Why is Flair so Hated?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Why is Flair so Hated?

Post by telex »

Every FLE thread brings out the venom and name calling.

Seems everybody has an opinion about them.

Why do you hate the operation?
---------- ADS -----------

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Why is Flair so Hated?

Post by Zaibatsu »

Probably the like 8 GDOs per month and the King Air wages to fly a 737.

FurHat
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by FurHat »

Or that they were the scab operation set up to bust ALPA at Flightcraft...

tincanflyer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tincanflyer »

Bottom feeders that fuel the race to the bottom; shut Shell down, steal the extra Air Transat flying, etc.

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

I have no idea.

I'd just throw in that I finally heard them on the radio for the first time in a long time yesterday.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

So if you work for anyone, other than AC or WJ your a douche for hurting everyone because the salary isn't 200k to start.

Wow

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

flyinhigh wrote:So if you work for anyone, other than AC or WJ your a douche for hurting everyone because the salary isn't 200k to start.

Wow
200k to start where?

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

flyinhigh wrote:So if you work for anyone, other than AC or WJ your a douche for hurting everyone because the salary isn't 200k to start.
That would probably then have to include Encore me thinks. Didn't they make a big hoopla about paying '80% of the industry average'....

Minimums
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Minimums »

FurHat wrote:Or that they were the scab operation set up to bust ALPA at Flightcraft...
Just like Summit is to First Air?

Just like Sky regional is to A/C?

Just like Georgian is to Jazz?

Capitalism will always overule a union. It may take a little time, but thats how it will play out in the end. Unless your in government, no union job is safe in this generation.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Slight correction, Sky was created because Jazz pilots voted 98% in favour of a strike and CR swore he would never be in a position where one group could cause so much disruption. GGN is another Jazz buster and maybe a little bit to keep pressure on Sky to keep cost down.

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

That,s not what my buddy at American Airlines is living. They got a huge pay increase that the corporation just gave them just like that, since they are feeling the heat.

New hires are in their 40's, where they typically were 25-30.

316K to fly a 737 sounds pretty good to me :lol:

It may take some time, but it's coming here. Too bad I missed out on all of the fun.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

double post in error

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by atphat »

People who "blame" other people for taking jobs are pathetic.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

atphat wrote:People who "blame" other people for taking jobs are pathetic.
So, it would be okay with you if someone offered your company to work for 30% less than you and they accept. You're out of work now and that's ok. It's really no different than that, doing the same work for much less is desperate, selfish and pathetic.
Clearly you have no clue how supply and demand works and given what's going on in the US, if the shortage continues, these bottom feeder companies will have to adapt or die.

atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by atphat »

There are a group of pilots who do exactly my job for less money. I should hate them all? Curse them out in the customs line? I am indifferent to them yet have a problem with the management and union that allowed them to be created in the first place.
I'm assuming you are on the A scale at Jazz. You would have turned down the job otherwise of course. Do you let all your coworkers on the B scale know what dirty scabs they are?

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

I don't think them scabs at all, I have said to some of them when the conversation allows, that if no one applied they would've had to change it, coincidentally I have heard a rumour that is possibly happening now, however fact is they signed up and let's not forget the reason the pay is what it is, the pilots who undercut us and took those jobs.
For what it's worth, Jazz pilots are not undercutting anyone, just came down to the level required to not get phased out completely.
As for Flair, the pay is better than I thought but still basically paid a regional pilot wage for a mainline job, do you think Flair is getting all this work because the product is spectacular or they're cheaper than everyone else?

atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by atphat »

mbav8r wrote:For what it's worth, Jazz pilots are not undercutting anyone, just came down to the level required to not get phased out completely.
Actually that isn't true at all. Jazz only exists because they were willing to do the job cheaper than ACPA pilots. Every express route was once an AC route flown by AC pilots. So just remember to include yourself when you start slagging everyone else.

Edit to add: I know that's not entirely accurate, the point I was making is that every route not flown by AC pilots is because the route is flown at a discount by someone else.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

If it's not entirely accurate why say it, sounds like you need a history lesson , not going to get it here from me but I will say something, Jazz history dates back to 1934, 3 years before AC and at one point was wholly owned by Air Canada.
One other thing, ACPA took the RJs from Jazz pilots by offering to fly them for less, one could argue that was the beginning of the "race to the bottom"

SRV
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by SRV »

Ever notice it is usually gutless, anonymous, self-entitled whiners that knock other companies. Likely because they didn't get that "automatic" upgrade or those extra days off over Christmas and New Years. Same s---, different day!

Couldn't Stand the Weather
Jimmy2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jimmy2 »

mbav8r wrote:Jazz history dates back to 1934
We are talking about airlines not music genres.

Return to “General Comments”