Need Some Advice Moving Forward

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

MKR607
Rank 0
Rank 0

Need Some Advice Moving Forward

Post by MKR607 »

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on AVCANADA and I'm looking for some advice from you experienced people!

So as it stands I'm an FO on the King Air 200 and 1900D. I believe I will be upgraded to captain on the King Air 200 very soon. I passed 1,000 hours not too long ago and studying for my ATPL now. I want to stay at my current company for probably another year. I don't mind the city I'm but it's not home!

In a years time I should have about 1800 hours, my ATPL and be captain on the King Air 200. (Possibility of being Captain on the 1900 in that time as well but probably requires me to stay a little longer). I'd have probably about 1500 multi-turbine time with some PIC.

Now, like any other young pilot who's been dreaming about this career since they we're a kid....my goal is the Majors like AC, WJ, SW, TS, etc...

So where should I focus my attention?

Would it be best to finish up the year and head to the regionals like Jazz ans WS Encore?
Tough it out for another couple years and become Captain on the 1900 in hopes of skipping regionals? (Or is this an unrealistic expectation?)

Would love to hear what you guys have to say!
I really appreciate your time and opinions
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “General Comments”