Pilot unity

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Ypilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Pilot unity

Post by Ypilot »

We live in critical times.

Edit : Removed the picture.
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by Ypilot on Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Pilot unity

Post by Black_Tusk »

Personally I'd prefer that button break......

Ypilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ypilot »

That is the beauty of it. :mrgreen:

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

stay strong in times of temptation :lol:

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
youhavecontrol
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by youhavecontrol »

I prefer to view aviation as less of a boys club... speaking of pilot unity and all.

"I found that Right Rudder you kept asking for."
DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Peripheral topic, but didn't Lisa fricken Rait legislate a back to work movement during the AC strike?
So, what power do any unions or groups even have if it's illegal to strike or possibly, even work to rule? :rolleyes:

Also, how was that allowed to happen?

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

It wasn’t just pilots, Canada Post workers were even worse off under the last Conservative government. It happened because right wing governments do not believe in workers exercising their legal right to withdraw services and punish any employee group that dares try.

They also didn’t believe much in the Constitution and ran afoul of the Judiciary many times when they struck down Conservative attempts at legislation that violated it. Harper even crossed the line in an unprecedented personal attack on the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court accusing her of being partisan.

Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Eric Janson »

Pillot unity is a Unicorn; rumoured to exist but nobody has ever seen one!

Face it - Pilots are selfish egomaniacs who will always put their own interests first. That will never change.

I've seen it over and over again.

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business
Ypilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ypilot »

youhavecontrol wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:20 pm I prefer to view aviation as less of a boys club... speaking of pilot unity and all.
I love flying with women pilots. I don't think there are any issues with having more women joining the club.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Extremism is a mental disorder...

Last edited by altiplano on Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
NewCommercialPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NewCommercialPilot »

Pilot unity is identity politics no different from what the neo-Marxists and radical feminists are pushing. And that isn't surprising, as the labour unions and the radical left have had similar interests for years. Identity politics assumes that my interests are the same interests as those of my class. I'm an individual and a free thinker, I don't need a cabal of similar self-seeking union minions and power seeking layabouts to protect me or decide for me.

As was said above, forget pilot unity, it doesn't exist. Get on with company that treats you well, and find a way to be happy in life. Be true to your self, be faithful to your spouse, treat others with respect. And watch as many Dr Jordan Peterson videos as you can lol! (Here's a great place to start: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMcjxST ... 8953989058)

Brantford Beech Boy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Brantford Beech Boy »

Found a pic of pilot unity....

BBB

"Almost anywhere, almost anytime...worldwide(ish)"
Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

Rockie wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:13 am It wasn’t just pilots, Canada Post workers were even worse off under the last Conservative government. It happened because right wing governments do not believe in workers exercising their legal right to withdraw services and punish any employee group that dares try.

They also didn’t believe much in the Constitution and ran afoul of the Judiciary many times when they struck down Conservative attempts at legislation that violated it. Harper even crossed the line in an unprecedented personal attack on the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court accusing her of being partisan.
Sorry, but what does this have to do with anything even remotely related to this thread or this forum?

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

Pilot unity courtesy of CPPC.

Interesting Facts

The email program we use for these reports tracks various statistics that provide us with data. Here are some you may find of interest:
Our last email (August 2017 Update) was sent to 1,977 individual email addresses and was opened by 974, which represents 49%. This was off from our previous updates, which generally are opened by 60-65% of recipients.
As of this moment, we currently have 367 members in good standing. Assuming all members in good standing opened the last email, that means 607 others have read what we've been doing without supporting us financially in the past year.
Speaking of the past year, since October of 2016, we have had 50 new members join. We thank these pilots for stepping forward and appreciate their support. We are also appreciative of those who have been with us for the long haul.
We are painfully aware that many of you feel that you need to see more results before making a commitment of a renewed membership. Nevertheless, we hope you see that to achieve that, we need to stay the course and that you see fit to assist us to move forward...

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Bede wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:10 am [quote=Rockie post_id=<a href="tel:1026091">1026091</a> time=<a href="tel:1516349612">1516349612</a> user_id=5632]
It wasn’t just pilots, Canada Post workers were even worse off under the last Conservative government. It happened because right wing governments do not believe in workers exercising their legal right to withdraw services and punish any employee group that dares try.

Sorry, but what does this have to do with anything even remotely related to this thread or this forum?
[/quote]

The post before mine (post #6) asked a few questions related to union effectiveness and how it has been allowed to diminish. Directly relevant I’d say, and I was directly responding.

Pilot unity is intended to increase effectiveness is it not? Effectiveness is directly effected by the government of the day, how much they respect workers rights and how heavy handed they are prepared to be to curtail them. DanWec’s post was entirely relevant as was my response.

It remains to be seen how this government responds to such challenges, but history indicates they will be more respectful than the last one.

Last edited by Rockie on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

I saw a picture of Ypilot in an ad while browsing this thread:

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

prefer to view aviation as less of a boys club... speaking of pilot unity and all.
I love politically correct posts from morally superior posters.

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
Ypilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ypilot »

For CPPC, I don't think it is a lack of unity from pilots. I think the majority of pilots do not want to be represented by a professional order.

Like it or not, the industry is well organized, they appear to be efficient at voicing their needs at the government and transport canada.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

trey kule wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:52 am
prefer to view aviation as less of a boys club... speaking of pilot unity and all.
I love politically correct posts from morally superior posters.
It's not being "political correct" to point out that the OP is a bit of a dick by posting that pic in this thread. He comes across as being a 12 year old.

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

It's not being "political correct" to point out that the OP is a bit of a dick by posting that pic in this thread. He comes across as being a 12 year old.

.....well, unless you think that the rest of us could not determine that for ourselves, and needed it to be pointed out to us by a superior being.
And btw, nothing was mentioned about the op picture. Not sure how you made the connection between the op picture and the comment I posted..

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post

Return to “General Comments”