Does YTZ ever answer the phone?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Chris M
Rank 5
Rank 5

Does YTZ ever answer the phone?

Post by Chris M »

I received an invoice for landing there and am trying to get in touch with them to discuss it. The invoice line reads thus:

2017-07-27/16:10/GRAJ/PC12/KBUF

Now, my interpretation of that is that on July 27, 2017 at 16:10 UTC a PC12, registration GRAJ, originating in Buffalo, landed at Billy Bishop.

Am I right? Because if I'm right then there are a few issues.

1. GRAJ is a 1975 Cessna 172M
2. It's never been to Buffalo, let alone stopped in YTZ on the way back.
3. At the time quoted it was somewhere over Bruce Peninsula on the way to Oshkosh.

I've been trying to call them all day and every line is unmanned.
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Does YTZ ever answer the phone?

Post by photofly »

PM sent

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

It took me awhile to get hold of someone there too when I had a billing issue. I think I ended up getting through to someone in accounting if I recall.

I no longer have any need to visit YTZ with the costs these days, but I guess that is what Porter wants.

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
Antique Pilot
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Antique Pilot »

JasonE wrote:It took me awhile to get hold of someone there too when I had a billing issue. I think I ended up getting through to someone in accounting if I recall.

I no longer have any need to visit YTZ with the costs these days, but I guess that is what Porter wants.
I did a survey of fuel prices around the country for a possible lengthy tour around the country.
YTZ is $2.58 a litre for 100ll. YOW is $2.69 a litre. Gatineau is $1.69 a litre.

AP

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Or you can look on Foreflight. Oshawa is $1.65 - it was $1.52 but their self-serve pump is out of service.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Redneck_pilot86
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Redneck_pilot86 »

Antique Pilot wrote:
JasonE wrote:It took me awhile to get hold of someone there too when I had a billing issue. I think I ended up getting through to someone in accounting if I recall.

I did a survey of fuel prices around the country for a possible lengthy tour around the country.
YTZ is $2.58 a litre for 100ll. YOW is $2.69 a litre. Gatineau is $1.69 a litre.

AP
Talk about hosing - Old Crow, Yukon is $2.85/L, and all that fuel has to be flown in.

The only three things a wingman should ever say: 1. "Two's up" 2. "You're on fire" 3. "I'll take the fat one"
Chris M
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Chris M »

$1.45/L. Bulk fuel delivery is awesome!

Return to “General Comments”