer selling short sleeve pilot shirts for a widebody pilot. (And no I don't fly them....I am in initial ground school for the Q400.)

Our company's uniform supplier's size 17.5 inch neck (VF Activewear) do not offer enough room for my fuselage.

Just to avoid recommendations of crash dieting - I am three weeks out from line indoc.
---------- ADS -----------

Rudy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: ? Pilot shirts for the widebody pilot

Post by Rudy »

How wide we talking here? Aviation World sells the A Cut Above shirts up to a 19.5 neck. I'm told those are the shirts used by Delta Airlines and we've all seen how big those boys are.

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

I wear a cut above and they are amazing.

JAHinYYC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JAHinYYC »

Rudy wrote:How wide we talking here? Aviation World sells the A Cut Above shirts up to a 19.5 neck. I'm told those are the shirts used by Delta Airlines and we've all seen how big those boys are.
Neck size is not the issue. The standard 17.5 inch ones fit fine around the neck.

The area around my engine nacelles and lower down the galley area was a little more snug than befits a man of my age.

Less tapered fit and more relaxed is what I am after.

Oxi
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Oxi »

VH has a traditional or regular fit. Which did you chose?

jg24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jg24 »

JAHinYYC wrote:
Rudy wrote:How wide we talking here? Aviation World sells the A Cut Above shirts up to a 19.5 neck. I'm told those are the shirts used by Delta Airlines and we've all seen how big those boys are.
Neck size is not the issue. The standard 17.5 inch ones fit fine around the neck.

The area around my engine nacelles and lower down the galley area was a little more snug than befits a man of my age.

Less tapered fit and more relaxed is what I am after.

Unsure, but check out the selection on Aircraft Spruce. The first choice has all sorts of sizes. But if your neck fits and looking to have just a wider lower part, I'm not sure.

http://www.aircraftspruce.ca/categories ... iator.html

Rudy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rudy »

A Cut Above has a relaxed fit as well as the standard tapered. Their site lists a 17.5 neck relaxed fit as for a 40 inch waist, 240 lbs person. Move up to the 18 inch neck and you're good to 44 inch waist and 270 lbs.

http://www.acutaboveuniforms.com/15.html

kilocharliemike
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kilocharliemike »

Another vote for a cut above shirts! And has extra long tail so it doesn't come untucked all the time big guy!

:D

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Try corporate security in Winnipeg. They provide all our uniforms, and on occasion we have had to get a little bigger shirts for an additional cost.

I believe they have the ability to order the gold star shirts as a custom make if they are out side the standard sizing chart.

Ask for Gregg if you call, he is our account manager and is a grade A guy. Gets it done when you need.

204-989-1000

JAHinYYC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JAHinYYC »

Oxi wrote:VH has a traditional or regular fit. Which did you chose?
I spoke to a VF customer rep after detecting the issue and was told they could not offer any alternative to what was shipped originally.

I have reordered the 18" neck from them but am pursuing other options simultaneously.

Thanks to all for the recommendations and noticeable lack of pot (belly) shots.

Cheers.

Return to “General Comments”