2017 - COPA Board Resignations?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Lotro
Rank 4
Rank 4

2017 - COPA Board Resignations?

Post by Lotro »

Is something happening with the COPA board (again?) that there are lots of resignations and many open seats?

[quoteA third veteran COPA director has announced she will not be running for re-election in the coming year. Cheryl Marek, who represents Southern Ontario, will step aside, leaving two vacant posts in that region. Phil Englishman had earlier announced he would not seek re-election. There will also be two vacancies in the B.C. and Yukon Region. Joe Hessberger, who joined the board in 2016, will not run. Tim Cole retired at the end of 2016 and the vacancy wasn’t filled.][/quote]

https://copanational.org/en/2017/12/15/13594/
---------- ADS -----------

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: 2017 - COPA Board Resignations?

Post by pelmet »

There were a lot of unfavourable comments on this very forum about the last guy that was heading COPA. Do people think that there has been an improvement with the new guy running the show?

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

pelmet wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:07 pm There were a lot of unfavourable comments on this very forum about the last guy that was heading COPA. Do people think that there has been an improvement with the new guy running the show?
Yes, he seems to be doing a great job. The people causing the previous dysfunction all seem to have left.

BGH
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BGH »

I was a member for over 20 years & voiced my displeasure at the improper removal of a director - they basically told me not to let the door hit me in the ass.Never even returned the two years of prepaid dues they owed me,we don’t do refunds was the statement.

Daryl

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

BGH wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:37 pm I was a member for over 20 years & voiced my displeasure at the improper removal of a director - they basically told me not to let the door hit me in the ass.Never even returned the two years of prepaid dues they owed me,we don’t do refunds was the statement.

Daryl
I did the same, and got canned responses that trotted out the board's invalid position. After the old board was mostly replaced, I emailed the new interim Chair and get a more favourable response indicating that they were looking to improve things, and this now seems to have happened (Doug Ronan is now a candidate for S.Ontario).

ctmorawetz
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ctmorawetz »

The board of directors at COPA has just gone through a set of elections in Southern Ontario, Quebec and BC. There are a number of new directors in each of those provinces/regions. In the last two years, there have been a number of changes in the philosophy and mission of COPA. These changes have been done to make the organization more inclusive to anyone that is in the aviation community.

Full disclosure: I am one of the new directors. Based on my username, you can probably figure out which one. Feel free to reach out to me about COPA anytime.

Keep your stick on the ice - Red Green

Return to “General Comments”