AVCANADA Hire Me! Page

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

How did you get your last job - Main Factor

Applied online or email with CV
48%
Attended in person with CV
6%
Cold call from posting my CV online
2%
Word of mouth (Internal Reference)
28%
Recruited by a company with little or no solicitation
6%
PML Interview or similar
2%
Other
8%

Total votes: 50

tps8903
Rank 3
Rank 3

AVCANADA Hire Me! Page

Post by tps8903 »

I was bored, so I was cruising the hire me page to see what the current talent pool is like out there. Plan old curiosity. Then I wondered.

In all honesty, has anyone ever gotten a cold call from an aviation company based on posting their information here? It seems to me like its a long shot. Most places get hundreds of resumes when they place ads on this website and I just can't picture people using this site to look for candidates.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's why I'm asking.

With all the movement in the aviation sector right now it seems to me that people need to get out there and shake some hands instead of relying on the internet to find a job for them. Especially the people that have posted here with > 1000 hrs TT. There are all kinds of companies currently parking planes because they are short pilots. So why is it that there are still so man unemployed aviators?

Just my 2 cents.

So now I want to do a survey. What was the main factor in how you got your last job?
---------- ADS -----------

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: AVCANADA Hire Me! Page

Post by goingnowherefast »

I knew the chief pilot. Bit of right place right time too, but right time is almost all the time now.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “General Comments”