Tourist killed at St. Maarten Jet Blast Hotspot

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

frosti
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Tourist killed at St. Maarten Jet Blast Hotspot

Post by frosti »

As someone who works around blowing jets, standing behind one at full power is the last thing I want to do. I hope every one of those idiots gets their head cracked open on those cement blocks. We don't need those morons in the gene pool.
---------- ADS -----------

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

frosti wrote:As someone who works around blowing jets, standing behind one at full power is the last thing I want to do. I hope every one of those idiots gets their head cracked open on those cement blocks. We don't need those morons in the gene pool.
Couldn't agree more. When I look at some of those vids and those dingbats thinking "what a rush" behind a B747 or similar winding up, stupidity is my first inclination.

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

frosti wrote:As someone who works around blowing jets, standing behind one at full power is the last thing I want to do. I hope every one of those idiots gets their head cracked open on those cement blocks. We don't need those morons in the gene pool.
That's a real classy statement. :roll:

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

TeePeeCreeper wrote:
That's a real classy statement. :roll:
Agree with you TeePeeCreeper. Sounds like a certain mustachioed guy from the 1940's ranting and raving, who thought ovens were the answer to humanities imperfections.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
boogs82
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by boogs82 »

Yeah and I'm sure they'd probably like to see you run down by a luggage cart. Real classy wishing serious injury upon people. We might as well add bungee jumping, skydiving, race car driving, aerobatics, and anything else thrill seekers want to do to the list of those you wish serious injury upon. :roll:

frosti
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by frosti »

boogs82 wrote:
Yeah and I'm sure they'd probably like to see you run down by a luggage cart. Real classy wishing serious injury upon people. We might as well add bungee jumping, skydiving, race car driving, aerobatics, and anything else thrill seekers want to do to the list of those you wish serious injury upon. :roll:
All those things have certain levels of safety built into them. Hanging onto a rickety fence with your weak, boney fingers while a 747 spools up in front of you is just stupid and dangerous. I want to shake the mans/womans hand that put that concrete barrier there, keeps the fools on the island. Permanently.

Addicted4life
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Addicted4life »

Frosti, it is attitudes like yours that have no business in our gene pool.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

frosti wrote:
boogs82 wrote:
All those things have certain levels of safety built into them. Hanging onto a rickety fence with your weak, boney fingers while a 747 spools up in front of you is just stupid and dangerous. I want to shake the mans/womans hand that put that concrete barrier there, keeps the fools on the island. Permanently.
Frosti is quite right. It is extremely dangerous and deadly- which happened and IMHO, very stupid activity.I imaging that rickety fence is probably on its last legs and the next 4 engine beast that winds up that fence will let go with all the stupid people attached and sling it on the beach on top of the rest with deadly results. This should be a real good wake up call down there for authorities to step in with some type of action plan. Say what you will about Canada but this type of situation/activity wouldn't be permitted.

frosti
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by frosti »

Addicted4life wrote:Frosti, it is attitudes like yours that have no business in our gene pool.
Go hang onto a fence.

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

And the jury decides...

That the feeble minded deserve their fate...

Darwin lives.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
Addicted4life
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Addicted4life »

frosti wrote:
Addicted4life wrote:Frosti, it is attitudes like yours that have no business in our gene pool.
Go hang onto a fence.
You stated your opinion. I responded with mine in regards to an attitude that wishes harm to those who don't recognise the danger
of their actions. Your response is exactly what I expected from you.

boogs82
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by boogs82 »

frosti wrote:
boogs82 wrote:
All at the mercy of the equipment being used. Dangerous and foolish? Yep. 100%. I still wouldn't wish death or serious injury on anybody who decides to try it out and certainly see things differently than anybody who does. And trust me....I see a lot of stupid shit in my line of work and saw just as much when I was in the Forces.

Return to “General Comments”