Does NavCanada threaten us with higher user fees?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Does NavCanada threaten us with higher user fees?

Post by rookiepilot »

photofly wrote:
rookiepilot wrote: To defend toronto, I think Pearsons operations must govern, and vertical separation requirements. I'm not sure they could expand the class C due to buttonville, Burlington. But that's over my pay grade. 8)
Are you so sure that the restrictions at YVR *aren’t* justified that your dig about staff going to Kits beach is valid?
Photofly,

The older I get the less sure I am about many things. :mrgreen:
---------- ADS -----------

nbinont
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Does NavCanada threaten us with higher user fees?

Post by nbinont »

rookiepilot wrote:When I was in YVR a few years ago, and wanted service (meaning traffic, or even a recommended routing, not being that familiar, and crossing a prime training area ) to transit Abbotsford to Pitt meadows (staying outside the class C) the response was, even though they could clearly see and hear me, was a curt "stay clear of the airspace". That's it, in an extremely busy terminal area below the floor of the class C, like where we get service in YYZ.
This was my experience as well (3 years ago, so it could have changed since). Coming from north of Vancouver towards Victoria. No suggested routing, no suggested controller to contact, just "remain clear". And I don't recall the frequency being that busy. Something as simple as "remain clear, suggest east/west route, with tower xxx" would have been infinitely more helpful. Once I explained I was unfamiliar with the area the controllers were helpful. It was certainly a different response than you get in YYZ.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “General Comments”