Pilot to pilot altercation, both leave flight deck in flight

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Pilot to pilot altercation, both leave flight deck in flight

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

You don't hit people, you certainly don't hit a woman, and you don't both leave the pointy end while in flight. This is why we shouldn't show the High and the Mighty clip in groundschool.

An Indian airline has grounded two pilots over allegations that they had a fight and briefly stormed out of the cockpit during a New Year’s Day flight from London to Mumbai. Jet Airways is investigating claims that a male pilot slapped his female colleague during an argument while the plane was in the air with 324 passengers onboard. Reports in several Indian newspapers, quoting unnamed sources, said the midair altercation led the female pilot to leave the cockpit in tears and she had to be persuaded to go back in by cabin crew.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... et-airways
---------- ADS -----------

Kejidog
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Pilot to pilot altercation, both leave flight deck in flight

Post by Kejidog »

Suprise suprise. I am willing to bet if it was a guy he slapped he’d be knocked out cold. Some pussies think it makes them manly to assualt a woman. Third world seventh century thinking in a 21 century machine.

makmoco
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by makmoco »

Funny story among pilots, serious situation for passengers. Of course no one should ever hit a woman nor your captain, although, No matter the gender after someone slapped another, I think they both lacked the temperament and of course the cold head decision making inside the cockpit.

Prodriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Pilots Now suspended over fight!1

Post by Prodriver »

"I need a time machine"
complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

How sexist to suggest that it's worse to hit a woman than a man. Seems to be a presumption that the male was the captain and the woman was the first officer. Also sexist. I thought we were all striving for equality? I'm reporting you all to Mr. Socks. :mrgreen:

India is the joke of international aviation.

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.

Return to “General Comments”