Jazz HR

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Orvlrite
Rank 0
Rank 0

Jazz HR

Post by Orvlrite »

Did the interview a week'n a 1/2 ago for Jazz and haven't heard back, thought it went well, wondering if the old PFO is coming or are they just that swamped. Usually you hear back pretty quick from them if you're getting a sim or not. Anyone in HR or training shed some light on this/anyone get a call recently for the sim?
---------- ADS -----------

AWOS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Jazz HR

Post by AWOS »

I've heard that they're swamped. I have friends who waited over a month to hear back.

Orvlrite
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Orvlrite »

Thanks AWOS did your friends end up getting the sim/job?

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

No news is usually good news

Aussiecat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Aussiecat »

iflyroads wrote:No news is usually good news
That being the case, I must be just about to get almost every single flying job I have applied for .......... :lol:

AWOS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by AWOS »

I've heard that you'll hear back pretty quick if you get PFO'd.

Orvlrite
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Orvlrite »

AWOS wrote:I've heard that you'll hear back pretty quick if you get PFO'd.

I've heard this as well...but then again knew a guy that recently got PFO'd 2 weeks after the interview...I guess I'll wait two weeks and call HR?? I believe that's what they said to do if I don't hear back.....

bobcaygeon
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bobcaygeon »

If you call them back in less than two weeks you'll get a PFO because you follow instructions poorly.

Air.Field
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Air.Field »

bobcaygeon wrote:If you call them back in less than two weeks you'll get a PFO because you follow instructions poorly.
But also, if you don't call, they'll think you're not interested and you'll get a PFO.

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

Air.Field wrote:
bobcaygeon wrote:If you call them back in less than two weeks you'll get a PFO because you follow instructions poorly.
But also, if you don't call, they'll think you're not interested and you'll get a PFO.
Doubt it. You applied, had an interview... you're interested.

I wouldn't read too much into timelines anymore. It used to be that you'd get called pretty quick for a sim or PFO. But these days (very recently in the last couple weeks) I know someone who was PFO'd after two weeks, another who got a SIM call 3ish days after his interview and another who is waiting after a week still with no word. Just wait, see what happens and after two weeks (No earlier) call and inquire.

Kaykay
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Kaykay »

Be patient but it really doesn't hurt to follow up after a week or two. HR tends to be quite friendly and chatty. Just be nice when you call! But there isn't really a pattern right now. I had a few friends that went through the entire process and then waited two additional weeks and got told "no thanks" and one that got an offer two days after his sim eval. Just depends :/

Return to “General Comments”