Aviation medical

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

tazin river
Rank 4
Rank 4

Aviation medical

Post by tazin river »

Hello there

My aviation medical expires Dec 22 of this year (Private over 40 years old) and I can't get an appointment until January 9th. Any consequences I should know about if I wait until the following month to get it do? I don't fly in the winter.

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

nbinont
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Aviation medical

Post by nbinont »

Your medical expires on the 1st of the month of the 13th (or 25th) month after your last medical (see CAR 404.04(7)). So assuming your last medical was done on Dec 22, you can legally fly up to Dec 31st with it. Then you can't fly until you get your new medical. No issues if you let it lapse for a bit (other than the unable to fly problem).

tazin river
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by tazin river »

Thank you

I tried to contact someone at Transport Canada and left a message..good luck to try to connect with someone there....

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

tazin river wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:59 pm Thank you

I tried to contact someone at Transport Canada and left a message..good luck to try to connect with someone there....
Try the Vancouver office. I gave up waiting for an email reply to a question after 2 weeks, and I gave them a call. Miraculously they put me through to someone who actually answered my question. I'm not sure if there was some kind of unusual astronomical alignment that caused this to happen.

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

I've been having a conversation with them 6 weeks at a time... I send an email in, 6 weeks later I get a reply. I reply the same day, and wait 6 weeks for the next.

tazin river
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by tazin river »

Well...they actually did call back the same day! Edmonton office I think...and answered my question...consistent with what other said...ok to take my medical on January 9th.....

Thanks all

switchflicker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by switchflicker »

Lots of commercial friends of mine (over 40 years old) who fly in the summer only, just do one medical each spring and let it laps at the end of the season.

"I'd rather have it and not need than to need it and not have it" Capt. Augustus McCrae.

Return to “General Comments”