Air Cadet Alumni

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Air Ops
Rank 0
Rank 0

Air Cadet Alumni

Post by Air Ops »

Central Region Air Operations is searching for cadet qualified pilots who have moved on from the program. We have a need for experienced RCAC personnel to assist in the operation and manning of gliding sites throughout the province. In several areas, including Northern and Northwestern Ontario, the need is critical.

We know that there are many people out there who got their start through the cadet program and who would love to help those who are now coming through the program behind them. We know that you are out there, we just don't know who you are and where you are!

So, this is a call for RCAC alumni. If you flew in the cadet program or if you supported flying in the program, we would love to hear from you. If you are in Northern or Northwestern Ontario, we need you!
---------- ADS -----------

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: Air Cadet Alumni

Post by ahramin »

Air Ops it might help to post contact information.

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

As an alumni I would love to go back, but after a few attempts, and no returned emails/calls I have given up on trying. It’d be nice if there was a real effort to get more people involved, it’s a great program

If there’s someone who I can get in contact with I’d consider getting back into it

Air Ops
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Air Ops »

ahramin wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:38 am Air Ops it might help to post contact information.
Well, we don't have a group mailbox but you can send me a PM here.

Air Ops
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Air Ops »

flyingcanuck wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:42 am As an alumni I would love to go back, but after a few attempts, and no returned emails/calls I have given up on trying. It’d be nice if there was a real effort to get more people involved, it’s a great program

If there’s someone who I can get in contact with I’d consider getting back into it
As a military organisation, we can be a bit bureaucratic and it can take some time to work through the system but I will do what I can to help if you send me a PM. Let me know where you are located.

BE20 Driver
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by BE20 Driver »

Former air cadet and glider instructor here. I only wish I were living in Ontario and had the time to help out. I miss gliding like you wouldn't believe and would love to get back into it one day.

Best of luck getting some volunteers to step up.

Air Ops
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Air Ops »

BE20 Driver wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:29 am Former air cadet and glider instructor here. I only wish I were living in Ontario and had the time to help out. I miss gliding like you wouldn't believe and would love to get back into it one day.

Best of luck getting some volunteers to step up.
Send me a PM. I am responsible for the gliding in Ontario but I have counterparts across the country. We always need good people.

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 2112 »

I'm a former Air Cadet living in Timmins, I was a famil pilot at SOGC in 2008 but haven't flown a glider since let me know if there is any way I can help out. email me at mdubya89@gmail.com

Cheers,

Mike

Bradley Tucker
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bradley Tucker »

I have tried to get involved with flying ops as I’m a current CIC Captain. With a commercial multi ifr and have had no luck. I would be happy to get involved if someone wants to reach out to me.

Skywrencher
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Skywrencher »

I think Frank of Skycare medivac (souixlookout) was at one time maybe leave a message for him

Air Ops
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Air Ops »

I am still looking for a few good Glider Instructors for summer positions and I need personnel to supervise at my Power Pilot Scholarship sites where the cadets receive training towards their PPL. Glider instructor candidates need to be glider pilots already but the Power Pilot Scholarship is a great opportunity for anyone who is in the CIC or is a CI but who is not a pilot. As a matter of fact, some of the best folks I have had are either not pilots or they are pilots who no longer fly for one reason or another. The job is not an onerous one and your days mainly entail hanging around an FTU which seems to be something aviation-oriented people like to do anyway!

If there is anyone out there who feels they might have what it takes to help us out, please drop me a line and I'll put you in touch with the proper people.

I'm still looking for people to support cadet flying operations in Northern Ontario and I will be in Thunder Bay this weekend to discuss it in person if you wish. Operation Aurora, our Northern Ontario road show, is moving from Dryden to T-Bay this week so say hi if you see them pass by; the planes are pretty hard to miss!

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mountainvie ... 8826253408

CBAME
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CBAME »

I saw the facebook posts from operation Aurora great work.

Wish i could be of more help, if you have need for an AME let me know
if you require part time help at the Power Scholarships i may be able to help, I am not able to take the summer off yet. working on that.
I am a glider pilot who has not flown in years but i do miss it alot

C

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Where is the power scholarship FTU?

This sounds very interesting.

Air Ops
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Air Ops »

Hi Beef,

The Power Pilot Scholarship is held at FTUs who bid for the contract each year. The call for tenders is still out at the moment so we do not know who the winning bidders will be. Having said this, we tend to see the same FTUs returning year after year as we can be pretty particular regarding things like Flight Safety management and aircraft maintenance so certain FTUs have learned how to structure their operation and their bid in order to be successful. If you are interested, I can put you in touch with the Regional Air Ops Officer in North West Region who would be the one with cadets in Alberta. Knowing what I do of your background, I could see you being an excellent candidate for a position.

Air Ops

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Background, you mean smart mouth guy who can kind of fly 172s, is willing to answer cadet questions or find an answer for them and likes eating sandwiches while hanging around FTUs?

Ok PM me the contact info for the Regional Air Ops Officer.

If they want to send me to Ontario I want a nice new sleeping bag.

AbroaDan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AbroaDan »

“....a bit bureaucratic....” is a bit of a gross understatement.......

Return to “General Comments”