Hornet flyby over football game too scary for people

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Hornet flyby over football game too scary for people

Post by teacher »

Hornet flyby "triggers" people in Montreal.
Will Peters, one of the residents who called police, lives on Hutchison Street, not far from the stadium.

"It scared the heck out of me," he said.

Peters's wife and two young children were on their way home during the flyby. He said the noise caused her to let go of the stroller with the 22-month-old inside, so she could move over and protect the three-year-old. The stroller rolled away and hit a Bixi stand, then toppled over.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/ ... -1.4174578
---------- ADS -----------

https://eresonatemedia.com/
https://bambaits.ca/
https://youtube.com/channel/UCWit8N8YCJSvSaiSw5EWWeQ
'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Hornet flyby over football game too scary for people

Post by '97 Tercel »

He said the noise caused her to let go of the stroller with the 22-month-old inside, so she could move over and protect the three-year-old.

:lol: Pick yer favourite!

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

More special snowflakes.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Most of us wouldn’t give it a second glance nor pay much attention either way. Just wanna see the game and quaff a cold craft beer

:drinkers:

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Yeah a little fragile, get over it.

Fly overs are awesome, a show of respect and pride and a display human engineering unlike any other... they are just fricking cool for a lot of people.

I have to say though, "Snowflake", is a statement I'm getting a little tired of - overused and adapted by the far right especially, disparaging in nature and rooted in racism and intolerance.

I get it in a fight club metaphorical sense, but maybe instead of jumping on bullshit bandwagons we could adapt our lexicon to be more succinct without the ignorance.

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

I have to say though, "Snowflake", is a statement I'm getting a little tired of - overused and adapted by the far right especially, disparaging in nature and rooted in racism and intolerance.
When did stupid whiny entitled people become a race? Or is just everything now that anyone disagrees with, "racist"?

If we're listing things we're getting tired of, how about the never-ending references to "intolerance"? Talk about jumping on the bullshit bandwagon. You nailed most of the "lexicon" in one post: "snowflake", "intolerance", "racism", and "ignorance".

Well done! :mrgreen:

(If you'd only thrown in a "privilege" and "cultural appropriation" I would have jumped up and shouted "BINGO"!)

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

It's interesting how sometimes just one word is all it takes to tell you every single thing you need to know about someone's character. It's also interesting how there's such a predetermined template to some peoples' allegiance to a particular political colour that it dictates what they actually believe. I wish I had such a black-and-white value system. I'm actually beginning to believe that adherence to such a rigidly codified belief system constitutes a sort of social pathology.

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself
geodoc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by geodoc »

For further reading:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-win ... itarianism
Meatservo wrote:It's interesting how sometimes just one word is all it takes to tell you every single thing you need to know about someone's character. It's also interesting how there's such a predetermined template to some peoples' allegiance to a particular political colour that it dictates what they actually believe. I wish I had such a black-and-white value system. I'm actually beginning to believe that adherence to such a rigidly codified belief system constitutes a sort of social pathology.

Schooner69A
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Schooner69A »

Enough with the disparaging use of the term "Snowflake", God Damn it!

Our little formation team here is called the Snowflakes. You can see why we're so touchy... (;>0)

We may be small but we're puny.

switchflicker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by switchflicker »

Peters's wife and two young children were on their way home during the flyby. He said the noise caused her to let go of the stroller with the 22-month-old inside, so she could move over and protect the three-year-old. The stroller rolled away and hit a Bixi stand, then toppled over.[/quote]

I saw a similar thing a few years ago. A van turned the corner a bit tight and the rear wheel rode up on the curb quite close to us pedestrians waiting for the traffic to clear. A woman pushing a stroller with a kid in it let go of the stroller in order to properly display her displeasure in the maneuver. The stroller rolled down the sloped sidewalk and would have been part of the traffic had not a fellow pedestrian grabbed it. Priorities I guess.

"I'd rather have it and not need than to need it and not have it" Capt. Augustus McCrae.
goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

I heard a CF-18 take off a few days ago. My first thought was "free air show!". Unfortunately it went the other way and I missed it.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Yeah, typical response. I mean I get what you're trying to say, I am just as sick of the postmodernist PC bullshit.

But "*Snowflake*" makes you look fucking stupid and it degrades the cause. Get with the program or continue being a hick without something better to say.

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

complexintentions wrote:
When did stupid whiny entitled people become a race? Or is just everything now that anyone disagrees with, "racist"?

If we're listing things we're getting tired of, how about the never-ending references to "intolerance"? Talk about jumping on the bullshit bandwagon. You nailed most of the "lexicon" in one post: "snowflake", "intolerance", "racism", and "ignorance".

Well done! :mrgreen:

(If you'd only thrown in a "privilege" and "cultural appropriation" I would have jumped up and shouted "BINGO"!)

Nail on the head.

linecrew
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by linecrew »

Actually, the use of the term 'snowflake' simply implies that a person is of an extremely fragile in disposition. The trend to having the majority become more and more fragile is alarming. It's exacerbated by the fact that before social media they just transmitted these feeling to a small number of people. Now, they share their emotional "trauma" with the entire world instantly and the media is right there to catch these messages like flypaper.

Spandau
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Spandau »

I thought "snowflake" was appropriate given the couple in question's obvious "fragility", but if people are tired of that term, how about the good, old, time-honored, "LOSERS"? :-)

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

If snowflake means people with a fragile disposition why is it right wingers who use it? Ironically nobody has thinner skin and is more easily offended than them. Look at their poster boy south of the border...

mantogasrsrwy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mantogasrsrwy »

Rockie wrote:If snowflake means people with a fragile disposition why is it right wingers who use it? Ironically nobody has thinner skin and is more easily offended than them. Look at their poster boy south of the border...
Oh, that's why the right is always organizing protests and rioting....oh wait.....

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

Hillary is that you!?
Rockie wrote:If snowflake means people with a fragile disposition why is it right wingers who use it? Ironically nobody has thinner skin and is more easily offended than them. Look at their poster boy south of the border...

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

See?

mantogasrsrwy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mantogasrsrwy »

See what? Calling you out for BS is thin skinned? We better go organize a riot then. Telex, you up for it?

Return to “General Comments”