Coworker Friction

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

FSS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by FSS »

I could be wrong, but I believe there is no requirement in the Canadian Labour Code to give "two weeks notice". Unless you sign a contract so stipulating such.
---------- ADS -----------

CLguy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CLguy »

Once upon a time, a wise old pilot, friend and coworker said to me:

"Be good to your co-pilot because someday he may be your Captain"

In Aviation this could also be expanded to co-workers and employer!

These are words to live by!!

You Can Love An Airplane All You Want, But Remember, It Will Never Love You Back!
SplitS
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by SplitS »

Come on cyyz, anyone reading my post would know I was refering to being happy in the cockpit. Notice the sentence started with "whether". Perhaps I should have used a colon or semi-colon to tie the two sentences together.
whatever. Its a lame attempt on your part.

I agree with you though: you are sincere, that is what is so troublesome.
But I gotta say, I like the way you stir the sh*t - wouldnt be the same avcanada without you.

Keep flying till the noise stops.
cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

SplitS wrote: Notice the sentence started with "whether".

wouldnt be the same avcanada without you.
Capt. S&J out to lunch, I'll step in...

----

But where did Cat start his ramp debut???

---

We have a dozen of operators like that in the country and they all have guys buying PPCs to get work...

You could create a charter company, buy a clapped out piece of sh8t and sell PPCs as your main revenue and promising work and in a few weeks, sell the old one and buy a new type and they'll all be wriitng new cheques.

--

No one has done anything to stop it.... No one tried to stop the first ramp rats...

C'est la vie.

LostinRotation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by LostinRotation »

Wow this thread went off on a nice little tangent.

All I have to add is working hard and doing multiple jobs that might not sit into your " job description " doesn't bother me too much as long as A) you knew about this stuff before you were hired and/or B) You are well appreciated for your contribution with either higher than paverty line pay or if they are unable, respect and loyalty, which in some cases could be better than gold. I've done a few odd jobs for my employer...mostly because I wanted to. Being an extra hand in the maint. dept means you get free information and knowledge on the aircraft you fly. It also gives you insight on the type of people doing the work on the A/C you need to count on. Washing A?/C...hell I do it because I like it....if it's raining and I've got nothing better to do, I'll go wash a plane...cause hey, free rinse water ;)

Not everyone might agree with me, but hey, what do you expect from a guy with 2, 40 hr/wk jobs ?

-=0=LIR=0=-

Sometimes I think it's a shame when I get feelin' better when I'm feelin no pain.

InTheGame
Rank 2
Rank 2

wow

Post by InTheGame »

I am sorry to hear that, $45 per charter and a meal after 7 hours. thats dissgusting, degrading, don't even waste your time at a place like that . Don't worry though if your boss is that big of an ass his wife probably hats him just as much. Karma in the end will triumph, she'll burry him in th cheapest carboard box she can find and then go marry the postman.

Sorry to hear about your situation, anyone with 1500 TT and 500 multi shouldn't have to put up with that.

Big Pratt
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Big Pratt »

Basically you get "your close friend" and a couple of other guys to go rent big pink fluffly bunny suits. Then its off to CDN Tire for a couple of bats. Next you track the guys down while they're shaving the boss's coin purse and you start to beat the s**t out of them. To top it all off you splash a little Capt Ron aftershave on them. What are they going to tell the cops? 3 big pink bunny rabbits beat me up? The cop's will laugh and say ya right rummy lets go to the drunk tank....
Simple, Effective, and Rewarding
I guess he listened to your advice... and got caught

ScudRunner
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ScudRunner »

Don't Take shit from anyone you give them an inch they will walk all over you. Its about time some people in this indusrty grew some balls. Tell your boss this is unacceptable and tell him why.

Maybe you should take these two Douche bags for a ground briefing on Chapter 2 of Human Factors "getting cracked upside the head". Then when your all friends go for a round of beach vollyball. And live happly ever after.

grouchy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by grouchy »

Kag "your reputation is the most valuable asset you have."

I agree, but your reputation as decided by whom? People you've worked with or for? In other words, if a pilot has a bad reputation from fellow pilots and you were looking at hiring this person would you look beyond that to employers? Or would you look for a positive opinion from other pilots if this person had a bad rep from employers?
You could have a bad rep by not going flying when one of the heros is out busting regs.
A person could have a bad rep either way, from not washing the owners car, or not drinking with the boys after work.

Also ., I liked your second sentence.

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

Interesting in reading this that no one thought that our screwed over friend may actually have been passed over because the other two guys are more competent. And the boss's comments about him having to pay are in the hope that a. he will quit or b. he will take on the cost of extended training.

As to the $45.00 per charter. Is that a real figure. If it is you should, nor should anyone else, be working for that company.

To many young pilots coming looking for a job with "Navajo" time on their resume, and then when we look into it find out their Navajo time consisted of riding with a buddy on a bag run.

It doesnt take a great pilot to be able to start up a navajo or get it into the air, but a bad pilot can cause terrible damage in a few hours by misuing the equipment, and when things go to heck in a handbasket, the knowledge of systems is invaluable.

And so endth the sermon

Return to “General Comments”